Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

First post-op visit with the dr. today. Everything is healing well and I am feeling pretty well, other than bouts of tiredness. I am walking as I feel up to it...Monday and again today I walked about a mile each day. Still feeling some pain and pressure, but it's way better than before. I got a superficial blood clot in my arm post surgery and it's going away, slowly but surely, so my arm is not so painful and swollen.

No bladder or bowel issues, thankfully. Swelly belly is down, YAY. Just tired today from all the exertion (dr's appt, out to lunch, then walking at the mall).

Hugs and well wishes to all my sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossandferns
A quick timeline of the week surrounding my surgery:
Saturday: husband's sister died
Tuesday: surgery
Friday: daughter becomes homeless and shows up on our doorstep with her two boys
Today: husband lost job

Help!
You have had a rough week! I am so sorry that you've gone through all of this! I'm praying that God will give you the strength to do what you need to do, 1 day at a time.
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49 & Fine
Jazz, Are you doing better! I am on day 6 now and finally am seeing the other side of pain now! That gas was the worst pain of all and the fear of that BM. I found that if you stand and bend over the toilet instead of sitting and bearing down , it relieves a lot of the pain, worked well for me! i ate prunes for 3 days before and after surgery, worked well for me! I am doing well, episiotomy was a surprise, but almost healed, now I can sit and be comforatble. Almost done with pain meds..doing much better!
Hey there! Glad the pain is getting better for you! The gas pain truly was the worst! Milk of Mag the first 2 nights home took care of the gas and BM for me....been goin on my own every morning since! Hang in there....keep me posted on your progress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Mossandfern--wow, how much can a body handle. My mom always used to say that God never gives us more than we can handle--sometimes I think he thinks some of us have wider shoulders than others. I'm sending an angel your way to help watch over you. My thoughts are with you.
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti
First post-op visit with the dr. today. Everything is healing well and I am feeling pretty well, other than bouts of tiredness. I am walking as I feel up to it...Monday and again today I walked about a mile each day. Still feeling some pain and pressure, but it's way better than before. I got a superficial blood clot in my arm post surgery and it's going away, slowly but surely, so my arm is not so painful and swollen.

No bladder or bowel issues, thankfully. Swelly belly is down, YAY. Just tired today from all the exertion (dr's appt, out to lunch, then walking at the mall).

Hugs and well wishes to all my sisters.
Hi Biscotti! That's great news! Sounds like you're doing good! I get tired easy too...I think that is my only complaint at this point..other than not being able to do what I want!

Did the doc do an internal exam on you or just ask questions? I go on the 17th for my first post-op...I'm thankful that he'll just ask questions!

Keep up the good work and get out for your walks!
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Mossandferns -

All our love and prayers. I too had a rough surgical week - my autistic son became violent and I underwent surgery with one eye swollen shut and scores of other bruises (of course, everyone at the hospital was giving my DH the cold shoulder assuming he did it). Today, my son became violent again - and we will probably have to find another place for him to live (he is ll).

Not as tragic a week as yours - but I think all this reminds us that unfortunately, the world does not stop for our surgery. Whether or not we have our wombs taken, we are still women, and as such are the keepers and caretakers of the family and hearth.

Stay strong
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:31 PM

YIPPEE! I'm so happy you finally pooped Jennine! I thought about you today. I'm sorry you still have to cath, but that's just a matter of time too. Hang in there!
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdsney1
Hey eburg!

I am with you on the pressure. I have lot's of pressure in my pelvic area. That combinated with pain and the feeling my insides will drop out. I am not walking well yet. Very S-L-O-W. I am still spotting here and there. Recovery has been very hard for me. I have also been having horrible headaches! Right in the back of my head. Also dealing with a sore throat. And the list goes on. I don't know why I am not bouncing back like so many of the women I have read about on here having the same procedure as me (TVH).
I am shocked to hear the some don't even need pain meds. I am only 30 years old. Before surgery I ran 5 days a week. I am barely walking. I definately need my pain meds. Hope this turns around for me really soon.

Hope you get well soon too!!!!

Miss
I don't know what kind of surgery you've had, but please don't judge your recovery by the others here. I was doing the same thing, wondering why some women who had surgeries the same day as me were already walking up and down stairs, and I could barely get out of bed. I kept reading, and realized that many had a LAVH and kept ovaries, etc., where I had a TAH, vertical incision, removal of remaining ovary, stage iv endo, a mass on my bladder that almost perforated and killed me, and a rectocele repair as well.

I would have given anything to not have had all of that, but it is what it is, and we all heal differently. I'm sure some women who have had minimally invasive hysterectomies are struggling, where others who have had the roughest surgeries are running marathons already (ok, I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean, LOL.)

Just take it one day at a time, and judge your progress on YOUR yesterday, or YOUR last week.

Hugs
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:45 PM

Moss and CA, I am so sorry for all you have to deal with. Please get your rest and try not to stress too much. You are in my prayers.

I recieved a cutting machine today called the Klic N Kut Element so I am reading the manual trying to figure out this monster. I do card making and I want to start scrapbooking so I thought I might have fun with this machine. It looks so complicated though! Off to install software and see if I can get this working.
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:48 PM

Mossandferns and CA Princess,
OMG! How are you both feeling? I know with all that is going on it is hard to focus on yourselves, but you both just had major surgery- I hope you both will be given time to heal! My prayers are with you and your families.
Take Care!
Jennine

And Thank You MollyPolly!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register