Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaveatcows
Lizard -- even if you had LVAH and no cut you probably are NOT ready to be lifting and pulling. As much as I want to be back to lifting weights 5-6x a week I am waiting on that. Driving me crazy but I am waiting.

And your doctor, not your employer, decides when you can resume your duties. Make sure your employer understands that.

I hope you are able to work this all out. But, by all means, discuss with your doctor -- if he gives you the okay then go for it!!!

I go for follow up on the 17th and am asking WHEN can I do my weights again!!!!
IWAVEATCOWS, fellow gym rat. My followup yesterday with my doctor was good - pathology report all good, too. He said I could return to the gym in two weeks with no restrictions. In the meantime, I'm walking, walking, and walking. Good luck on the 17th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:43 AM

How much are you guys walking at a time?
Unread 08-09-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossandferns
Molly - hope you feel better soon! I had an infection and there was no doubt about it for me. Yikes! What are Chelsea lately and cranberry caps?

Molly and J9 - I'm sorry you have to deal with all that. Props on the great attitudes!

Molly and marshmallow - I make cards with little drawings/watercolors on them. I'd love to do scrapbooking but can't get that organized with photos or concepts or something. ???
There are GREAT websites for ideas for pages, as well as magazines in the craft stores. I think you'd surprise yourself, once you got started, at how creative you can really be. It's so fun!

Cranberry capsules are found in the vitamin section. I've been taking them and Acidophilus to get my tummy juices back to normal. I can't drink cranberry juice because I'm a diabetic, and juice raises my blood sugar a little too much (even though I have my wonderful insulin pump!)

Chelsea Lately is a new show on E! network, and she (Chelsea Handler) is hysterical! I was cracking up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I walk my Molly to the corner and back (and can't bend over to pick up her poop - sorry to all the other residents here ) and around my apartment a little. I was doing too much, so I'm laying low right now.
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9c
Hi MollyPolly!
I can relate with feeling like your body has failed you. I found out I had a cystocele, rectocele and stage 2 uterine prolapse while I was still doing chemo for breast cancer. I had to finish that up and radiation before even thinking about this surgery- I told my radiation oncologist what I was going through- bleeding daily- before he said I only had to wait 3 or 4 weeks after radiation to have the TVH with repairs! But I also have been seeing a counselor at the hospital I go to for the Breast Cancer and she said, but look at what your body has done. And when I think about it, she's right! My body didn't want all this to happen to it, but it did and it is fighting like hell to stay well. And I know your body is doing the same thing! While you are resting, just think about all the healing that is happening everywhere in your body! Our bodies really want to be well, and do everything they can to get better! So as my counselor said to me, try to think about all the good things your body is doing to make you better! I hope this helps, and doesn't feel like a lecture- because after all you've been through the last thing you need is a lecture. But when my counselor put it that way to me, it just made sense!

I hope things get better soon- and you don't have a UTI- last thing you need!

Hope everyone is healing!
Take Care!!
Jennine
It doesn't feel like a lecture at all. I appreciate everything you said. I guess I'm just tired of fighting all the time, ya know? But I'm trying to stay positive and take everything one day at a time.

How's the pooping/peeing coming along *giggle*
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
mossandferns, I'm walking about 15 minutes at a time.
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:31 AM

Today is a week since my surgery and just reading all of your comments is making me feel (mentally) much better. I had two surgeries in two weeks, the first being an attempt at Norasure; however, my fibroids ended up being much larger (2 1/2 cm to 3 1/2 cm) and my Dr. couldn't do it. He also tried a new method, but it also failed; thus, the reason for my LAH. Yesterday, was a bad day for me mentally (cried just about all day), since this was not want a really wanted, but in order to get my life back it was my only option.

My neighbor (who has had a liver transplant) has been supportive and told me that I would have a few "wo, is me" days and I guess yesterday was one of those. Today is better.

Moss - I haven't really started any walking yet, except to the mailbox. But my Dr. hasn't released me to start walking yet. He knows that I was "power walking" three miles a day before hand, so he probably doesn't trust me. When he does release me, I promise to start slow.

AmyEndo - THANKS for the words of support. You are very right - men could not handle this. And I am very thankful for all of you and the support of my husband - he told me this morning that I'm still the same woman that he has always loved.

Thanks - D
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:59 AM
TVH, sling, repairs on 8-06-08

I'm four days post-op and thought I'd feel better by now. No appetite, no energy. DD walked with me across the street to get the paper, probably my only outside walk today.

Can't seem to avoid steps, they're just a fact of my life. I'm taking them slowly and as infrequently as possible.

One thing I'm glad I did was to wear an old pair of glasses to the hospital (and now at home). If I fall asleep in them, I'm not worried about breaking them.

One thing I wish I had bought is a soft leisure bra. The regualr ones are too uncomfortable to lay on.

sortofrunner, 55, TVH, sling & repairs on 8-06-07
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:13 AM

Sortofrunner - I walked better in the hospital then I did when I got home. Today is a week since my op (LSH) and my legs are feeling much better, but I still have pain in my lower abdomen.

Just take it easy and remember to REST, REST, REST.

Don't worry too much about your appetite, I still don't have mine and have to remind myself to eat, then it only takes a few bites to fill me up. I figure it will come back, but what I eat now, I make sure is very healthy.

Also, be careful about a sports bra. I tried that for about ten minutes - too tight!!!!

Take care of yourself !!!!

D
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:31 AM

I think if you are still tired then your body just needs to rest. We all bounce back differently. I had TVH and feel great but I think it is much easier then what you all had done. But every afternoon around 3:00 I am sooo tired! I have to lay down when it hits. Sometimes I sleep and sometimes I just lay there and rest.

Moss I hope your interview went well!

Moss and Mollypolly, how come we can't live closer and do crafts together? Not fair.
check out this website. www.splitcoaststampers.com It is awesome. There is a gallery which is full of beautiful projects.

I didn't get my walk in yesterday so hopefully today I will. I just ran out of time yesterday. DS is heading golfing today and asked if I wanted to walk with him! ha ha ha ha I have been walking 15 minutes in the morning and 1/2 hour in the evenings.

Time for coffee!
Have a good day ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register