Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I am feeling great! One week post-op and I finally got up enough nerve to remove my "bandaids" on my tummy. Feels fine looks worse, bruising, then I thought it would, kinda weird. Just walking around the house and out in the yard a bit. Have doctors appt. on the 17th. I think, well I know, I will start driving next Tues. daughter has doctor appt.. I only get real exhausted really fast, no more pain.

*whatever is a DH in these comments?*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Hi Girls!

dh is Dear husband.

I had a rough night last night- took forever to get to sleep and then was up because I was hot, then cold. I guess the night sweats are starting.

MollyPolly- I know you can't take HRT either- is there anything we can take??

About the peeing- I finally peed yesterday a little on my own 50ml and cathed 350. Last night I did 100ml but cathed 500! This is supposed to be the other way around! And this morning I sat there for 30 minutes and couldn't go, so I am just waiting for a stronger urge! I'm not sure what they're going to say to do next if this continues much longer. And I still haven't had another bm- I am eating right and drinking a ton of water- so I don't know. (I don't know many sites you can talk about peeing and pooping and people are interested- thank you for letting me vent!!)

Thank you to the Sisters who are helping me through this!! It is so nice to read all the posts!!

All you Scrapping Sisters- I used to love to scrap- with all that's been going on the last year I haven't, but want to get back into it!

Heidi- what is that cutter you got?? I just bought the Cricut (pronounced Cricket) a few weeks ago and have only been able to play with it a little. You can type in words and it cuts it out on the paper you put through. It is really cool. I can't wait to feel like scrapping again! I am so far behind- my dd is 9 and ds is 7- when I feel like it I just like to do recent pictures anyway. I don't know if I'll ever go back and scrap the years I missed- oh well.

Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:09 AM

Heidi - I will check out that website, thanks! It would be fun to get together. Oh well.

An hour before I was supposed to go to my interview, I started feeling all shaky inside and couldn't hold the tears in anymore. I've been trying to be strong for everyone else and not show how upset I was. It just wouldn't stay in anymore. So I took a lorazepam and asked to postpone the interview. I feel like such a loser when I can't do things. My husband was very understanding and that helped a lot. I think I just needed to let all those emotions out. They are persistent things and seem to come out one way or another!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 10:11 AM

Jennine - that cutter thing sounds very cool. Was it expensive? Your kids seem like just the right age to be into that stuff.
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Mossandferns,
I couldn't believe you were going on an interview so soon- so it's probably for the best that you were able to postpone it. I'm glad your dh is there to support you- if he's willing, get those emotions out- I'm sure with everything you've had going on, you have lots of emotions you are keeping bottled up. Sending out a big

Also remember, if you just want to vent, we're here!

The Cricut was $300 originally, but I got it on a great sale for $125! Eventhough I haven't scrapped in a while, I couldn't pass up that deal!

Take care of yourself!
Jennine
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:26 AM

Thanks j9, now I feel like an idiot for asking. I have a very wonderful DH. If it wasn't for his support, I would be a basket case!
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:41 AM

This is my first post. I've been lurking about reading and learning and being grateful for the support of people who I will never meet!

Sure wish I had discovered this site BEFORE my surgery. Only discovered it as I was looking for more info after the surgery.

I had a TAH on July 30. My surgeon removed everything including a cantelope sized endometrial mass that had involved my right ovary, fallopian tube and some intestines. It was not cancerous, so we are celebrating this good news. I have a long vertical incision-staples have been removed (wish I had counted them!), and now have little surgi-strips covering the stripe from my lower pelvis up to the right of my belly button.

My hospital stay was as good as can be expected. My room was in a new women's center part of the hospital. All private rooms with a futon for my husband. The nurses were all helpful and encouraging.

My recovery is going slowly and steadily. Wish I had known how bad the pre-bm gas was going to be. That was by far the worst pain! Would've been downing stool softeners sooner had I known.

I too, was becoming disheartened to read posts from others with similar surgery dates talking about going out to dinner, walking at the mall, etc. I have been walking around my house, out to get the paper, etc, but it's too hot in Oklahoma to take a longer walk, and I don't think I could handle it. I still get shaky when I know I have done too much.

I'm going to try to post this. If it works I will share more later.

Take it slow and be patient with yourself!
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:48 AM

Welcoome, soonershep! Do you have a sheep dog? Private room with a futon sounds great! I had a noisy little half room crowded with the tray table and iv pole and a chair for my hubby right by the noisy ac. He had to get up every time we wanted to talk. lol
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:56 AM

LizardLover59,
There are no questions that can't be asked here! I didn't know any of the terminology- there is a section on this site that explains the TVH, etc- I knew none of that when I first came here- it gets easier!! I remember when a friend sent an Email and wrote LOL- I had no idea what that meant-lots of love was what I thought- but it didn't work where he put it!! Now I know it's laugh out loud - but boy did I feel dumb!!

Take Care!

Jennine
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:56 AM

for moss
it sounds like you maybe need to take a breather before the next interview. I agree, it is kind of soon to be tackling such a huge piece of reality. Give yourself some time and it will work itself out.

I have seen the cricut and have debated about that and then my local craft store got the silouhette and that looked cool. Then I read about this Klic n Kut and it cuts just about anything which sold me. Too bad it cost an arm and a leg, I had 2 yard sales this summer to make money to buy it.
http://www.stickystuff.biz/catalog/p...fc2403bd669c57
There is a link to it. Many of my friends have the cricut and love it so much!
I also recieved a Stampin Up order yesterday so I need to mount some stamps today to make Thanks cards. And I placed an order for the Angel Company.
www.angelcompany.net
I love to spend money can you tell? DH is anxiously awaiting my return to work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register