Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

marshmallowchri, the bottom half of that table is split and is similar to the stirrups at the doctor's office. They told me it puts a lot of strain on your back muscles and thighs. My back is better today, not as sore feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 07:01 AM

i still have not had a bm despite all the stuff i am taking
this is gross
but i don't know how much i should "push" for the bm.
I'm afraid of popping any stitches
Unread 08-03-2007, 07:08 AM

My LAP surgery Wednesday was a little complicated. My doctor had to get another surgeon to assist. I had lots of scar tissue, so much so she could only remove 1 ovary and cyst. Could not "find" the other one. My incisions hurt, but other than that, I am in no pain. I am going to stop taking pain meds today. I have had gas pains, very small BM today, and urinating frequently. Coughing hurts. Family has been great, mom flew in to help with cooking and cleaning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 07:37 AM

I feel like a new woman after my shower!!! Now I just need a BM and I'm good to go!
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:02 AM

I had the neck pain below my ears too... it must be the way we were positioned for surgery.

There were a lot more nurses than patients on my floor, and I was amazed at the wonderful nursing care I received. Also, the residents actually talked to me and explained what they knew about my case. Also, I had a great roommate who was the same age as me. Neither of us used the T.V. We just enjoyed talking to each other. And I loved my breakfast of a cheese omelet and oatmeal after having nothing to eat for over 36 hours.

That is quite a historical event for the one who was in the hospital the same time as people were coming in from the bridge collapse in Minn.

I am trying to not take Percocet today, and I really want to have a B.M. today, too! The gas has indeed been something else!!

I can feel beneficial effects for my vaginal area from the CombiPatch that I received, but my ankles have been swelling up. Hope I can still keep taking this patch.

I've taken over the living room recliner and have been able to sleep better than I expected.

I am so thankful this surgery is over. What a relief!!! Now we can all concentrate on a full recovery and that we will feel better than ever once the surgical healing has taken place!

I've also been surprised that nothing has oozed or bled... I had a LSH w/ BSO. I am just amazed that they got everything out the belly button. Incredible!!!

Brenda
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:18 AM
home from the hospital

Hi everyone. I had a tah on monday and I got home yesterday. I feel horrible, I am constipated, not sleeping, I have a sinus infection on top of this, and my emotions are "chemically imbalanced" as the doctor put it.

just a little background on me, i had walking pneumonia in may, a week long hospital stay for pneumonia in june, a horrible infection from all the antibiotics from the pneumonia throughout june. july came in, and i went in to remove a cyst from the right ovary, and then 3 weeks later went in for a tah because the path report showed pre-cancer sex cells . my body is tired to say the least.

i know this is the right e-space to be in right now. there is a ton of information i need to look at here. thank you for creating this website! its going to be a godsend while i am recuperating.

- Susan (mgharway)
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:19 AM

iwaveatcows,

I had to resort to some Milk of Mag...have you tried that yet? Did the trick for me.

Hope you get some relief soon!
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:44 AM

I took some milk of mag last night...it really helped relieve the gas but still no BM! I'm having a hard time relaxing for it cause I'm scared of it! DH is gone to work now...at least I can sit without worrying that he needs our only bathroom!
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:35 PM

I finally went!!!! small but progress. And I was scared. Still putting benefiber in coffee, stool softener, and tons of water.
With the LAVH i have the three holes -- my left one is really sore comapred to the other two. Don't know if there is any significance or not.
Unread 08-03-2007, 01:07 PM

Relaxing is important. I think we're all a little scared of the first BM, but when I finally relaxed and let nature do it's thing, there was no pain or straining.

I had LAVH too, but I've got 4 'holes'. Inside the belly button, one on each side, and one at the pubic hair line. Wonder what the difference is with 3 vs 4? My left 'hole' is the sore one too....but mine is that way because there was endometriosis scraped off on that side.

I am feeling pretty good today. A little 'woozie' when I'm on my feet for too long, but it was nice to go outside and get fresh air again today. Hot outside though! Will go back out again this evening when it cools off. Not needing much in the way of pain meds either. Some ibuprophen did the trick.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register