Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Thread Tools
  #331  
Unread 08-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I am possitive that those of you who had TAH are taking longer to recover. I think it is the nature of the surgery. And if you put a blood transfusion on top of that, I can't even imagine.
I think that is why my Mom almost started crying when I first told her I was having a hysterectomy. She had TAH 20 some years ago and it was misserable for her. Take is easy ladies!
I do think Gardener has the right idea, if you can get outside for some fresh air and a change of scenery it might do you good. Maybe in the early morning or evening when it is cooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #332  
Unread 08-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I had my TAH BSO July 31. I am finally feeleing human again. I was so surprised as to how hard this was. I really thought that after a week I would be feeling pretty good. Boy I was wrong. I got to come home on Aug 2. The hospital stay was not all that fun. I had so many problems trying to use the restroom without the cathater. I had to have to cathater put in 3 times. Trying to convince th nurses that I had so much pressure from not being able to pee was almost impossible. They kept giving me malox saying it was gas. But I fianally convinced them otherwise, they put the cathater back in and then they could see I was right. The night of surgey was great, other than not getting any sleep. I had an epideral, which helped alot. But the next day I was very uncomfortable. When I fianlly got home, I thought I was doing great, but then I started having bladder problems again. SO Dr. prescriped some meds to help. I dont have the constant pressure anymore, which is great. But, when I do go pee, I get a really awful cramp, which feels like it is comming from the badder, Its been almost 2 weeks I would think this would be gone by now. Has anyone else had this problem?? Anyway, my DH has been wonderful. He would not leave my side in the Hospital. He has been wonderful at home too. This is the first day he would leave me by myself and I had to convince him that I was fine. I really though I would be off the pain pills by now, but I still need one or two a day. I am using the Climara .05mg patch. Does anyone have a suggestion on making it stay on? And where is the best place to put, so that it does stay on? Thank you for all the support!!! I really depended on this site to help me through
  #333  
Unread 08-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by gies898
I am using the Climara .05mg patch. Does anyone have a suggestion on making it stay on? And where is the best place to put, so that it does stay on? Thank you for all the support!!! I really depended on this site to help me through
I just asked my favorite pharmacist (DH) about your delima and he this is what he had to say.
1)They have heard that the generic is not as sticky as the name brand.
2)there is a different patch that is called a dot and it would be applied 2x's a week rather than once a week.
3)try putting it in a different spot that maybe doesn't get rubbed or isn't as sweaty. You probably already thought of that. But you can do lower back area or even your shoulder - back top of shoulder.
4) it is okay to use papertape to help keep it on.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #334  
Unread 08-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

my docs in his late 40's
  #335  
Unread 08-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I would have to say that mine is in his late 40's as well. I saw him at dinner the other night and he married a young, tiny little blonde! She is very cute. He came from Seattle area to work in our small town. I wonder why. humm
  #336  
Unread 08-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

My doctor has to be in his 60's He is totaly awesome, I have been going to him since I was 21 or so, now I am 55.
He is relaxed and very good at what he does, the nurses at the hospital all know him and have only the BEST things to say about him.
Reading this site, I assumed that my TAH would take 2 to 2 and a half hours, He did my surgery in a little less than an hour, my staples looked so clean I couldn't believe it!
  #337  
Unread 08-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallowchri
I just asked my favorite pharmacist (DH) about your delima and he this is what he had to say.
1)They have heard that the generic is not as sticky as the name brand.
2)there is a different patch that is called a dot and it would be applied 2x's a week rather than once a week.
3)try putting it in a different spot that maybe doesn't get rubbed or isn't as sweaty. You probably already thought of that. But you can do lower back area or even your shoulder - back top of shoulder.
4) it is okay to use papertape to help keep it on.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you marshmallowchri! I did get the name brand and I will ask about the Dot. The hospital put it on my shoulder and it stayed very well. But of course when it came time to change I put it on my butt it only stayed about 4 days now I am trying the tummy. IF not then will go back to the Shoulder.
Thanks again
  #338  
Unread 08-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

gies, He also said don't put it in the same place everytime because your skin will get irritated. If you do shoulder switch left, right, left, right, etc.
Or if tummy works then move it a little left or right each time.

He was just telling me a funny story - one lady washed her pants not realizing her patch came off and went right into the wash and it came out stuck on her DH's pants! He wore them all day neither of them realizing what had happened then freaked out when he realized at the end of the day.
  #339  
Unread 08-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Yikes! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!

He was just telling me a funny story - one lady washed her pants not realizing her patch came off and went right into the wash and it came out stuck on her DH's pants! He wore them all day neither of them realizing what had happened then freaked out when he realized at the end of the day. [/quote]
  #340  
Unread 08-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by gies898
I had my TAH BSO July 31. I am finally feeleing human again. I was so surprised as to how hard this was. I really thought that after a week I would be feeling pretty good. Boy I was wrong. I got to come home on Aug 2. The hospital stay was not all that fun. I had so many problems trying to use the restroom without the cathater. I had to have to cathater put in 3 times. Trying to convince th nurses that I had so much pressure from not being able to pee was almost impossible. They kept giving me malox saying it was gas. But I fianally convinced them otherwise, they put the cathater back in and then they could see I was right. The night of surgey was great, other than not getting any sleep. I had an epideral, which helped alot. But the next day I was very uncomfortable. When I fianlly got home, I thought I was doing great, but then I started having bladder problems again. SO Dr. prescriped some meds to help. I dont have the constant pressure anymore, which is great. But, when I do go pee, I get a really awful cramp, which feels like it is comming from the badder, Its been almost 2 weeks I would think this would be gone by now. Has anyone else had this problem?? Anyway, my DH has been wonderful. He would not leave my side in the Hospital. He has been wonderful at home too. This is the first day he would leave me by myself and I had to convince him that I was fine. I really though I would be off the pain pills by now, but I still need one or two a day. I am using the Climara .05mg patch. Does anyone have a suggestion on making it stay on? And where is the best place to put, so that it does stay on? Thank you for all the support!!! I really depended on this site to help me through
I too have been having bladder spasms. I can start to go just fine but mid stream I get a cutting spasm in the bladder that brings the flow to a trickle then I have pain trying to totally void my bladder. My Dr. said that I have been getting up and down and climbing the stairs too much, putting pressure on my pelvic muscles which in turn is causing my bladder to spasm. So off my feet I stay and the pain is getting somewhat better.

I too am having to take pain pills twice a day, once at about 1 or 2 in the afternoon after I'm just too tired of dealing wiht the pain and once when I go to bed at night so I cna totally relax and get a good nights sleep. But even with that I'm still only sleeping about 4 to 5 hours a night.
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
514 Replies, Last Reply 11-21-2017, Started By Princess Bea Well
2682 Replies, Last Reply 06-26-2014, Started By Princess Bea Well
795 Replies, Last Reply 12-25-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
537 Replies, Last Reply 11-01-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
559 Replies, Last Reply 05-30-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
364 Replies, Last Reply 03-06-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
657 Replies, Last Reply 09-16-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
339 Replies, Last Reply 05-04-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
305 Replies, Last Reply 01-31-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
311 Replies, Last Reply 01-29-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
504 Replies, Last Reply 12-20-2007, Started By huskerjen
442 Replies, Last Reply 06-13-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
483 Replies, Last Reply 05-06-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
277 Replies, Last Reply 04-29-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, HysterSisters Club House
20 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
5 Replies, The Road Less Traveled



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

July 13,2020

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  



Advertisement


Advertisement