Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveface
MollyPolly and other BSO sisters,
I had TAH/BSO, but for three months before surgery had to have Lupron injection to stop my periods for surgery. I had terrible hotflashes but in the hospital, my doctor gave me a hormone patch at the end of surgery....No more hot flashes!! I am using the patches for recovery and figure I will reserach alternatives after I feel better.
Are you still suffering from hotflashes? Will I ever be able to wear a sweater again? Fall clothes are so pretty, but some times just looking at the pictures of warm clothes makes me break into a sweat!
I actually did Zoladex injections too (Lupron's nicer cousin, LOL.) I'm also on Femara to hault any estrogen that's lingering around in there. I have been having hot flashes and night sweats for months now, but they're just second nature to me. I dealt with them when I was going through chemo before too. I guess they don't bother me that much anymore. I keep this awesome little lipstick fan in my purse and whip it out when I'm burning up. Oh, and calcium seems to calm the flashes for me (and helps my bones too!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslaugh3
My surgery was 8/1 but I am just now posting. The surgery was a little complicated because I had alot of adhesions and scar tissue. Doctor was only able to remove 1 ovary because could not find the other one. Just found out from a report mailed to me that I will need another surgery, probably to remove the other ovary. My post op appointment is 8/15.

Though my doctor prescribed HRT Vivelle dot, I am planning on using natural supplements for menopause symptoms. It took me 4 days to really get up and about. I am not driving yet but going out, and by end of day am really tired with back pain and discomfort, take a pain pill for this. I will be back to work on 8/16. I was not given any restrictions other than no shower for 48 hours and no heavy lifting for 1 week. I will start to drive on Monday.
Ahhh, I re-read this. You had your TAH in 2003. No wonder why you're able to work so soon. I was only out for 2 weeks with my first ovary removal too.

Good luck to you!
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:51 AM

MollyPolly - Thanks. You may be right. I cry for no reason sometimes!! I kept my ovaries and although I fought having to have this surgery for three years, until I had no other choice and then it was basically an emergency surgery. My hemoglobin got so low my brain wasn't functioning correctly (although I wonder sometimes if it ever has functioned correctly!). There were days when I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing. I even got lost a few times, because I could not remember where I was going!!! Maybe my hemoglobin is finally going up instead of down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 07:05 AM
12 days out

Slow to join the group, I'm now 12 days out from surgery on Aug 1. Went in expecting a laparoscopic myomectomy, came out with an SAH, a beautiful t shaped incision. Pain has been low, fatigue pretty complete. Have had lots of help from friends and family. Walked around the block yesterday and plan to add a bit every day. Have learned to lie on my back and use my laptop so can work a bit every day.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bea Well
If your hysterectomy was between Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. This thread is not for chit-chat. It is not a chatroom.
  • 3. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be closed at 8 weeks post-op.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:10 AM

Welcome bethg! Sounds like you're doing great in your recovery.
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener
Welcome bethg! Sounds like you're doing great in your recovery.
Thanks! It has been so helpful to "lurk" in the background of these conversations to get a sense of other people's experiences. Many many wise women in the world!
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:27 AM

Thank you for asking, Deneen. I'm doing better.

My daughter went to a shelter last night, so she will just be here for a few hours during the day. She says it's nice there - they just redid it and it has a nice play area for her boys and daycare and other resources. It's heartbreaking that it came to that, but at least it's some relief for everyone. I hope it will be a wake up call for her to make some better decisions!

Now, on to our own problems... lol We have been praying about it and are counting on God to show us where we should be and trying to have faith and not panic.

Just picture a movie with scenes of each of us having a good cry and getting weepy over things. It would be kind of funny. It's weird, because you know it's physical/chemical, but you still FEEL so sad or overwhelmed or whatever. I'm so glad you all are there to compare notes and support each other. Thanks!!!!!
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:34 AM

Moss - Ok you just made me cry!!! But you are so right. Hang in there, we are here for you.
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:51 AM

Hi, its been interesting to read all the posts (and time consuming!) I had the TAH/BSO on 3 Aug, lots of adhesions as well. Everything is going OK, the pain is bearable - still have backache but less than before the op and can do the stairs (my house is on 3 floors) without a problem, walking OK but not far. Worst is the pains (?gas) and severe cramps still when i need to go to the loo, or even just pass gas - am taking Dulcolax and hoping it will ease soon. Last couple of days have felt very tired. I was told no driving for 4-6 weeks, do absolutely nothing for 2 weeks and then build up gradually, also try and walk for 5 minutes each day and build up gradually so that by the end of 6 weeks i can be back to the daily 40 mins i usually do with the dog. am also doing the exercises shown by the physio in hospital.

nb - a chip sandwich is two slices of bread with french fries in the middle!
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:02 AM

Larlielloon -
Thanks for letting us know what a chip sandwich is - I guess my DD was right!
What exercises did the physio show you? I would love to know!! Basically I can't do anything for 2 weeks either and now I'm starting to see every piece of dirt in my house and it is driving me crazy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register