Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Don't worry about the weight - it's just fluids from the surgery. I had a failed ablation in January and went up 9 lbs. in one day from all the fluids they pumped into me. It dissipated in about a week. Had LSH on 8/1 and am up only 4 lbs. Go figure. Keep drinking water - it will flush your system and you'll feel better :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:23 PM

Finally had a small BM this morning and when I stood up I got real light headed so I am parking my sorry rear end into bed for a while today.
DH said the sena products work best for those of you still needing BM assistance.
I slept on and off last night.
I think my skin is weird from the oxygen mask. The skin is real dry on my nose and around my mouth. I have been putting lots of moisturizer on.

I tried only ibuprophen last night and woke up with pain in the abdomen so I ended up with hydro. Only took 1 though. Then at 10 a.m. I took another hydro and 2 ibuprophen. That seems to be keeping me comfortable.
Unread 08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm home...

Hi sisters,

I came home this morning, after 2 nights in the hospital. I can't believe how much pain I am in. My surgeon had to cut me vertically from my belly button to my pubic bone. I have 43 staples. Ouch.

I got up and peed 2 hours after they removed the catheter and have been on my own since. I haven't had a BM yet, but I haven't really eaten either. Food just doesn't look appetizing to me right now.

I just called my surgeon's office because I have been running a low-grade fever since I came home (100.7 was the highest) and they assured me that I am all right and a low-grade fever is normal after having such extensive surgery. They told me to keep taking my Motrin 800 and stay hydrated. I just ate some applesause and it was good, but my tummy still isn't right.

My shoulders and neck are killing me (side effect of anesthesia) and my back from laying in the hospital bed so much. It should be interesting sleeping in my bed tonight - or maybe the couch.

I'll write more when I'm less drowsy, but I hope you all are well.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 02:05 PM

It's so funny to think of another woman, sitting on another hospital toilet, praying to pee so she could go home! We must have been doing the same thing at the same time! Funny thing is, I am sure God answered my prayer. And yours? It's good to be home!
Unread 08-03-2007, 02:06 PM

Hi Lisa, I am so sorry that they had to be so rude to you! That is a huge inscision.
I was running a low grade fever and the nurse said it was because I was breathing so shallow. Did they tell you this? To fix it I had to take 10 deep breaths and on the 10th one, hold your belly firm with your hands and press gently then cough. Do this every so often. I didn't do much coughing since it hurt but I did breath deep after that. I didn't want her waking me up all night to breath and cough. Maybe that will help you. My temp went right back to normal after I did that a few times.

Feel better and get lots of rest. Are you taking anything for constipation?
Hang in there.
Unread 08-03-2007, 02:07 PM

I just had my first one (and then second soon after). I was very worried ab out pushing, too, so I sat there for quite a while and it was fine in the end. ha ha. But really, I've worried so much about every stage, and none of it has been all that bad.
Unread 08-03-2007, 02:16 PM

hi all
had my TVH on Tuesday at 12:30, woke up with lots of cramping, nurse was great and kept my pain under control. Went to my room about 4:30 and had a demerol pump, every 6 minutes, best thing in the world. pain wasnt bad at all. came home Wednesday morning, took cath out, and went to percocet. other than moving very slow, pain isnt to bad and just glad its done.
Nurse called with path results..had lots of scar tissue and adenomyosis.
good luck to you all and thanks for the support..best thing I ever have done!
Bren 41
TVH 7-31-07
Unread 08-03-2007, 02:20 PM

I had VH with A/P repair and sling on Tuesday. I had quite a bit of pain the first night, and had one nurse who was actually yelling at me and my husband about the pain meds. (all the other nurses were great. I don't know where she came from!) Was supposed to go home the next day, but doc had me stay since I couldn't empty bladder completely. Had to be re-catheterized and was totally depressed and overwhelmed to think of staying another night in the hospital, since it was very uncomfortable, noisy, etc.

I got to come home yesterday, though, and I was so happy! It's so nice to be in your own surroundings and see people you love and sleep in your own bed. I've had very little discomfort. One main thing is some nerve damage from surgical position so that my right buttock is very sore and I can't sit very comfortably. Doc says it will get better soon. I've worried a lot about every little step, but it's been ok! God is good.

I had my first bm today. I was very nervous and it took a while but was fine. I've been very worried about the whole process - each new development. It helps a lot to know what to expect from people on here, though.

I'm so grateful for the comfort of home!
Unread 08-03-2007, 03:46 PM

Wow to those who have already gotten their path. reports.

I am still awaiting the first BM and, yes, I am nervous about it. I had rectal bleeding from a hemorrhoid right before surgery, and got a very bad rash. Now I don't feel a thing from it, but I know something's gotta come out eventually.

Other than that I am doing well. I was worried about swollen ankles, but the dr's office said they put in extra fluid to try and keep new adhesions at bay. This fluid will start to be absorbed by the body 4 days afterwards (which means tomorrow, I guess).

I'm also sorry, Lisa, that you had a rude roommate. Your story reminded me to tell of my fun roommate, but I realized later that my story shouldn't have been told the way I did, as it could've made you feel worse. I'd rather you be feeling better and better, and I want to give you tons of well-wishes!!

Brenda
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Spoke with my dr's office today, good news, pathology reports all came back clean. They also removed several pelvic lymph nodes, all negative. No further treatment needed!

I have been taking stool softener (colace) twice a day to help along with the BM situation. Also sent hubby out for prune juice this morning. Drank several glasses of warmed juice, and finally got things moving early this afternoon. It did not hurt at all - actually felt much better afterwards. What a difference! I think a lot of my discomfort was bladder/bowel related. So those of you waiting for this milestone - try prune juice, and know that you will feel so much better!

I also had ovaries removed due to potential cancer concerns, and was immediately put on estrogen. Seems to have controlled any possible side effects - no hot flashes, night sweats, etc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register