Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by style214
Hi there! I am new here.. Had my LAVH on 08/02/07. Things have been pretty rough. I lost a lot of blood during surgery. Went home 2 days later. Ended up in ER with excruciating pain under my left incision that had been there from right after surgery, but thought it was normal. Lab showed nothing, CT scan showed nothing. I was put on an antibiotic and stronger pain pills. I did start feeling better, in fact yesterday felt great. I actually went for a small walk, today, BAM, down flat again, feeling like I am going to faint when I get up. This has been a whole lot harder than I expeted. I do have to see the glass half full instead of half empty, I know it will get better, and I know I will be glad I did this after everything is said and done. Just wanted to check in and meet others in the same boat.
Wow! Seems like you have had a rough couple of weeks. I really hope you start feeling better. I know I have a few GREAT days and then the next maybe horrible.

Try to remember on your great days not to over do it. Get plenty rest. Make sure you taking in plenty of liquids. I know everyone says water but if you, are like me and, don't like water at least get some liquids like juice or flavored water.

I know I am putting a hurt on some fruit juice. My boyfriend got on to me the other day because I am picky and only drink 100% juices and those are expensive.

Take care of yourself and make sure you are treating yourself well!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 05:08 PM

thanks brenda, i should have known that but i guess i'm just so tired of being messed with and taking meds that i thought i could ignore it & it would go away! i have a call in to the doctor right now.
diane
Unread 08-13-2007, 05:33 PM

hi Diane,
let me know what he says..hopefully all is ok..
also, how much really is to much. it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since my tvh and I went grocery shopping for the first time today, my dd came with me and she put everything heavy in cart and pushed and unloaded, then went with ds to buy college stuff for the dorm room, again he lifted all, but I am wiped out and sore, like a huge tired muscle im carrying in my pelvic area. should I be a little concerned if it even kind of hurts (discomfort) to walk?
any advice?
thanks girls! you are the best
Brenda
TVH 7-31-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 06:24 PM

brenda, the nurse called and said to alternate between Advil & Tylenol tonite and if the fever reaches 101.0 to call the doctor in the morning. Seems like i've heard before the magic # is 101. i also have done a grocery trip with DH doing all the lifting and pushing. i was wiped out when i got home! i have driven my son to band camp (1.5 mi.) and driven him out to Target (4 mi) to sell raffle tickets. i sat with him for one hour under a shade but out in the texas heat and came home pretty tired. my pain is mainly from gas. i had an incision in the belly-button, one down in my c-section scar and two little punctures on each side where the ovaries were. still, i think the pain level during the first week was very comparable to the c-sec pain i had 14 yrs ago when i delivered my twin boys. i know my DH will be glad when i get back on my game! he cooked up a killer batch of spagetti tonite for dinner but i've actually cooked several meals as well. this fever thing does have me feeling kind of crappy.
diane
7/31/07 total lap hysty
Unread 08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Left sided pain

Did anyone get brusing from the LVH with BSO? I had brusing which is getting better but now I have this left sided pain first I thought it was gas, bladder stuff but it is feels as though someone is pressing there all the time. I'm not sure if I should call my doctor. I havn't had pain pills for a few days trying not to take them Any help would be appreciated.
Unread 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9c
Hi Girls!

Not much has changed here! I'm still cathing and it's all over the place- I just peed more than I cathed- but every other time it's been the opposite. Looks like this will be going on for a while.

I did clean the bathroom and empty the dishwasher this morning and I think I over did it because now I'm hurting. But I am laying in bed and taking it easy the rest of the day!

The Gardener- Congrats on your pathology report!!!

MollyPolly - How are you doing? Do you still have a fever? I hope things are going better!

Moss and Heidi- How are you all doing??

Hope everyone continues to heal!
Take Care
Jennine
Hey Jennine, yes, I still have a fever, but it's lower. I KNOW it's from that icky cold sore that I got. Last night was rough. I was in bed so early and had weird dreams all night. Fevers do that to me.

I just got some weird pain a little while ago though. It feels like it's in my vagina but I can't really pinpoint the spot. I've had some spotting today too, and I haven't since that first day out of surgery, so I think things are just healing and hopefully shifting to where they belong, LOL. I'll confirm when I see the PA on Wednesday to have the remaining staples removed. OMG, I am SOOOOOO itchy! And we won't discuss the oozing from this incision (PA told me I would have some since she removed some staples.)

I can't believe you're still cathing, although I've noticed that when I pee now, I never really feel like I empty my bladder, if that makes sense? All of these changes to our bodies. Will we ever feel "normal" again?
Unread 08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
LOL @ all of us...

I'm reading our posts, and we all seem to have the same worries and concerns: are we doing too much too soon.

Every day, one of us pushes the envelope and then we're here asking everyone else, "did I do the wrong thing?"

Such commraderie! I think this group ROCKS!!!

Luv you all!!!
Unread 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM

I'm guilty of over doing, and then sitting pondering what I have done. Seems like we are all adjusting at our own pace. I'm glad I have you all by my virtual side. I am going to see the doc again next tuesday. I'm having hot flashes everynight and the discharge has me concerned. He will be back in the office in a week. The staff offered to get me in with the associate but I said I would wait, if I chance my mind it's still an option. ~Mandy
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:07 PM

I returned from the hospital 2 days after surgery...weighed the EXACT same as the morning I left for surgery....
However... a few days later I noticed I had lost 4 lbs....and it has stayed gone for a week now....
?????
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:14 AM

I had a horrible night that night, too, Molly! I woke up at 2:30 and started thinking of those trapped miners and got this horrible fear feeling that kept me up the rest of the night! Prayed a lot yesterday and focussed on some scriptures about not fearing, and last night I actually slept through from 9:30 to 5:30! That hasn't happened in a while! Yeaay! Thank you, God!

Since the surgery I have to lean three different directions while I'm peeing to empty the bladder completely. lol Strange but it works! It's the potty dance.

Mandy - I have the little spotting of pinkish/brownish stuff, too. The doc said to expect it from the stitches dissolving.

Heidi - you ok?

Tammy - 4 pounds sounds good to me!

We're doing fine, ladies, aren't we? We made it to 2 weeks post-op! Let's keep taking care of ourselves and not overdoing, like you all were saying. It's probably easy to do too much the better you feel, but maybe your insides still need a break for a while. Where did I read that you shouldn't lift over 8 pounds for 6 weeks?

Anyway, thanks for the companionship and caring!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register