Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren711
I think I mixed you up with someone who goes to the gym..sorry in advance!
Thats okay I should go to the gym but I can't bring myself to pay the fees. lol So I just walk. I have been walking 30 minutes every evening. I think, Iwaveatcows does the gym thing though.
I too am feeling way better than I thought I would! I imagined being in bed for a least a week and barely being able to make it to the bathroom and it was nothing like that. And I can honestly say that I am so glad I did it! I just pay that the rest of my days everything will be fine and nothing weird will pop up later.
Glad all is well
Back to work, maybe I will make more cards, that is healthier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 11:55 AM

I had my two week checkup yesterday, and other then the two hour wait, everything went very well. The doc checked the incisions and said that the path reports all came back negative, so that is good. Not just good, that is dang wonderful. I have been so worried.

I asked about restrictions till the next check up in a month and he said just no sex. Thats's it. He said he is amazed at how fast we gals bounce back. I need to just listen to my body and rest if I get tired, and not overdo. This is not the time to start digging ditches or remodeling the house. But otherwise I am FREE, FREE, FREE !!!

I had an hour and a half drive to get to the appt, and of course to get home. I went shopping at Costco and a couple of my other favorite haunts, and took dinner to DH and the guys. I must say that I was wiped when I got home. My legs felt like jello. I only brought in the cold stuff from the car, DH can get the rest today. I think I will milk the resting part for awhile. I only have my Dh around to help me, but he has been great for the most part.

I work at home so I have already done a few things, and I am so glad to get back to it. My job is pretty non stressful so I think I will be ok. I am just so happy to be feeling better and getting on with life.
Unread 08-15-2007, 01:15 PM

glad to hear that you got the "all clear" and you sound like you're on a high.
Contnue to improve and feel better and better.
Don't forget to pace yourself in terms of work and rest!
I have my checkup in another week and will hopefully get a green light too!
Hang in there everyone in various stages of recovery. Lets just get on with getting well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 01:42 PM

Hi Girls!

Wow! I'm amazed at what you girls are doing and how different everyone is!

I had an awful day yesterday- I got yelled at by the nurse for doing to much-I have red bleeding. So now I'm back in my pjs and taking it easy. I had to go to the hospital to get a urinalysis and I have a urinary infection- go figure when I stick something up me every 3 hours!! I am still cathing and my numbers seem to be getting worse- they started me on antibiotics yesterday, so hopefully things will get better!

I am surprised about how different doctors are! I was 2 weeks post-op yesterday and I had cleaned the bathroom- the nurse said I shouldn't reach, pull, push, or lift more than 4 pounds- I knew about the not lifting and no vacuuming, but no one told me about the other stuff. I feel like every time I call I've done something wrong. I had to call today because my last bm was 5 days ago. I have to do another Fleet Enema (I had to do one 7 days post-op for my first bm)- I have taken the stool softeners everyday- I don't understand this!! Thank you for letting me vent!!

I hope everyone is doing well- and take it easy! I don't know if it's because I had the anterior and posterior repairs that they are being so strict with me, but I can't believe people are moving furniture and I clean a bathroom (just wiped down things and washed the mirror- no scrubbing!) and bleed!

Take Care
Jennine
Unread 08-15-2007, 01:46 PM

Good Afternoon hystergals,

13th day post-op, took the dogs to the groomers by myself, then went to lunch with a friend (she drove, and yelled at me for taking the dogs), but I am ok. Just that one painful spot on the right side of my belly. The weight thing is weird. I too lost 8.5 lbs, but still have a swell belly. My clothes are looser too. My incision line feels creepy to touch. Like there is a plastic reinforcement plate in there. Hate it.
Hope you are all doing well
Cheryl, TAH/bso 8/2
Unread 08-15-2007, 02:02 PM

Hi Girls!
Jennine, I am so sorry that you are having so much trouble
I am sure the posterior repairs are effecting the bm's. I don't know how safe this is but I go through periods of that and I take 1/2 correctol or similar product once a day until things get better.
I just need to eat more fiber
I hope the antibiotics will help you get back on track as well.

Cheryl, you took the dogs to the groomers? DH will not let me even lead our little Bichon. If he only knew what I was doing when he is at work! lol What kind of dogs do you have? We found out about a Bengal kitten and we want it so very bad but DH is very apprehensive. She is too cute. She's on sale for about $350 because her eye was injured. But she's fine. oh well.

I am feeling great and can't wait for my appointment on Friday. I feel good enough to start working in 2 weeks but my coworker doesn't want me back til 6 weeks so I will have a little longer break and I like that idea. Sick days and 2 personal days will cover it just perfect.
Unread 08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

I love reading how everyone’s doing and feeling!!!!! It’s amazing how we each have some similar stuff – but - like Jennine said too I find it amazing at the different rules from different Dr.’s for some of the same stuff!

I hope and pray we all start feeling better and Jennine I can sympathize with the bowel movements – that’s been a rough one for me as well.

I’m not allowed to drive for 4 weeks – Aug. 27. I guess 2 weeks for the hysterectomy and 2 weeks for the bladder tuck they did. The Dr. said pretty much the same for me – LIFTING – being the BIG NO NO…….

AS to moving furniture – NO-WAY……Especially with a bladder tuck – they say if you do that the stuff will fall right back down………My surgery and healing has seemed fairly easy – BUT – I don’t wanna go thru it again! So those of you doing to much take it easy – as my friend told me try and enjoy this time of healing! It’s hard to slow down I know – I too am very active and have a hard time letting things go and letting other do for me!!!!

Last night my daughter had a Cheerleading Spirit Rally at our Mall – My mom drove us. I’m not sure if it was the walking, sitting, standing or all of the above but I am paying today! I have a major backache – I did check on the site – guess this is common for this stage of the game……I’ve taken 3 Advil and still no relief. I do know by the time the rally was over I had had enough and was ready to come home! I got home and slipped into my pj’s and watched TV with my hubby! I will tell ya one thing – it fixed my SLEEPING problem…….Haha!

One last thing – I’ve noticed weight has been mentioned. It’s kinda funny – I have lost 5lbs. since surgery. I’ve also noticed tho it seems to bounce up and down. One morning I’ll be up – the next morning I’ll be down.

OH and I don’t mean to ignore anyone – sometimes my response time may seem slow – we are on dial up and it sucks. Anyway sometimes my connection times are not good – especially being summer and kids are home and on the net that really slows things down for us OUTBACK in the HILLS COUNTRY FOLKS who still rely on dial-up……….

Take Care and Hope Everyone will be feeling better soon!

to all

Kimmie
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Setback today (Long and technical)

I had a setback today too.

Went to the PA to have the rest of my staples removed, and one spot was REALLY open after she removed the staple, so she had to PACK it, tape it up with gauze, and I have a ton of steri-strips on it. UGH. I STILL wasn't cleared to drive either. This is not how I thought my appointment would go today. I have to go back on Friday to get it re-packed, and I won't lie...it didn't feel good. It definitely hurt, and having those staples out didn't feel too hot either, after 2 weeks of skin growing on them.

The good news was my pathology. This is what it said:

A. Anterior aspect of the uterus, biopsy - Endometriosis

B. Uterus, cervix, right fallopian tube and ovary, total abdominal hysterectomy and right salpingo-oophorectomy (78 GMS)
~Cervix - focal erosioin with chronic inflammation and subepithelial hemmorage.
~Endocervix - Chronic nonspecif inflammation and focal squamous and tubal metaplasia
~Endometrium - Proliferative phase endometrium
~Myometrium - Adenomyosis involving more than half the thickness of the uterine wall.
~Uterine Serosa - Focal fibruous adhesions
~Right ovary - endometriosis; hemorrahagic corpus luteal cyst.
~Right Fallopian Tube - No specific pathology abnormality.
C. Bladder tumor #1 - Excision - Endometriosis involving smooth muscle.
D. Bladder tumor #2 - Endometriosis involving fibroadipose tissue and smooth muscle.

Frozen section and cytopathologic diagnosis:
A. Anterior aspect of the uterus - Endometriosis
B. Bladder tumor #1 - Frozen section - Endometriosis

The operative report basically says that my rectosigmoid was glued to the back of my uterus. My uterus was glue to the anterior wall of my abdomen and the bladder. The best part (being sarcastic, LOL) was that the tumor on my bladder went through the walls of my bladder, so in removing it, they weakened the walls of my bladder and had to repair it. Gotta love endometriosis.

So, I've been put back on an antibiotic and I have to basically do NOTHING, as not to open up these incisions further.

My problem is that I have nobody to drive me to my appointment on Friday morning. My mom has tapped out all of her personal time, and my sister is on a contract for the government and can't take the time either. It looks like I'm going to have to drive myself. I don't have much of a choice.

I was hoping to be further along in my recovery, but the truth of that matter is that I pushed myself too much, and now I'm paying for it.

Ladies, PLEASE take it easy! I'm begging you. Especially if you've had a vertical incision and TAH.

Happy healing!

Lisa
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM

MollyPolly - I am so sorry. Please take care of yourself and rest. Hopefully the drive to your Dr is not that long. Keeping you in my prayers.
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener
MollyPolly - I am so sorry. Please take care of yourself and rest. Hopefully the drive to your Dr is not that long. Keeping you in my prayers.
It's about 20 miles or so, each way, so not too bad. My concern is that my truck has a manual transmission, so there's a lot of footwork involved, but I have to do what I have to do. I'll be fine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register