Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey there

I hope I am in the right place. I've tried before and got it wrong. Anyway, I am new here. I will be 2 weeks postop tomorrow. It's been a rough, rough road!!!!!!! Extreme pain (antibiotic helped because nobody could find the reason for the pain), anemia, pain got better, but is back but not as bad (have been off antibiotic one day, now back on). Hope this get better. I was hoping to be able to go back to work part-time (doing hair) at around 4 weeks post op. Oh well, I will not push it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I had my hysterectomy 2 weeks ago this past Monday. I am finally not as depressed as I have been. I have been slowly getting out and taking very slow walks around the block.
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:51 PM

Hi Molly Polly!
I'm sorry to hear about your day. At least there's no cancer!!! I know you're happy about that! They haven't called with my path report yet, but I'm sure it's fine! Breast cancer is enough!
Take it easy!
Jennine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 03:56 PM

Welcome new folks!

Molly, I am sorry things aren't going better. If I was in your area I would drive ya but SC is a bit of a commute. Since your truck in manual perhaps you can switch cars with mom or sister for the day. At least, then it won't be such a rough trip.

Today has been a decent day for me. I am noticeing my pain is getting later and later in the afternoon. I take this as a good sign. Usually it hits around 2:30-3 in the afternoon. Didn't have it until about 5:30 today.

Doctor called yesterday said that my urine came back positive for UTI. Already figured that and the doctor had me on amoxicillion. Apparently I have the resistant to amoxicillion string. So started a new antibotic today. I am thinking, some of the pains I am having could be from my kidneys and bladder. Wouldn't be the first time a UTI went all the way up.

Pretty much doing good except for the exhaustion. I can't get over it. Whenever I start feeling good and think I am going to go do something it never gets done. I take my shower, get cleaned up and dressed and then I am too tired to do anything else. I had a LAVH I wouldn't think I would be so tired since it was less evasive.

I feel like such a wuss when I hear other people are out and about or working. I hope this ends soon. I would like to have some sort of life again.

Ok jumping off the pity-pot now.
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:00 PM

Hi Style...
I am new here also...and hoping I am in the right place. Sorry bout your pain. I have slowly weaned myself off my pain meds...I haven't even had any ibuprofen in 2 days ~smile~.
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:11 PM

I still feel good today, even after my trip to the city yesterday and my excursion to town this morning. My legs do feel like jello though. No pain in the areas you would think would hurt, but my bum and my legs are just wore out. The weird thing about my trip last night was that on the way home it felt like I was sitting on a seat made of concrete, instead of the nice cushy car seat I was actually sitting on. Even now, in the recliner my bum feels bruised. I know, TMI, sorry.

My DH is so sweet though. He told me that he didn't care if the doc cleared me totally, he wants me to rest today. It is nice to have someone that actually cares how you feel. Guess I'll keep him.
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi First Post For Me TAH on 7-30-07

Hi girls!
First i want to say I am so glad to have found this site. I have sat and read so many of your stories and it has helped me get through so much. I had a TAH on 7-30-07 and it has been a ride. I had to stay extra in hospital for low vitals and running temp. Then when got home had a severe reaction to the hormones they put me on. That was fun let me tell you. Now I am on 2 meds for a bladder infection from the catheter( that was messed up in the hospital). So right now I am just really hoping that having this done was for the best. I will be starting back to school on 8-20 and I am really nervous about that. So ladies again I am so thankful for finding this site for reading everyones stories gives me such hope. It is great to have others going through similar situation.
I wish everyone a great recovery and will keep all in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblerella
Welcome new folks!

Molly, I am sorry things aren't going better. If I was in your area I would drive ya but SC is a bit of a commute. Since your truck in manual perhaps you can switch cars with mom or sister for the day. At least, then it won't be such a rough trip.

Today has been a decent day for me. I am noticeing my pain is getting later and later in the afternoon. I take this as a good sign. Usually it hits around 2:30-3 in the afternoon. Didn't have it until about 5:30 today.

Doctor called yesterday said that my urine came back positive for UTI. Already figured that and the doctor had me on amoxicillion. Apparently I have the resistant to amoxicillion string. So started a new antibotic today. I am thinking, some of the pains I am having could be from my kidneys and bladder. Wouldn't be the first time a UTI went all the way up.

Pretty much doing good except for the exhaustion. I can't get over it. Whenever I start feeling good and think I am going to go do something it never gets done. I take my shower, get cleaned up and dressed and then I am too tired to do anything else. I had a LAVH I wouldn't think I would be so tired since it was less evasive.

I feel like such a wuss when I hear other people are out and about or working. I hope this ends soon. I would like to have some sort of life again.

Ok jumping off the pity-pot now.
LOL, yes, that's a hike. It's ok...I'll have to drive myself. I don't have a choice. Too bad I couldn't get a home nurse to come.
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Lisa, sounds like you might have been in pain before the surgery! Are you glad all those problems are behind you?
I hope all of you with infections feel better soon!
I am trying to take it easy and doing a pretty good job of it. I have tons of magazines that my mom keeps bringing me so I now have the organized, I just need to read them and get rid of them and then I will feel better
Going to rest and watch Fracture now. That was an interesting movie.
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9c
Hi Girls!

Wow! I'm amazed at what you girls are doing and how different everyone is!

I had an awful day yesterday- I got yelled at by the nurse for doing to much-I have red bleeding. So now I'm back in my pjs and taking it easy. I had to go to the hospital to get a urinalysis and I have a urinary infection- go figure when I stick something up me every 3 hours!! I am still cathing and my numbers seem to be getting worse- they started me on antibiotics yesterday, so hopefully things will get better!

I am surprised about how different doctors are! I was 2 weeks post-op yesterday and I had cleaned the bathroom- the nurse said I shouldn't reach, pull, push, or lift more than 4 pounds- I knew about the not lifting and no vacuuming, but no one told me about the other stuff. I feel like every time I call I've done something wrong. I had to call today because my last bm was 5 days ago. I have to do another Fleet Enema (I had to do one 7 days post-op for my first bm)- I have taken the stool softeners everyday- I don't understand this!! Thank you for letting me vent!!

I hope everyone is doing well- and take it easy! I don't know if it's because I had the anterior and posterior repairs that they are being so strict with me, but I can't believe people are moving furniture and I clean a bathroom (just wiped down things and washed the mirror- no scrubbing!) and bleed!

Take Care
Jennine
Jenine
Sounds like you're having a really rough time and coping with it amazingly well. Yuo must have the emotional strength of superwoman. Take it easy and I'm sending you loads of positive vibes to help you along.
hang in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register