Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-16-2007, 04:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I had my 2 wk check-up with my doctor yesterday, he says I am healing beautifully, everything looks great. He says all my pathology reports came back good. Five endometrial polyps all benign---now I feel better, relieved. He says I must now do kegel exercises and continue doing them to prevent my bladder and rectum from prolapsing too, says the pelvis muscles are all too worn out and must be kept busy or I will have to have more surgery. Certainly do not want that!

He adviced if I want to return to work, that I do it for only 1/2 days next week because it will exhaust me, no lifting at work and only with my own judgment at home for 6 more weeks.

He did find it fascinating that a shower takes my breath away. I can do dishes, make the bed, clean up the living room, water my flowers outside--anything and am fine, yet taking a shower winds me and I need a rest afterwards. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 05:01 AM

Here in UK was told very clearly do nothing for 2 weeks, then very little for next two - no bending, reaching etc etc, do not load or unload washing machine or dishwasher, do not lift heavy saucepans, sweep or vacuum and this is the standard for TAH - just a little light dusting is permitted! well i never did that before so not going to start now!!

I have been drinking peppermint tea - it was recommended in the hospital for gas pains and it has really helped - either that or they have diminished naturally but either way now much much better so I recommend it for anyone else still suffering.

Am making good progress now, belly is still swollen, haven't weighed myself (prefer not to know) and scar is a bit raw but very little pain and no meds. Have been out for coffee a couple of times and that has tired me out.

Not on HRT and still waiting for surgical menopause symptoms to strikebut nothing yet!!

Good luck everyone, and its lovely to look at all the places everyone comes from - like a geography lesson!
Unread 08-16-2007, 06:18 AM

I wonder when the surgical menopause symptoms will kick in? Anyone know?

Prior to surgery I was on prometrium but after surgery my Dr. took me off. I assume that stuff may stay in your system awhile.

So far I've had no symptoms either and I had everything removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallowchri
Lisa, sounds like you might have been in pain before the surgery! Are you glad all those problems are behind you?
I hope all of you with infections feel better soon!
I am trying to take it easy and doing a pretty good job of it. I have tons of magazines that my mom keeps bringing me so I now have the organized, I just need to read them and get rid of them and then I will feel better
Going to rest and watch Fracture now. That was an interesting movie.
Hi Heidi!

Yes, I've been in pain for years from the endo. Thank goodness it's gone! I'll be nursing this incision and laying low for the next week or so.

I hope you're feeling good these days!
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larlieloon
Here in UK was told very clearly do nothing for 2 weeks, then very little for next two - no bending, reaching etc etc, do not load or unload washing machine or dishwasher, do not lift heavy saucepans, sweep or vacuum and this is the standard for TAH - just a little light dusting is permitted! well i never did that before so not going to start now!!

I have been drinking peppermint tea - it was recommended in the hospital for gas pains and it has really helped - either that or they have diminished naturally but either way now much much better so I recommend it for anyone else still suffering.

Am making good progress now, belly is still swollen, haven't weighed myself (prefer not to know) and scar is a bit raw but very little pain and no meds. Have been out for coffee a couple of times and that has tired me out.

Not on HRT and still waiting for surgical menopause symptoms to strikebut nothing yet!!

Good luck everyone, and its lovely to look at all the places everyone comes from - like a geography lesson!
had surgery same day as larlieloon (2 weeks tomorrow) and generally feeling ok with emotional and physical ups and downs - not so easy to predict when and why they occur. I didn't get any specific instructions from my surgeon re lifting and activity etc. His only comment was "to do what I feel capable of doing.
In terms of advice and tips this site has been indispensable. Thank you to all those responsible contributors and organisers. You're all greatly appreciated!

Be well everyone...
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:17 AM

Good Morning Ladies:
Had my LAVH on Aug 6th and basicly worked from home all this time. I am at the office checking in today Feeling GREAT!!! No problems at all. Had the surgery at 12:45 Monday and was released Tuesday at 11:00 AM. Was happy to get that first meal in the hospital though. Have been eating regularly. The BM's were a little painful but getting better now. Am wearing my normal clothes, just not willing to do the full "business dress" thing for the office yet. I am still a recovering princess, I can have some things my way still.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and unlimited support. I am very grateful to have you all here.

Keep your chin up, it is definately worth it.
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Headaches Anyone???

Seems like since my surgery date I’ve had small annoying headaches – nothing major – they are just there. I bet they are prolly hormonal – but they are still annoying. I’ve taken some Tylenol they ease it but don’t get rid of them.

LATVH with Bladder Tuck and Mesh Sling on July 31, 2007
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Hi KimmieOH.
Are you drinking enough water? I noticed headaches too but that was when I stopped drinking a lot of water. Try that, it might help!!
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:51 AM

after 2 days of running a temp around 100, last night it went up to 101.4 so i called the doctor this a.m. he called in Levaquin (antibiotic) so i'll take that for 7 days and hope that where ever the infection is, this will take care of it. it has me feeling really zapped. just when i was starting to have nearly no pain and ready to start getting out more now i'm having cold chills and just feeling bad. i have plans to go back to work after my 3 week ck up next tuesday.
diane
LAVH 7/31/07
Unread 08-16-2007, 02:35 PM

Hi ladies. Today I'm 2 weeks post op & doing pretty well. I am a lot more tired than I used to be though & it's VERY hard to deal with. I have 3 young boys so there are a lot of thing I need to do for them. Does anyone know how musch I should be doing at this point? Can I grocery shop, vacuum, swim? i didn't get anything from the hospital saying when I can start doing things again??? Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register