Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I also had my 2 week post-op yesterday. All good news. The pathology report was interesting to hear. Didn't know I had that much wrong with me-but it was all benign, thankfully. Got the ok to drive, walk more and increase activity as I feel up to it. She confrimed that all the twinges, tenderness, swelling, moodiness and lack of energy are all normal parts of the recovery. She just said that we should use common sense and be mindful that we had major surgery. Abdominal surgeries take a long time to heal.

I've had a weepy week. I'm a teacher and it's really been hard for me to not be at my school for the in-service days (professional development, getting my room ready, planning with my teaching team...) and I know Monday will be even harder becuase it's the first day of school. It's the first time in 23 years that I haven't been immersed in back-to-school preparations. I have a wonderful teaching team and they will take care of my kids (kindergartners! ) and make sure the substitute has everything she needs, but it's not the same! I went up to school for an hour on Wednesday to direct the custodians as they moved the furniture to set up my room, and it wore me out (physically and emotionally). So logically I know that I'm no where near ready to teach all day, but it's still hard. I may have to take myself to the movies on Monday to keep myself from watching the clock and imagining what they're doing without me!

Thanks for listening! Laura

PS to Molly Polly: Hang in there. We're all pulling for you to get through this ASAP! Keep us posted and be careful when you drive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 07:55 PM

I am two weeks post op today! I feel really good, still staying down most of the time to get really healed. I have a bedside table full of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, B12 sublinguals and chocolate calcium chews for when I feel a need for chocolate but really need to have calcium! So I am feeling very healthy!
I hope to be up and running next weekend, doing an open house or two by then. I have my post op on Aug 27th, another week and a half from now. until then, I am trying to do as little as possible physically, that is not easy when you feel so good!
I do have some morning nausea, and some small pains more like twinges and an occasional gas pain, I think that is what they are, as they ususally hit when I am on the throne!!! They make me scream! but as soon as they almost make me fall off the pot, they are gone! Keeping the ice pack on most all day and night. Swelling is very minimal.
It sure has been great having all of you to go through this with!
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonershep
I also had my 2 week post-op yesterday. All good news. The pathology report was interesting to hear. Didn't know I had that much wrong with me-but it was all benign, thankfully. Got the ok to drive, walk more and increase activity as I feel up to it. She confrimed that all the twinges, tenderness, swelling, moodiness and lack of energy are all normal parts of the recovery. She just said that we should use common sense and be mindful that we had major surgery. Abdominal surgeries take a long time to heal.

I've had a weepy week. I'm a teacher and it's really been hard for me to not be at my school for the in-service days (professional development, getting my room ready, planning with my teaching team...) and I know Monday will be even harder becuase it's the first day of school. It's the first time in 23 years that I haven't been immersed in back-to-school preparations. I have a wonderful teaching team and they will take care of my kids (kindergartners! ) and make sure the substitute has everything she needs, but it's not the same! I went up to school for an hour on Wednesday to direct the custodians as they moved the furniture to set up my room, and it wore me out (physically and emotionally). So logically I know that I'm no where near ready to teach all day, but it's still hard. I may have to take myself to the movies on Monday to keep myself from watching the clock and imagining what they're doing without me!

Thanks for listening! Laura

PS to Molly Polly: Hang in there. We're all pulling for you to get through this ASAP! Keep us posted and be careful when you drive!
Thank you so much Laura! I'm so glad your pathology was benign! That's a huge weight lifted off your shoulders, I know! Hang in there...you'll be back in class in no time, wishing for another "mini vacation." LOL.

: Hug :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 11:40 PM

I hear you on those gas pains, some of them are doozies!

And, I forgot to reply earlier to a few comments on the swollen tummy "shelf" above the incision. I have it too, and since this is my second surgery, I do know that it eventually goes away...at least the first time! I sure hope mine gets flat again this time...
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:34 AM

wooo hoooo! Righty O on the gas pain comment! My goodness, I never knew gas could feel like that! The swollen tummy willl most likely go away, I had a pretty flat tummy going into this surgery, had a mini tummy tuck last year, and now I have about an inch or so of swelling just below my belly button almost to the hairline, it is a little like a water balloon look, certainly NOT what I had going in to surgery, so I anticipate it to be all back to normal in a month or so from now. I can fit into my jeans and am smaller at the waist line than the day before surgery!
I just swallowed a gas pill!
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Bad day

Just felt like moaning about my bad day today...apologies!!
Can't really make out why it happened. Got up and went for 30 minute slow walk, came back and ate breakfast then suddenly started to feel bad -weak, fast pulse and totally exhausted. Went to bed and ended up sleeping solidly for 2 hours. Woke up feeling not much better and have basically spent all day in bed dozing, reading and watching TV. Also suffering with BBB (badly behaving bowels) despite eating lots of fibre and drinking plenty. Am now trying a natural softener. I had been doing so well up till now and find it hard to believe that "the walk" caused it since I've been building up walking times very gradually over the last 2 weeks.
Will just log it up as "another hyst experience" and get on with getting well.
Thanks for lending me your ears... It helps!
Hope you're all looking after yourselves.
Molly Polly, are you feeling any better today?
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:16 AM

Hi Girls!

I'm feeling good today- I went to my dad's birthday party last night- came home exhausted, but I didn't do much! I slept until almost 11!!

Still cathing and now brownish discharge instead of red.

Heidi- I knew what you were talking about! I'm glad you got a good laugh- I was laughing at myself!! Hope you have a great trip!

Lisa- I'm so glad your sister was able to take you- I've been thinking about you! I hope your incision heal quickly- you deserve it after all you're going through!

Jazz- I think- It's hard to keep track of who says what!! I also had red bleeding and had a raw spot they had to put something on to stop it- they did an internal exam to find it (not fun!!). And I am still having discharge- especially in the morning when I first wake up. but now it's brownish.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 08-18-2007, 11:41 AM

Hello! Yesterday I was two weeks postop.Funny time doesn`t seem to be going very fast while I`m just laying there resting.LOL! My dr took out my staples & drain Wednesday but the best news was the cancer was contained.I have been doing very well but yesterday wasn`t a good day.I`m so glad I found this site & have all of you to talk to.
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimmer
Hello! Yesterday I was two weeks postop.Funny time doesn`t seem to be going very fast while I`m just laying there resting.LOL! My dr took out my staples & drain Wednesday but the best news was the cancer was contained.I have been doing very well but yesterday wasn`t a good day.I`m so glad I found this site & have all of you to talk to.
I know the feeling! I got the thumbs up to drive, but I'm too scared to get out there and do it, LOL.
Unread 08-18-2007, 01:10 PM

Hi Jennine!

I think about you a lot too! Must be that pesky breast cancer, huh? LOL. I can't wait for you to get off that catheter! I may even have to drive down so we can celebrate, LOL.

@ Post Hyst...I think sometimes we all feel like we're taking two steps forward, three steps back. When your body tells you to rest, you have to listen. We tend to forget that we just had MAJOR surgery. Not to mention, this is probably the last time in your life that you will have a valid reason for doing NOTHING, LOL. Hang in there!

As for the gas pains, I'm with you all on that one. They are BRUTAL! Hopefully they won't last too long! Ouch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register