Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Hi Chimmer!
You said your cancer was contained. I might have missed an earlier post, but what kind of cancer did they find? Do you know what you will have to do? MollyPolly and I are pros at fighting the breast cancer- we've both been through surgery, chemo and radiation. So let us know if you have any general questions we might be able to help you with. You saying it is contained seems like a great sign! I will keep you in my prayers!

MollyPolly- I think that must be it!! Where do you live in Maryland? We are planning a trip to New York in October- if you're close to 95 maybe we could try to meet for lunch or something- I would love to meet you also!

Take Care!
Jennine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9c
Hi Chimmer!
You said your cancer was contained. I might have missed an earlier post, but what kind of cancer did they find? Do you know what you will have to do? MollyPolly and I are pros at fighting the breast cancer- we've both been through surgery, chemo and radiation. So let us know if you have any general questions we might be able to help you with. You saying it is contained seems like a great sign! I will keep you in my prayers!

MollyPolly- I think that must be it!! Where do you live in Maryland? We are planning a trip to New York in October- if you're close to 95 maybe we could try to meet for lunch or something- I would love to meet you also!

Take Care!
Jennine
I would love that too! I'm right off of 95. Just let me know
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyEndo2004
I hear you on those gas pains, some of them are doozies!

And, I forgot to reply earlier to a few comments on the swollen tummy "shelf" above the incision. I have it too, and since this is my second surgery, I do know that it eventually goes away...at least the first time! I sure hope mine gets flat again this time...
Yes i have that shelf you have mentioned, i hope it does go away cos mine looks really ugly and one side is more shelflike than the other. Also have any of you noticed some sort of weird fluttering feelings in you tummy, i dont think its the bowels, it feels different from that, they started about 5 days ago
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 07:16 PM

Update: One of my associates canceled on me this morning, So, I had to dress and go hold an open house today from noon until about 4 30pm! Dress, heels, hose, the whole works! It is a nice Million dollar home, so it wasn't a bad place to hang out all day, but I did climb the stairs a few times. I am a little more swollen than I have been, but I have been mostly in bed on ice, where I am right now for the rest of the evening!
I was really planning to stay off of work for another week, darn it! But I had made a committment to the sellers, and it wasn't all that bad so far, I noticed a tiny bit of pinkish discharge when I got home, but nothing out of the ordinary for the past two weeks. Glad to hear we are all on the mend, I am very curious as to what I may feel like in the morning!!!
Unread 08-19-2007, 05:00 AM

I haven't posted in a while... I guess my life stuff is overshadowning my recovery stuff.

I had my 2 week post-op visit last Wed., and everything is fine. The doc says I can drive and do more activity, just be careful. He said not to stand for more than an hour, and to be very careful not to get constipated. I can go for half hour walks.

I've had insomnia off and on - doing lots of worrying when I wake up.

It's been helping me a lot to read all of your posts. Thanks, ladies!

I had my 48th birthday Friday. It definitely wasn't one of my better birthdays. Things are just hard right now and I don't have much support. Sorry I'm such a downer this morning. Thanks for letting me vent.
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:31 AM

My TAH was on 07/31. I spent 4 days in the hospital. Recovery seems to be taking forever. I'm antsy and tired all at the same time.

The most interesting part of the recovery has occurred after the swelling began to subside. The internal pain and twinges could be felt then. Even sitting seems to "bother" my insides! The other bothersome side effect to the surgery has been numbness in my upper left leg. It actually makes walking difficult. The Dr. said it will go away. I'm still waiting, 3 wks later for a change!

Family and friend support has been phenomenal. I don't think I could have done it without them.

Good luck to my fellow Sisters.

Pam
Unread 08-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Moss - Happy Birthday at little late. My birthday was the day after I got home from the hospital, not a great one either. Glad to hear that your 1st post-op visit was good news. Things will get better. I go for my for my 1st post-op tomorrow. Wish me luck, my 15 yr. old DD is driving me!!! My blood pressure and heart rate should be up by the time I get there!

Yesterday I felt pretty good. Some of my pains are going away; however, today I'm very light-headed. Thought I was going to pass out in the shower. It was the same symptoms I had when I was having my period and my hemoglobin levels were dropping so fast. Guess this is just another thing I'll have to tell my Dr.
Unread 08-19-2007, 12:12 PM

hi all ..Moss Happy Birthday! I have to ask, did you have a TVH? I had mine on the 31st of july and last night was my aunts 60th birthday party and I did some dancing..maybe not a wise choice...stood for more than an hour, and Im so sore today..why cant we stand for more than an hour? going on 3 weeks Tues..feeling ok..just have a bunch of twinges this morning......I keep forgetting what A long recovery this is....sometimes I wish I had a TAH that way I would rest more..not seeing doc till the 29th..that will be my first visit..
brenda
tvh 7/31/07
adenomyosis
failed ablation 1/06
Unread 08-19-2007, 01:11 PM

brenn711....i had a LAVH 7/31 and i too am wondering why its taking so darned long to feel good! my dr insisted doing the laporascopic method was such a quicker recovery but i still feel all kinds of twinges, and aching inside much more than i would have thought. i had very small incision down on my c-sec scar, one below belly button and two very small ones on each side down low. i feel like i can't hardly do anything without paying for it later. i have that really heavy feeling like the bottom is gonna drop out after i do anything. i go tues for my 3 wk ck up and have been planning on going back to my desk job after that. it'll probably have to be half days for a while at this rate!
diane
48 yrs old
Unread 08-19-2007, 01:23 PM

hi Diane
thanks for responding! yes, it does feel like the bottom is dropping out! I guess 6-8 weeks in to this we will feel alot better! I guess as "women" we try to do more than we should, all the time! if we were men going through this we would still be on the couch getting waited on all the time! I guess we cant rush things..but we do. hope you feel better soon!

Brenda
tvh 7-31-07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register