Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Thread Tools
  #521  
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

OI! Walking the whole Biltmore House with a 7 year old was not one of my better plans.

Friday we drove 3 hours to NC to pick up my daughter (who lives with my mother). We then drove another 2 1/2 hours to Asheville, NC. I was still doing well.
Saturday we got up early, got breakfast and headed to the Biltmore Estate. We did the whole house, skipped the gardens and went to the Farm area of the estate. After that we walked through the winery. By Saturday night was SO TIRED!

Sunday we got up and went back to see the Gardens at the Estate. Then we drove down the parkway to see Mt Mitchell. So that was about an hour. Then we drove back to my parents to drop off my daughter and went on back home. About 7-8 hours in the car.

Last night I was feeling it. I feel like someone is stabbing right though my belly button. I have regressed to my "little old woman" walking. My whole stomach area feels about the way it did around 2 or 3 days after surgery.

I am guessing, I over did it? Percocet is my friend again, unfortunately.

I was amazed when my boyfriend said this morning. "Why don't you see if you can sleep a lot today? If you aren't feeling better by tomorrow, call the doctor." This is coming from the Hater of Doctors. He hardly ever wants me to call the doctor. I think when he saw I had tears last night he knew the pain was kicking my behind....or abdomen to be more accurate.

I would have thought I would have slept a lot more last night or this morning. I am having nightmares so I finally decided just to get up for a little bit. I'd rather have the pain than dream about the pain and have my imagination going crazy with it.

I hate to say it, but I am glad to see I am not the only one that had a LAVH and feels like I am slowly progressing. I guess I thought it would feel right by now. I had no reason to think that but I did.

Everyone else I am glad you are still moving along, no matter what the pace.

Sorry for being whiney today. I will get over it, eventually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #522  
Unread 08-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by bren711
your absolutly correct ...1 perc for a fun time! feeling ok today..is it normal to have more "brown" come down the pike when your losing stitches??

Brenda
41
tvh 7/31/07
I believe it is (even pink), not only when the stitches are dissolving, but when you've possibly overdone things a bit.
  #523  
Unread 08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblerella
OI! Walking the whole Biltmore House with a 7 year old was not one of my better plans.

Friday we drove 3 hours to NC to pick up my daughter (who lives with my mother). We then drove another 2 1/2 hours to Asheville, NC. I was still doing well.
Saturday we got up early, got breakfast and headed to the Biltmore Estate. We did the whole house, skipped the gardens and went to the Farm area of the estate. After that we walked through the winery. By Saturday night was SO TIRED!

Sunday we got up and went back to see the Gardens at the Estate. Then we drove down the parkway to see Mt Mitchell. So that was about an hour. Then we drove back to my parents to drop off my daughter and went on back home. About 7-8 hours in the car.

Last night I was feeling it. I feel like someone is stabbing right though my belly button. I have regressed to my "little old woman" walking. My whole stomach area feels about the way it did around 2 or 3 days after surgery.

I am guessing, I over did it? Percocet is my friend again, unfortunately.

I was amazed when my boyfriend said this morning. "Why don't you see if you can sleep a lot today? If you aren't feeling better by tomorrow, call the doctor." This is coming from the Hater of Doctors. He hardly ever wants me to call the doctor. I think when he saw I had tears last night he knew the pain was kicking my behind....or abdomen to be more accurate.

I would have thought I would have slept a lot more last night or this morning. I am having nightmares so I finally decided just to get up for a little bit. I'd rather have the pain than dream about the pain and have my imagination going crazy with it.

I hate to say it, but I am glad to see I am not the only one that had a LAVH and feels like I am slowly progressing. I guess I thought it would feel right by now. I had no reason to think that but I did.

Everyone else I am glad you are still moving along, no matter what the pace.

Sorry for being whiney today. I will get over it, eventually.
Awww Chani, I'm sorry you're in pain today. Hopefully after a full day's rest, you will feel as good as you did a few days ago. Enjoy your down time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #524  
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyPolly
Awww Chani, I'm sorry you're in pain today. Hopefully after a full day's rest, you will feel as good as you did a few days ago. Enjoy your down time!

Thanks Molly. I have been laying on the couch watching movies. It is helping. I guess I have learned my lesson about being to quick to jump back into normal life.

I, too, am having discharge, mine is a yellowy-orange-pink. (TMI?) Had me somewhat nervous until I saw other people referring to it. Noticed it was upped a bit from this weekend. I guess just another sign to take it easy for a few days.

  #525  
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

thanks Molly...I think its time I unwind and relax...time to put in a movie and just STOP doing things..
I think I will call the doc just to see how much "brown" is allowed..
Brenda
41
tvh 7-31-07
  #526  
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Hi Jennine! No you didn`t miss an earlier post.I just found this site just before my surgery.In June I had a D&C with ablation.When I went back two weeks later for the results my obgyn told me I had uterine cancer.My obgyn told me hes not a specialist so he referred me to a specialist who did my surgery.Chim
  #527  
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

tomorrow is 3 wks since my LAVH. i have mail ordered my HRT (Estratest FS) but it hasnt arrived yet. i am starting to have more episodes of feeling flushed/hot and really feel for the most part tired with a slight headache. are all of you already taking HRT? it's my fault i havent got my pills yet cause i was trying to save $$$$ by mail ordering! hopefully they will come today.
diane
48 yrs old
south texas
  #528  
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Hi Girls!

Not much has changed- feeling good. I started back homeschooling the kids(7 and 9) Wednesday of last week (2 Weeks and 1 Day after surgery). I am feeling good, and have to stay around the house anyway- I might as well get some school in! They are very good about it also- we sleep late - get started around 10 and finish up between 1 and 2. I can sit at the kitchen table to do most of our work and the kids bring me my laptop so I can sit in the recliner.

I am still cathing. Things are looking a little better- I am cathing less than I am voiding. But I'm still cathing more than I'm supposed to. But things are moving in the right direction.

MollyPolly- we need to exchange Email so we can make a plan to meet- I think there is a way to do private messages, but I don't know how.

Take Care!
Jennine
  #529  
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Hi, this is my first post.
I had a LSH on July 30..today is 3 weeks.
I had fibroids the size of a 4 and a half month pregnancy. I am so happy the procedure is over.
My issue is that my surgeon (who is incredible) put me off work for only 2 weeks. i have a very demanding job. Near the end of the 2 weeks I knew I could not return to work, I was able to get 2 more weeks. I would have to go back to work next monday the 22.
I still do not have the energy to go back, yet I tremendous pressure from the MD and am not sure if he will give me another 2 weeks off. I am meeting with him on Wed.
Is this normal for a lap? He said most all women he had done a lap on could return to work in 2 weeks.
Hope I don't sound whiney, but would like to know from others who have had a lap how they are feeling at the 3 week point.
  #530  
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by chimmer
Hi Jennine! No you didn`t miss an earlier post.I just found this site just before my surgery.In June I had a D&C with ablation.When I went back two weeks later for the results my obgyn told me I had uterine cancer.My obgyn told me hes not a specialist so he referred me to a specialist who did my surgery.Chim

Hi Chim-

I'm sorry about the cancer- do you have to do anything besides the surgery. I don't know anything about uterine cancer. Good luck with everything and I am keeping you in my prayers!
Take Care
Jennine
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
514 Replies, Last Reply 11-21-2017, Started By Princess Bea Well
2682 Replies, Last Reply 06-26-2014, Started By Princess Bea Well
795 Replies, Last Reply 12-25-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
537 Replies, Last Reply 11-01-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
559 Replies, Last Reply 05-30-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
364 Replies, Last Reply 03-06-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
657 Replies, Last Reply 09-16-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
339 Replies, Last Reply 05-04-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
305 Replies, Last Reply 01-31-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
311 Replies, Last Reply 01-29-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
504 Replies, Last Reply 12-20-2007, Started By huskerjen
442 Replies, Last Reply 06-13-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
483 Replies, Last Reply 05-06-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
277 Replies, Last Reply 04-29-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, HysterSisters Club House
20 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
5 Replies, The Road Less Traveled



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

July 31,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  



Advertisement


Advertisement