Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Ps..I've had that discharge too! It started last week and lasted for several days. Itchy and burning too. I treated with vagisil and that helped..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 01:09 PM

First, to Moss and Gardener! You both should have said something earlier!

I hope everyone else is doing okay...sorry I am so bad at responding to all of the posts, I get the slacker award I think for this post-surgery group.

I am feeling good today. DH is on a business trip this week, and it's kind of a relief. He's being a typical guy and is pining for some lovin' since I am feeling so well. Of course, we can't really have that until 6 weeks, but I did cave and help him out a bit , and now he is being a pest, hoping for more!

Anyone else have my problem?
Unread 08-20-2007, 02:41 PM

Hi all,
Today is 3 weeks since my surgery. I am finally starting to feel pretty good. Just have take sit, stand and walk a little slower than I usually do. I just have a question...did any of you experience any bruising? On my left side of my stomach (above my scar) I bruised terribly....and am still bruised. Is this normal? I go to see my Doc on the 29th of this month and if I am still bruised then....I will definitely check with him.

Hope you all are feeling well,
Stacy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 04:58 PM

I'm new here. Had a TAH w/lymphadnectomy for uterine cancer on 8/2. I haven't used any pain meds because everything makes me nauseous. But other than my bladder, I really have not had much pain. The bladder things is bugging me though. Doc said it is a uti from the catheter, but I've had them before and it doesn't feel like one. My appetite is great but my eyes are much bigger than my stomach. Don't know anyone in my situation, so this website is wonderful.
Unread 08-20-2007, 06:31 PM

I had what the dr thought was a UTI just a couple days post op too, I did not have any bladder repair, but a TAH, I took about 10 days of antibiotics, and then got that Thrush, my tongue was filled with white blister looking formations, so they gave me the two pill yeast infection cure.
I too had a pretty deep pain, it did NOT feel like other UTI's I had had in the past either, but after the antibiotics and about 10 days of loads of rest, i have no more bladder issues at all, ever.
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:26 PM

Amy - Thanks for the birthday wish! And no you don't get the slacker award!!

swlcsw - I had my LSH on 08/02/07 and went today for my first post-op. My Dr told me that normally with an LSH it takes 3-4 months to 'completely heal.' He also said with an LAVH it takes 5-6 months. He had me not doing anything (homebound) for two weeks and won't let me go back to work for six weeks. I'm still having some bladder and colon spasms, and am still sore inside. You might want to explain your work situation in great detail to your Dr that may help. Good Luck!

I did have a great 1st post-op. My hemoglobin is up from 7 to 9.1!!! And I'm off of house arrest. My Dr. said that I can start gradually doing stuff; however, still no vacuuming or sweeping for another two weeks. He also said that by the time I go back to work I am not limited with my travel, since I do travel alot. However, he still has me limited with how much weight I can pick up. He did move it from 10 pounds to 25, so I can pick up my cat, but not my puppy (she weighs almost 40)!! I can't pick up anything more than 25 pounds until December, so I plan to start using my BlowFlex then. And the best news of all is that I've lost 9 pounds!
Unread 08-20-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9c
Hi Girls!

Not much has changed- feeling good. I started back homeschooling the kids(7 and 9) Wednesday of last week (2 Weeks and 1 Day after surgery). I am feeling good, and have to stay around the house anyway- I might as well get some school in! They are very good about it also- we sleep late - get started around 10 and finish up between 1 and 2. I can sit at the kitchen table to do most of our work and the kids bring me my laptop so I can sit in the recliner.

I am still cathing. Things are looking a little better- I am cathing less than I am voiding. But I'm still cathing more than I'm supposed to. But things are moving in the right direction.

MollyPolly- we need to exchange Email so we can make a plan to meet- I think there is a way to do private messages, but I don't know how.

Take Care!
Jennine
Jennine, LOL, I know how to message you, so I'll do that, or you can just email me at [email protected]

We're a mess! You're still cathing and my incision is opening up in 2 more spots. UGH! I will be so glad when all of this is over!
Unread 08-20-2007, 10:25 PM

Hi this is my frist post I had a LAVH on july 31 so it's been three weeks and I am still in a lot of pain the DR said that I should be fine and to take some IBprofan but I just don't feel right.
Unread 08-20-2007, 10:36 PM

LOL Deneen, I think I lost at least 4 pounds from the cyst and uterus removal, but it is hard to know what I'll weigh after the swelly belly goes down!

Today I went to the grocery store for more cranberry juice (trying to prevent a UTI, so far so good). Boy, it was hard to push the basket! I was walking slowly like the octogenarians there! Maybe it wasn't the best idea, but it felt great to buy the food and beverages I've been craving. It's mostly good stuff like yogurt, juice, crystal light, tea, but some snacks too.

Hugs to everyone, especially those enduring complications (Molly, Jennine, ktys, those with bruises, draining, all the joys of post-op...)

Welcome mitzifier!!!
Unread 08-21-2007, 01:21 AM

Hi Girls,
Just letting you all know that I made it back home. I am tired but we had a great time in the Seattle area. Lots of walking each day which was good because I have put on a few lbs since this surgery. I felt great though!
Glad to see that you all are still here and doing okay and that there are some new faces.
Hang in there ladies, it is a new week! woohoo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register