Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren711
Molly..have you had any discomfort in the 3 week mark..I have almost a cramp like feeling..I dont want to rush and call docs..has anyone have those after a TVH?? still having alot of "Brown"..such a lovely color....TMI!!!!!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by blondetoast
Hi,

I am 3 weeks post op hysterectomy for uterine cancer. Just wondering if anyone has this feeling that one side hurts more than the other. My incision has healed well but my right side stills pulls a lot especially when getting out of bed. Plus I feel pressure when I get up in the morning like I have been holding my urine for days. Can't wait to get to the bathroom . Anyone else having anything like this.?

This is just a reminder that this Recovery Progress thread isn't a place to ask questions about your recovery. You need to start a NEW thread in the Post Op forum for questions. Below is Princess Bea Well's initial post on this thread:

Quote:
If your hysterectomy was between Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. This thread is not for chit-chat. It is not a chatroom.
  • 3. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be closed at 8 weeks post-op.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 03:17 PM

I finished my Cipro for the uti and don't feel any differently. Same bladder pain but not quite as bad, so I just think it must be post-op pain.
Unread 08-22-2007, 04:16 PM

It probably is, but you might call and have a chat with your surgeon, to see if they might have done something, like had to move it or hold it to the side out of the way or something during the procedure. It may be bruised or something.
If you believe in homeopathics, you can ask your doctor if its ok to take Arnica Montana, you can google it to learn more, and take the tiny sugary pills to see if that helps they are good for any trauma, swelling and bruising, I have used it in pill and gel form putting on my swelly belly twice a day. I used it post op for my tummy tuck last year too, but if your bladder was bruised somehow, it might take a while, but your surgeon would know if this is normal, plus, sometimes it takes two different antibiotics to take care of it, so I advise you to phone the dr, and at least tell the nurse you are still in pain and try to describe it and ask if that is common. I had a TAH and have no pain at all now, not even when I sneeze. I had a slight bladder infection in the first few days post op too, but after the anitB, it was no longer painful. I did not have any bladder work done, but I sure did have a lot of bladder pressure just prior to the surgery and was fearful that I might have done damage by the large fibroids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzifier
I finished my Cipro for the uti and don't feel any differently. Same bladder pain but not quite as bad, so I just think it must be post-op pain.
Hi mitzifier,
My TAH was on August 2nd too. I thought my bladder problems. rather mild I must say. was a symptom from the catheter I had for 36 hours after surgery. After an unscheduled check up last week, my gyno tested my urine, and lo and behold, I did have a light bladder infection, which is very common after surgery. I recommend you have your urine checked... no need to suffer needlessly.
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akilegna
Hi mitzifier,
My TVH was on August 2nd too. I thought my bladder problems. rather mild I must say. was a symptom from the catheter I had for 36 hours after surgery. After an unscheduled check up last week, my gyno tested my urine, and lo and behold, I did have a light bladder infection, which is very common after surgery. I recommend you have your urine checked... no need to suffer needlessly.
good luck and healing
Unread 08-23-2007, 01:28 AM

Today I drove myself to lunch, bought a CD and some books, and walked the dogs. DH is still on business trip...but I am doing okay. The swelly belly is better, but I have a headache.

That's all for today! Goodnight...
Unread 08-23-2007, 10:29 AM

thanks ladies. I will call the nurse and see what she thinks, and I will check out the Arnica Montana. Other than the bladder I feel better everyday. Bored but better
Unread 08-23-2007, 10:43 AM

Today is my 3rd week out. I am finally getting some energy back, but still sluggish. I tend to over do it on my weekends and then take the whole week to recover. This weekend looks like it’s not going to be much different.

I am still having some of the "cramps" I was having before my surgery. I think it might be my ovary. I called the doctor last Thursday and they said if it was still bad Friday to give them a call. It was not good Friday but by the time I got out of bed the office was closed. They close at noon on Fridays. So I just dealt with it. I am still having them off and on this week but not like last Thursday. I really think it is menstrual cramps (from my ovaries).

I'm starting to wish I had just let the doctor take them when I had my surgery. I was more afraid of menopause though. I keep thinking I am only 30 with the maturity level of a 21 year old. I am not ready for that. After this past week I am starting to rethink that thought.

Everything else seems to be going pretty good. I am still having aches and pains but I am sure that is natural. I finally stopped taking the pain pills on Monday night. I still have a few for the over active days on the weekends though.

I guess that is really all that is going on with me.

Oh! And I am driving again. WooHOO!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 08-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Chani
I just called the Doc yesterday about these "cramps" I hate them! I said why are they cramps..theres no uterus! they said if I get a fever then I need to see him, but I was wondering the same thing..why? the nurse never said why we get them..did you call your doc? anyone else having cramps 3rd week into this?
Energy is ok..somedays I feel like I could clean the whole house, then I drop..just cant do it. taking naps, and trying to really be good about recovering...

Brenda
tvh 7-31-07
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:08 PM

I finished a good cry and probably will cry more when my DH gets home. On Monday my Dr told me I could drive and gradually build up over the next three weeks, but driving hurts!!! If I go over a bump or especially railroad tracks it feels like someone is stabbing a burning knife into my incisions. Tonight I had to take my DD to get a bookbag for school and then to soccer practice. When I got home, I sat in my car and cried, because it hurt and because I feel that my recovery is taking too long. I know my Dr said I would continue to have pain until one day I notice that there is no pain. He said within in the next three to four weeks that day will come. But it is frustrating!!!!

Yesterday I drove to the store to get some vitamin E cream for my scars. I was gone a total of 45 minutes and when I got home I was so exhausted, I took an hour and a half nap.

Then I read that some of the ladies are traveling and I feel like a wimp!!! I guess I have to remember that we all heal differently. I also have to keep reminding myself that my hemoglobin is still not normal, thus the reason for the tired feeling and the light-headedness when I stand up.

Sorry for the downer, but I had to vent. Thanks for listening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register