Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

i went back to work on tues (3 weeks post-op). i have a desk job but do alot of walking and getting up and down from my desk. i also have been taking the stairs up and down instead of the elevator. yesterday i started spotting just a very slight amt of pink. this evening its a little bit more than yesterday. i havent called the dr but am thinking its probably not a big deal, just that i've been more active since tuesday. have any of you got an answer to this question from your doctor? how much is o.k.? no brown....just pink.
diane
48 yrs
LAVH 7/31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2007, 05:21 PM

I would think you are doing much way to soon..stairs? thats alot of pressure on our "areas" since the inside isnt even healed yet.. I would say call the Doc because pink isnt good, brown is..

Brenda
tvh
7-31-07
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM

I too am now 3 weeks post op and have my good days and bad ones.
I feel like a lot of you ladies, I just want to feel good again. I know it takes awhile to recover but of course my patience is short. I took my dog for a short walk tonight and it believe me it was short and came home and plopped down on the couch and thought, "well isn't this the pits!! LOL

I am driving also and have noticed every bump in the road. Never knew there were so many. I still have a pain in the right side but they tell me it will disappear too. The doctor told me some spotting was okay but no heavy bleeding I have been lucky and haven't seen any of either.

But I am thankful that they caught it early and am looking forward to the day when I can say. "Wow, I really feel good today."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2007, 06:43 PM

thanks brenda....i'll try to behave myself and see if it stops. its very, very slight. sometimes not even enough to see on tissue. sadly, i have a horrible phobia of elevators and thats why i take the stairs. (i was stuck years ago in an elevator for 25 min. because a construction worker drilled into the main power source of the bldg and it killed electricity. the electrical smoke filled the elevator shaft and i really thought i was history!) unfortunately, my office is on the 4th floor! so i took stairs really slow and cautious and it didnt seem to pull or hurt anything but yep.......now i'm spotting! dang it....
diane
Unread 08-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren711
Chani
I just called the Doc yesterday about these "cramps" I hate them! I said why are they cramps..theres no uterus! they said if I get a fever then I need to see him, but I was wondering the same thing..why? the nurse never said why we get them..did you call your doc? anyone else having cramps 3rd week into this?
Energy is ok..somedays I feel like I could clean the whole house, then I drop..just cant do it. taking naps, and trying to really be good about recovering...

Brenda
tvh 7-31-07
I'm having cramps, and today, while watching TV, I got a shooting stabbing pain where my right ovary USED to be. It didn't last but a few seconds, so I'm sure it's part of the healing process. I remember having the same pains when my left ovary was removed back in January. But yes, I'm having cramps sometimes too, and I have NOTHING left in there. It's the big black hole! LOL
Unread 08-23-2007, 07:56 PM

3 weeks post op, I have been having a little more pain above the bladder area. I had stopped taking pain meds and had to start again 2 days ago, anyone know if this is normal? I think I may have overdone it in week 2 but have been really taking it easy last few days. No bleeding or anything. I have a hard time with pain meds on the emotional level. I feel I should not need it at this point, is my thinking wrong on this? Did go to Walmart last night for 1/2 hr in wheelchair..Had to get out of the house! Any comments would be appreciated. One thing the constant fatigue is finally leaving. I go for check up next week, cant wait!
Unread 08-23-2007, 08:56 PM

Hi Girls!

I am feeling good. I just got a call from the doctor's office and I do have a slight infection. She said I didn't need the antibiotics unless I was feeling something- but I didn't feel anything with the first UTI, so I said I would rather be safe than sorry. Thank goodness I did, because not long after I spoke to her, I started burning. I started antibiotics this evening.

Deneen- I hope you feel better. I don't have the pain issues, but I am still cathing every 3 hours for the 23rd day, so I understand the frustration! I hope you feel better and know we're here to listen!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 08-23-2007, 09:10 PM

Hi,

I am so glad someone mentiioned the cramps. I just got off the phone with the gyn resident because I can hardly stand up with the cramp on my right side. He told me that it could be scar tissue and that can happen. He told me if I need more pain med to call them. If I don't feel better tommorrow I should be seen. If this is part of the healing they can keep it .
Unread 08-24-2007, 12:38 AM

Today, slept a lot and still have a headache. Slow day I guess!
Didn't sleep that well last night, so I wonder if it's my low hormone replacement. On the plus side, the horrible acne I had prior to surgery is gone! My hormones must have been out of whack as the cyst grew and messed up my ovary.

Gardener, you are doing great...my dad had a fall once that made him bleed internally, and that made him feel so bad and weak, I am sure that is why you are feeling so wiped. I find my swelly belly band to be very nice when driving, chilled and soft. I also have a 3/4 length "backpacking" therma-rest air matress that is great for cushioning those road bumps. You might be able to find an air seat matress like that or even one at magellan's online or other travel supply catalog (I know they make air cushions for airplane flights). But road bumps are more of a problem for me than anything else still.

Hugs and well wishes to everyone! Hopefully I'll be more up to writing tomorrow, I am just kind of wiped.
Unread 08-24-2007, 06:23 AM

I agree....these cramps really stink! feels like a period all over again, what a nightmare......anyone know how long they stick around for? after all the ibuprofen I will need a new liver!

Brenda
tvh
7-31-07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register