Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-24-2007, 06:50 AM
christina1075

I have also had these mystery cramps that seem to have no reason. It's really quite annoying. I thought that after the surgery the cramps would be gone! LOL!

I am going to call my doctor today for that and because I'm having a lot of discharge. I never did have any spotting just increasing discharge and now cramps.

Christi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Jennine and Amy - Thanks for the encouragement! I think I will look into getting one of those cushions.

I did have another cry when my DH got home. I am so thankful that he is understanding. He reminded me that my Dr said it would take a while. I guess I'm just ready for ALL of the pain to go away. I did decide that I'm not leaving the house today. No driving or riding until tomorrow. My youngest DS and I are making my first trip to the grocery store. He promised that he would put all of the groceries in the car for me and take them out when we get home and he's only 8!

Moss - How are you doing? Did you have any problems after your puppy jumped on you?
Unread 08-24-2007, 09:29 AM

Hey everyone..

When I called the doctor about the cramps last week the nurse said "Your body is still trying to figure out what to do. The first month is the worse."

I did tell her that that is the reason I had the surgery to begin with. My cycle was every 19-20 days and I was cramping about 3 weeks out of the month. I am still having some of it but I keep thinking I will just hold on until the next cycle really reves up. I really want to go see the doctor exactly during the worse cramping time so perhaps they can see what it is doing during that time. I know that cysts (which I had during pregnacy and went away) and other things can go down doing different parts of the month. I know it is hard to diagnose something after the worse of the symptoms are gone.

I guess my biggest complaint today.. is I WANT SEX! This has been the longest three weeks and I still have another three weeks to go. I have almost always had a very healthy sex drive and it is still going. My boyfriend and I have discussed it and he is so understanding. He is taking this all better than I originally thought he would. It still doesn't change the fact... I want sex now.

Don't worry, I know better than do anything stupid. I don't want to hurt myself and wait longer to heal. I am just gonna grin and bear for another 3 weeks.

I know we all have our good days and bad days. Yesterday was lucky for me. I had a pretty good day. Except for the part when I broke down and cried over a $11 check. I have to just laugh about that now. I even wore jeans for the first time since my LAVH. After about two hours they hurt like Hades though. I even got some retail therapy in yesterday so that was wonderful. I really hope everyone is doing well during this LOOOOooooong Recovery.

Take care and lots of s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
3 weeks today

Hey everyone
Hope you're all doing well. The last 3 days I've been walkng on the treadmill at the gym. Yesterday had quite a bit of pain afterward but rested and it eased up a bit. Feel the need to do something physical. Have been trying everything for my sluggish bowels but without great success. It's really getting me down and the heavy bloated big belly is sooo uncomfortable.
My regular back pain which disappeared miraculously for 2 whole weeks after surgery has come back to stay. I thought I could claim a small miracle but no such luck!!
Went for my post op check last eve. Drove for more than an hour only to find the surgery in darkness ! Waited for 15 mins trying to contact the doc but gave up and came home again! Had been waiting for this checkup as you can imagine and the whole thing put me in a very black mood. His secretary phoned today apologising for forgetting to notify me that he'd cancelled his reception yesterday!! As yet I don't have another appointment. Will get on to them next week.
Sorry to be such a bag of misery. I really have no good excuse for these little things getting me down because my recovery so far has really been very uneventful and believe me I am grateful for that.
Be well everyone...
Unread 08-24-2007, 12:21 PM

Hi, all. It's only 3 wks. today and the past 2 mornings have had upset stomach that went away later in day. Only using ibu. 600 about twice day. Almost sleeping thru night if didn't have to pee around 3am. Feeling small am't deep pain most of the time with twinges but assume this is the healing process. PO apt this wk. dr. said no exercising, sex till she sees me in 1 month. I can drive but haven't. DH has taken me to Cold Stone, groc. store, mall, movie- we saw Rush Hr. 3, can't bounce over the mtn. yet to church as the ruts in road seem too risky. I had full tummy tuck also so I am swollen but not really swelly belly. My incision is longer than hip to hip but appears to be healing well. I have a new belly button since the old one was cut away and my skin is stretched tight. I wasn't fluffy but just had loose skin from childbirth. That is all gone now.
Had alot of pain before hyst. from 18cm. fibroids pressing on sciatic nerve. Except for a couple times of slight throbbing that pain is compltely gone! Very thankful to God as I didn't know how to live the rest of my life-I am 50 with constant pain. Gyn. said there is still inner swelling even tho the uterus is gone so expect swelling to subside by 3 mo. Hope all are well. God bless!
Unread 08-24-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by post hyst
Hey everyone
Hope you're all doing well. The last 3 days I've been walkng on the treadmill at the gym. Yesterday had quite a bit of pain afterward but rested and it eased up a bit. Feel the need to do something physical. Have been trying everything for my sluggish bowels but without great success. It's really getting me down and the heavy bloated big belly is sooo uncomfortable.
My regular back pain which disappeared miraculously for 2 whole weeks after surgery has come back to stay. I thought I could claim a small miracle but no such luck!!
Went for my post op check last eve. Drove for more than an hour only to find the surgery in darkness ! Waited for 15 mins trying to contact the doc but gave up and came home again! Had been waiting for this checkup as you can imagine and the whole thing put me in a very black mood. His secretary phoned today apologising for forgetting to notify me that he'd cancelled his reception yesterday!! As yet I don't have another appointment. Will get on to them next week.
Sorry to be such a bag of misery. I really have no good excuse for these little things getting me down because my recovery so far has really been very uneventful and believe me I am grateful for that.
Be well everyone...
I think most of us have been up and down emotionally, so don't feel like a bag of misery. Keep thinking that this takes time. And hopefully all of us will look back on those days that we were depressed and crying for reasons we have no idea, and laugh about it.
Unread 08-24-2007, 12:29 PM

skinny, thanks for the update! I had had a mini tuck almost exactly one year prior to my hyster, and the scar had just recently faded to almost invisible, the dr used the same scare to cut for the TAH but it is a bit shorter I think, it too is almost completely healed... sure does not look like I had major surgery three weeks ago today.

You were smart to have the surgerys at the same time, you will be feeling so great in about 3 months!
I have only a very tiny amount of swelling now, maybe looks like an half to three quarters of an inch only below my belly button to the cut, just a tiny bit poofy there. I am living with a gel ice pack on my about 18 to 20 hours a day! And using Arnica Montana gel to help reduce the swelling.
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Setback #2

Today wasn't a good day. I went to see my surgeon's associate (another surgeon in his practice) about this opened incision. I was figuring that he was going to tell me that everything was looking great, and I no longer had to pack the incision. WRONG!

He got out the gauze and peroxide and cleaned it up, and then started rubbing off the top layer of skin. He said it was dead skin (there was some technical name for it, but I was gritting my teeth too much to pay attention.) It hurt like H-E-Double hockey sticks!!!

Then I directed him to another spot where the scab was really gooey and had him take a look. Again with the gauze and peroxide, and he says, "Oh, you may have an infection pocket." I'm thinking, "Oh GREAT!"

After more careful examination, he said there was no infection, but put me BACK on penicillin for another 14 days, and told me to start packing the wounds again.

Unfortunately, I only have a little bit of the Aquacel left, so I will be wet-to-dry packing these 2 for a while. UGH! What a bummer! I really was thinking everything was getting better, and now I have TWO wounds to nurse.

And it hit 108 degrees here in Maryland today, with humidity around 95%. It's HOT!!! After I left my doctor's office, I went to Wal-Mart to get more gauze, tape, etc. etc. and then ran to the dollar store for a few things for my sister's shower. Needless to say, I feel like I ran a marathon, so now I'm going to lay down for a while.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday! Stay cool!!!

Lisa
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener
I think most of us have been up and down emotionally, so don't feel like a bag of misery. Keep thinking that this takes time. And hopefully all of us will look back on those days that we were depressed and crying for reasons we have no idea, and laugh about it.
I'm having major bowel issues too! I always had IBS, but I'm taking two stool softeners every night, and Fibersure in my water in the morning, and I'm still constipated!

And my back is killing me as well. The hysterectomy checkpoint for weeks 3 and 4 says that a lot of women complain about back pain, so I guess we're not alone!

Here's to happy poopin'.
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:18 PM

It's been a bit since I posted. I guess my recovery is moving along steadily and uneventfully. I have a few twinges and pains, but nothing that ibuprophen can't handle. I am tired of the swelly belly and can't even think about putting jeans on! I

I survived the first week of school without being in my classroom. Several tearful jags, but my class is in the hands of a good substitute and my teaching team is amazing-they are taking care of all the lesson plans, etc. I shouldn't be complaining, but it's hard for me not to be involved. I know that I don't have the energy to be with 5 year olds yet, so I am resting up to return in 2 weeks.

A few shout-outs:
Molly Polly: We haven't heard from you in awhile. How are your opened incisions healing up and have you tried driving?

ktys: How do you use the Arnica Montana gel? Do you just apply it to your incision? I'm open to try anything to help with this swelling! I also rotate ice gel packs through out the day, and go to bed with one at night.

Bubblerella: While you can't have intercourse for a few weeks, you can still have intimacy and make love. I asked my doctor at my 2 week check. She said that orgasms that do not involve anything in the vagina are ok. You can help each other out, but you can't have intercourse.

I hope everyone has a restful, relaxing weekend. Don't try to do too much!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register