Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Ok call me a wimp, but after Wednesday's driving incident, I'm scared to death to drive again. I just could not drive to grocery store today, so I called my mother! She took me and my DS to the store and then she and my DS brought all of the groceries inside. She also put the majority of them away for me. She also had to fuss at me about my weight loss, but I assured her that I am eating.

I am having some back pain today, which is something I've never had before. The pain is not enough to make me want to take anything for it, though. My real concern is that I've got stitches sticking out of my incisions. I might call my Dr on Monday to see if this is normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 04:24 PM

Not to worry, I had the back pain often this week, and I also have some stitches poking out! There is one on the right side at the end of the incision that is poking straight out, but it's mostly encased in the incision, so if I fiddle with it, it won't come out and I just make the area red. It is very annoying!
They are supposed to dissolve in time, so I am not worried.

Today I feel pretty decent, and I have reduced my pain meds again, mostly just ibuprofen and now I can go 8 hours or more if overnight. So, that is my main news.

Hugs and good wishes to all!
Unread 08-25-2007, 06:57 PM

Amy - Thanks! I feel better now. I was starting to think it might be my fault, since I started using vitamin E cream on my incisions (trying to help with the scarring). I think I'm going to stop the vitamin E cream until the stitches are completely gone. I did take some Tylenol for my back pain and got my oldest DS to give me a back massage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Hi Girls!
Things are going pretty good- I am hoping to be able to stop cathing soon. My numbers are getting close- I am soooo tired of cathing and measuring!!!

I am on antibiotics for a second UTI- big surprise!! I had some red bleeding, but I think it's from my stitches that are on the outside. I have to clean before cathing and I think I might just be irritating that area.

Other than that, I'm doing great! I am not in pain, I don't have the swelly belly, I've lost at least 5 pounds (but I gained 15 last year with chemo- lost about 5 before the hysterectomy so I was still up 10 from my normal weight), I can wear my old clothes- actually they're big! So if I could get rid of the UTI and the cath and have normal BMs I think I'd be back to normal!!

MollyPolly- I am so sorry you are having all the problems with your incisions. How are you feeling otherwise? You are in my prayers!

Deneen- I was having lower back pain with constipation- when I saw the doctor last week, she put me on Miralax daily with the stool softeners- it is helping some.

I hope everyone is healing!

Take Care!!
Jennine
Unread 08-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Jennine - I'm sorry you have another UTI. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with you still having to cath. Hopefully all of that will be over soon for you.

My back pain is not in the lower back, but actually starts from just below my shoulder blades up. I may have pulled a muscle reaching on the top shelves at the grocery store!!! A possibility, since my exercise lately has been very limited.
Unread 08-26-2007, 01:00 PM

Good Afternoon Sisters!

I haven't posted in this thread since right after my visit to the castle, but....I am an idiot and figured I would share my story.
When I came home, I felt good. After a few days I had the usual BM issues but other than that, the pain was minimal and I really didn't need painkillers. Well.....two and a half weeks went by and I was on top of the world. Incisions healing great, mood was great, physically I wasn't too tired and the hot flashes/night sweats are managable. I got cocky and did exactly what I wasn't supposed to do. I drove to my boyfriends vacation home (100 miles away) and for three days I cooked, cleaned and snuggled and then I drove home. Guess what? I'm in so much pain that I am sick to my stomach and I can't rest unless it is in the fetal position. I am not posting this for sympathy by any means, just as a forewarning to the other princesses on here that feel great and are amazed at just how quickly they are healing. I got a HUGE reminder that I had major surgery and my stupidity probably set me back in my recovery.
I hope that all of you will be smarter than me when it comes to recognizing when enough is enough and I wish you all a speedy (and comfortable) recovery. Those of you that are having set backs, my thoughts are most certainly with you too. Be well.
Kelly
Unread 08-26-2007, 02:16 PM
great reminder

Thanks so much for this reminder. Though I'm not stuck in the fetal position, I am today paying for several days of longer walks, shopping, laundry and missing naps. Today I'm sore sore sore (including my back for the first time) and all I want to do is sleep.

The moral of the story is exactly as Kelly said, take it easy easy easy so you don't come crashing to a stop!

Back to my knitting, a very safe pasttime for the afternoon.

Beth
Unread 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Hi, everyone, just checking in. It seems this week was not as good as the one before...just more tired and weird twinges in my swelly belly, and that dang headache. My neck has a crick in it too...I think I am needing a good workout for my neck (running always got the circulation going and helped neckaches). But, I can't do more than walk, ugh.
Here's to hoping this week is better!

Unread 08-26-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbymonique
I'm in so much pain that I am sick to my stomach and I can't rest unless it is in the fetal position. I am not posting this for sympathy by any means, just as a forewarning to the other princesses on here that feel great and are amazed at just how quickly they are healing. I got a HUGE reminder that I had major surgery and my stupidity probably set me back in my recovery.
If you are in so much pain that you are sick to your stomach, you need to call your doctor. While it could be caused by doing too much, don't assume. Check it out with your doctor.

I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 08-26-2007, 05:07 PM

Hi all,
Just a quick update on my progress at 3 weeks recovery, sorry to hear some of you are have problems. Well i must say i'm feeling pretty ok, no problems with insicion, it seems to have healed really well, pain, very minimal, the only problem i do have is pains in butt area when i go for a pee, im not at all constipated, it feels like a painful pressure, thats the only way i can describe it and it has nothing to do with the bladder, so other than that im ok. Still waiting for my appointment to come through for my check up. Anyway i hope you all heal and get better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register