Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 63 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktys
I am not sure if you also read the poltice of two parts tumeric to one part salt, make a paste and spred over the swelling, you can also add some powdered ginger to that. I would avoid the incision if it is at all open, plaster that on, maybe cover it with a piece of old cotton tee shirt and put your feet up and rest for an hour or longer.
Dandelion leaf tea is good too if you have other fluid retention in your ankles or places. And the enzyme Bromalain is supposed to help too, it is sold as a digestive enzyme and found in raw pineapple.
I wore a surgical garment almost twenty four hours a day until two days ago, I have only about a half maybe three quarters of an inch of swell just below my belly button and just a bit above my scar now.
Ktys- Ok, I am so sick of this swelly belly that I am trying your tricks! I am using the Arnica Montana gel and pills, I had fresh pineapple for dinner and I'm always with my ice/gel pack! What kind of surgical garment did you wear? Do you mix the 2 parts tumeric and 1 part salt with water to make the paste? Have you tried it? Just regular table salt? How thick did you put it on, and then did you shower to get it off? So many questions, sorry!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. If anyone is returning to work tomorrow...take it easy and let people help you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 06:31 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this wonderful site and I am hoping that we can help each other through this "wonderful' time. I had LSH (taking both ovaries) on 8-17-07 and ablation, D&C, and biopsy on 4-27-07. For the past two weeks or so I have had some pain a few inches below my left breast that comes and goes (and didn't have it previous to the hyst), anyone else had this? Also, I don't want to sound wimpy but I still can't wear zippered pants. I know that LSH should have a really short recovery time but really now - it will soon be six weeks and I am still getting really tired and still can't wear so many of my clothes. I haven't been able to do much of anything. I teach high school and went back to work last Monday - I was exhausted every day! Any encouraging words would be welcomed.
Unread 08-26-2007, 07:37 PM

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update- still cathing, no more bleeding, still not in pain, but taking it easy.

Kelly- I'm sorry you're in so much pain- I hope things get better soon! Keep us posted!

Deneen- I hope your back is better!

Mylittle- I hope things get better soon for you!

MollyPolly- Where are you?? Hope things are going okay- how are your incisions?

Take Care!
Jennine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 10:39 PM

OMG! I am SO glad I am being SOOOO careful! I have only gone to an open house and mostly sat while there! And had dinner out, both of which were short meals!
I have not lifted a finger to clean one thing around my house, and I don't intend to! I am SO glad you shared that story, sorry you broke all the rules and are now paying the price.
Is your BF there to take care of YOU now? I hope he is and that he drives you straight to the ER where you really need to go. If not please call 911 and get someone to help you get to the ER.
Pain that makes you double up, fetal is dangerous, I know I was a Paramedic! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE go see the doctor tonight.
WE will all worry ourselves sick about you, and let us know that you are OK!
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm still hurting, and am actually more uncomfortable since my last visit with the doc, when he scraped these open wounds. OUCH!

My best friend called me Saturday morning at 8 am crying. Her brother died. He was only 38. The coroner thinks it was an overdose (he's been battling addictions ever since I can remember.) So, on Wednesday, I will be driving the 7 hours home to Rhode Island for his wake/funeral.

My family is worried about me driving all that way alone. I will run it by my doctor before I go (since I'll need a wound check anyway, but I HAVE been cleared to drive.) I'm not worried...I know I'll be fine.

I can't imagine not being there for her. When her father died (ironically on the same exact day as her brother, 7 years earlier) I couldn't attend the services because I had literally started a new job the day before, so there's no way I'm not going to support her and my "other family" right now.

I'll be staying with my uncle in my grandmother's house, which brings back the warmest memories for me. I miss her dearly. And he got 2 new kittens yesterday, so that will be fun too. I love baby animals, LOL.

So, if I'm MIA for a few days, that's why. I leave around 7 am on Wednesday and I'll be back Saturday, so everyone be well and take it slow! I'll miss you!

Oh, and can I say that my incision is driving me nuts!!! It's so itchy (which I know is good, but sheesh!) It's begging to be scratched right now as I type this, LOL. Don't worry, I'm not scratching!

Luv you guys!!!
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:58 PM

Thanks to everyone for the kind, caring words. My pain is now managable since I didn't do anything today. Hopefully I can get a few hours of shut eye tonight but if I feel bad again tomorrow, I will be sure to call the doctor in the morning. You are all a godsend.
Unread 08-26-2007, 11:00 PM

GOOD GOLLY MS MOLLY!!! Read the above post and consider flying to your friends house!
Be sure to tell you Doctor what you are doing (7hours drive) and funeral/wake.... You won't be resting, you will be giving support.

I imagine you badly want to go, but check with the doctor so you are not curled up in the fetal position like the post above!!!

I DO have a suggestion for you, since I just took about a 30 min drive and noticed how every tiny crack in the road is felt in MY insides! Go to a Costco or a Temperputic (sp?) store and buy a foam piece to sit on, its that space foam stuff, I have a mattress pad of about 2 inches on my king size bed and pillow made of the stuff, it might really help to cushion you on the road, something like that or an inflatable life ring or something to cushion you. I am not sure what would be the best, but I know you will hurt from the bouncing of the car on the road..... that worries me. That is a long drive. Do be careful, fly if you can....
I am sorry you have to go through this but I do understand needing and wanting to be there with your friend at this time.
Unread 08-26-2007, 11:11 PM

Awww, don't worry about me! I have driven more and more, and believe it or not, I don't feel any bumps in my Jeep. I'm taking my tummy pillow just in case. I definitely won't fly. I don't fly. I haven't flown since my honeymoon in 2000, LOL. I HATE to fly. The drive really isn't that bad at all, and I don't see the difference between being in a car for 7 hours or sitting on my sofa for 7 hours, except I'll be forced to sit more still in the car, LOL. I'm arriving early enough so that I can take a nap before the wake, and then I'll be going back to my grandmother's house. The funeral is early (9 am) on Thursday, and after that, it will all be "chill time."

I promise, if the doc says "NO WAY!", I won't go. She will totally understand, but I don't think it will be a problem at all. I'll keep you posted when I call in the morning. Oh, it IS morning.

P.S. My laptop died. I have no idea what happened. I know that I changed my Myspace layout, so I'm assuming that some kind of virus got past my McAfee and fried my hard drive. It's done for! I'm using the desktop which I HATE! I think I NEED this trip out of Maryland, to say the least, LOL.

Nitey nite Ktys, and thanks again AbbyMonique for the message. Wish we were well enough to hit Foxwoods! *Giggle*
Unread 08-26-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonershep
Ktys- Ok, I am so sick of this swelly belly that I am trying your tricks! I am using the Arnica Montana gel and pills, I had fresh pineapple for dinner and I'm always with my ice/gel pack! What kind of surgical garment did you wear? Do you mix the 2 parts tumeric and 1 part salt with water to make the paste? Have you tried it? Just regular table salt? How thick did you put it on, and then did you shower to get it off? So many questions, sorry!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. If anyone is returning to work tomorrow...take it easy and let people help you!
Yes it is 2 parts tumeric to 1 part salt and add some water or probably better yet, stir in the Arnica gel!!! spread it lightly and if you can just leave it on, of maybe cover it with a piece of cotton like from an old tee shirt, and the top if off with your ice gel pack, and read a book! you can wipe it off or shower, whatever fits your schedule.

I did not do the tumeric thing as of yet, but honest to God, I have so little swelling, it is maybe three quarter of an inch only a small amount, I know there are many women who would love to have a stomach that looks like mine does now, three weeks post op! But I have been a dedicated good girl and almost ONE with my ice gel pack and my bed for nearly three weeks!

I did use the Arnica inside and out since coming home.
Unread 08-26-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktys
I have so little swelling, it is maybe three quarter of an inch only a small amount, I know there are many women who would love to have a stomach that looks like mine does now, three weeks post op!
I'm jealous! My stomach has a scar from bellybutton to pubic bone, 2 open wounds, and lots of swelling still. You're so lucky!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register