Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

You are Awesome J-!!! That is so wonderful! take in plenty of vitamins and minerals now, best to take minerals at bedtime.... or drink those Energy C powders a few a day in your water. You will gain your energy and strength back.

Did I remember to tell you that my Dr said yesterday "those fibroids were doing a number on you woman!" I am not sure what that means but they must really rob you of iron and nutrients because I am feeling better every day!
Take care of you now, we are almost on the other side of recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Hi Ladies. I'm going on 4 weeks post op this coming Thursday. I still have a good amount of rectal pain. It feels like sharp spasams that REALLY hurt. My bladder is still spazzing a lot too. Anyone else having this pain? What can you do to releave it?? Other than that I feel like I'm recovering pretty well. Doing a lot of things that I shouldn't but can't help it. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!!
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:03 PM

I say rest...... it helps everything! DID you have repair work done besides your hyster?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM

Jennine- I am so happy for you! I couldn't imagine recovery with having to cath everytime I needed to go to the bathroom. Celebrate with some cranberry juice! Youn deserve the Patience Award!

Molly - Be careful not to over do it. You need to find a computer somewhere this weekend and tell us how you are doing. Take a cooler in the car with some ziplocks full of ice for your belly. ktys has me hooked on the ice packs! Very comforting and cooling in this heat.

Bubble: You are NOT a wimp! Hang in there. Tomorrow will be better.

Gardener- I am right where you are tonight! I ran some errands early this morning and thought I was doing great-no ibuprophen all day, and tonight I am feeling wiped out and achy. My belly is still so swollen and I'm trying ktys's tricks (except the salt/tumeric paste...maybe tomorrow!)

ktys- Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your positive support and reminders to everyone.

Everyone else: DO NOT overdo it! A lot of us will be going back to work in 2 weeks and we need to rest up and get ourselves physically and mentally ready for it.

I'm so thankful for this site and the opportunity to share this experience with people who really understand what we are going through.

I hope everyone has a good night's sleep tonight. I think I'll treat myself to an Advil pm or two. Have any of you "tummy sleepers" had any luck sleeping that way? I'm still too scared, but I sleep on my side now!
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:47 PM

Soonershep- I pushed myself the last few days too, but doing ok, none the less. Got home after previewing three large homes and lunch today to venture downstairs to my teenage daughters room, WHAT a mess! I had to clean her bathroom and bring up about a dozen dirty towels and two bags of recycle cans and plastics and one big bag of garbage! Two trays full of dirty dishes! I swear she just kept bringing food down there this past three weeks and never brought a dish back upstairs.

she is headed off to college in three weeks, and I am going to move to a small place.
Man I really hope I did not do anything to myself, I was careful but did take about 8 trips up and down the stairs! but the homes I have been previewing have all had stairs and were 5,000 to 7,000 square feet homes!
I really think that laying around helped me heal so far so good, no pains not tired.... a little nervous but feeling good.
Is everyone feeling a bit healthier after the fibroids were removed? My doc said they were really doing a number on me, I don't know what they do, but i sure do feel "healthier" over all with them out of me! anyone else notice that? besides the healing etc, do you just feel 'better'?
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:02 AM

I didn't have any other repair work done, just the LSH. I kept both ovaries & cervix. The pain is terrible, even this morning. I see my Dr. tomorrow.
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:33 AM

Good moring everyone!
I have a question. I have a friend that had a vaginal hister. and she kept one ovarie. This was back in Feb 2007. She was back up and going at full speed in like 2 weeks. I had a TAH/BSO on July 31 2007. Well my problem is that she tells me I should be just fine by now and everything is pretty much in my head and if I wanted to be totally healed I would be. Keep in mind this is suppose to be my best friend. She saiy that anyone who says different is just a wimp. She also thought that I should be doing everything I did before the surgery by now. And that would make me feel better if I did. Well I am sure that it would but I really dont want to hurt myself and put myself back in recovery. I think that I am doing pretty good, although I thought I would be better a little faster. I trually believe most of my problem is harmones(or the lack of I should say). How do I get her to understand? I dont want to loose her as a friend, but to be honest when I really needed her through all this she wasnt there. She just thinks I am a wimp. Any advice would be great. It also feels good just to tell someone that this is really bothering me. Thanks
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:52 AM

Hi gies898.
Everyone heals at different speeds. Just because she healed fast doesn't mean that you're going to. Understand that everyone's body is different. Take your time to heal & don't worry about what she says. Obviously she isn't that good of a friend if she's calling you a wimp!! Don't over do it, you don't want to regret it! Take care & good luck!!
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:12 AM

Gies898,

DO NOT OVER DO IT!

Last week I was starting to feel pretty good. I still had some aches and pains but I thought I was going to be on the tail end of this thing by this week. By simply getting sick to my stomach I hurt myself somehow. (Still don't know how yet).

You don't want to start feeling good and then have a set back. Especially at this late in the game. Like eburg5 said we all heal differently.

My mom is the same way she thinks I should be hunky-dory by now because she felt good after 3 weeks of her Hysterectomy. Each of us had different reasons and cause for the surgery and then we each have to heal individually. Perhaps your friends surgery was not evasive as yours. Perhaps she is like my mom and heals and an Alien-Speed. Who knows but don't let it discourage you.

The only thing I can agree with your friend on is, have a positive attitude. As YOU feel up to doing small things, see if you can do it. If it is too much lay off a little. Just remember Attitude can dictate how we feel during most things. Try to stay positive. When you can't stay postive, log on here. Someone else with be positive for you. That is one reason this board is great. It gives us hope and positive vibes when we need it.

Take care and
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:26 PM

you two had different surgeries!!! But to give you little perspective, I had a TAH on Aug 3, now you can print this out and read it often magnet it to your refrigerator if you like.

I had a TAH oh Aug 3, 2007. I will be post op by four weeks this coming Friday, three more days. I have rested in bed, on ice except for the past few days. I have only gotten up and dressed to hold a couple houses open, I am a realtor. i went to the doctor this Monday, I feel great, have very little swelling and have had a near miraculous recovery, or so it seems, WHAT I DID< was what you need to do, rest, drink plenty of water, take your vitamins and minerals, eat fresh fruits and veggies, and sleep as often as you can. DO not lift anything heavier than 5 pounds, I don't enen carry my purse, which is not all tha big, but my DH carries it. I can drive but have not, like I say I have only gotten out to look at some houses the past two days and to hold a couple open, where I sit and explain to people I have just had
major surgery so they can check out the house and ask me any questions they may have.
I feel great, and am now my doctors poster child I have healed so well, but I did not do it by running around and competing with everyone I know to be back at my normal Energizer Bunny speed and endurance.... I found the list of things to do and NOT to do in the recovery on this site, printed it out and gave one to ME, my DH and my DD. Follow the rules or you will be sorry, It will not take you long to find many many stories of gals who went out and cleaned their BF's vacation home two weeks post op or cleaned their own house a week or two post op, that are now needing a second surgery to repair the damage they did. Just read this site.
IN BED! under an ice pack! Print out the list for recovering from a TAH and show your friend, and tell her you are being smart and safe, not stupid. she can call you names all day long and you can just take it laying down!!! IN your bed! under ice! As great as my recovery my post op at three weeks and three days, I was ONLY allowed to walk more, at the gym NO ab workout only walk the treadmill and some upper body stuff. I can now lift up to ten pounds if I have to. NO sex, no dancing, jogging, running all day and night like I would normally be doing, and I see the doc in three more weeks, and THEN if I am good, he will release me to "normal" life and sex at the six to eight week mark.
There .... now you have something to go on we had the same surgery only I did not have any bladder repair, I had numberous large fibroids, and the uterus and cervix were removed.
Slowly sever this "friendship" because it isn't really a friendship, she was not there to help you post op and is not verbally and emotionally abusing you. Look for a new "best friend" one that will be a friend and knows how to keep her mouth shut.
Just my opinion.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register