Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I appreciate everyone comments. And you are all right. My DR said was doing great and was ahead of schedule. I just couldn't believe that my so called best friend was trying to say different. SHe has no idea what hot flashes are and just doesnt understand. An you are right that I should sever the friendship because when I was down she was not there. Eventhough I was there every step of the way for hers. I have been doing everything I was told and not pushing it. I dont want to put myself back. I guess I just needed someone else to tell me that I was not crazy. Thank you to all who responded!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Gies898

I am sorry your friend isn't more understanding. I am post op LAVH and BSO 4 weeks tomorrow. I have not done a whole lot. I have gone to the store a few times or just ride in the car when my DH goes somewhere. On Saturday I felt great and did a little too much, Sunday was in bed all of Sunday. Yesterday, Tuesday, I felt great again but overdid. Today I am in bed hurting, can't even stand up straight and didn't sleep good last night. Rest while you can, there are plenty of us out here who are in the same boat as you. We are follwing the advice of our doctors who have years of experience in just this sort of thing, this is their specialty. There is a reason they tell us not to lift, push, bend, have sex, they have seen too many people who have not followed their advice and end up in trouble. Maybe your friend is jealous because you have the opportunity to heal properly. Maybe for some reason she couldn't take the time to heal properly even though she said she did. Anyway, listen to your body and your doctor. It is your body and the only one you will ever have so treat it good and let it heal properly.
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:41 PM

j9c, I'm so glad to hear you're done cathing!!! congrats!!!

sooner, just last night I was able to sleep on my tummy finally! It felt so nice that I slept in until 11 am today! I love to sleep on my tummy and it's been misery sleeping propped up for the last several months. My cyst was causing reflux at night, so I have been sleeping on a wedge since April...and then I learned I had a cyst and had surgery. So , woohoo, no more reflux, heartburn, or protonix for me!

Today I had lunch with some friends, and now am going to lie down and take it easy again. The cramping is gone now that I am back taking ibuprofen regularly. My supply of ibuprofen is getting low though...need to buy more I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 03:08 PM

I was just able to sleep on my tummy last night too! What a treat to be able to roll over and sleep that way too! I also had GERD really bad due to the fibroids, one was likea golfball on a tee on the outside of my uterus! That rascal must have pushed upward and caused that GERD because I have NO problems now with heartburn at all.!!! That in itself if a blessing!
Ladies we are on our way to looking at this ordeal in our past!
How's everyone else doing?
Lill ol me?
Jennine?
Hope today is better than yesterday for everyone!
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:28 PM

Doctor said he thinks it is just a pulled muscles. Thank goodness. I am supposed to drive this weekend to North Carolina so I didn't want anything stopping me. He did however tell me to take it easy. So once I get up there I will play "poor me" and try not to do much.

I also have ANOTHER yeast infection. I don't get it. Why am I having two back to back? Blah. But the doctor wrote me two more prescriptions for it.

Just thought I would give a quick update!
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:35 PM

Maybe try taking Probiotics (acidophillus etc) that might help you fight off the overgrowth in yeast, I probably don't have to tell you, stop eating sugar, white flour, pickles, wine, fermented things and sugar just feed the yeast.
Probiotics will help to balance out the bacteria in your system.
Hope it gets better soon, I seem to recall an estrogen imbalance can contribute to yeast infections as well, maybe have a check see and ask the dr about that next visit.
Have a great trip North!
Unread 08-29-2007, 05:52 PM
four week post op

Hi Ladies I am in my 4 th week post op as of today had
TAH on Aug 1 one day you feel good and the nextDay you are right back where you started.on top of not feeling well
I went to the Doctor on Monday and I have a lung infection
and which I am Antiobotic's .I feel misreliable with night sweats and during the day also I have a Question for you ladies that had their ovaries removed if you taking estrigan
does it bother your stomach.I guess I am being a baby about takeing it.I have not even tried it since surgury I know my OB Doctor is upset with me .when I seen him on friday reading the side effects and plus I smoke.
Thanks Denise

God bless you all !!!!
TAH AUG1 WITH OVERIES CERVIX UTERUS REMOVED
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:52 PM

Just thought I would update on my 4 week post op.. Doc said everything is looks great. Still have some stitches left. I then asked him "ok, what can I do" and he said you can go back to full activity, even Sex! WOW...he said take it easy as far as lifting, use common sense, and if sex is uncomfortable then wait a couple days and try again.....I couldnt believe that he said back to full activity..its only been 29 days! I was almost disappointed! I love having the "I cant lift the laundry upstairs" excuse! so girls, there is light at the end of this post op tunnel!

Brenda
tvh 7-31-07
adenomyosis
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktys
you two had different surgeries!!! But to give you little perspective, I had a TAH on Aug 3, now you can print this out and read it often magnet it to your refrigerator if you like.

I had a TAH oh Aug 3, 2007. I will be post op by four weeks this coming Friday, three more days. I have rested in bed, on ice except for the past few days. I have only gotten up and dressed to hold a couple houses open, I am a realtor. i went to the doctor this Monday, I feel great, have very little swelling and have had a near miraculous recovery, or so it seems, WHAT I DID< was what you need to do, rest, drink plenty of water, take your vitamins and minerals, eat fresh fruits and veggies, and sleep as often as you can. DO not lift anything heavier than 5 pounds, I don't enen carry my purse, which is not all tha big, but my DH carries it. I can drive but have not, like I say I have only gotten out to look at some houses the past two days and to hold a couple open, where I sit and explain to people I have just had
major surgery so they can check out the house and ask me any questions they may have.
I feel great, and am now my doctors poster child I have healed so well, but I did not do it by running around and competing with everyone I know to be back at my normal Energizer Bunny speed and endurance.... I found the list of things to do and NOT to do in the recovery on this site, printed it out and gave one to ME, my DH and my DD. Follow the rules or you will be sorry, It will not take you long to find many many stories of gals who went out and cleaned their BF's vacation home two weeks post op or cleaned their own house a week or two post op, that are now needing a second surgery to repair the damage they did. Just read this site.
IN BED! under an ice pack! Print out the list for recovering from a TAH and show your friend, and tell her you are being smart and safe, not stupid. she can call you names all day long and you can just take it laying down!!! IN your bed! under ice! As great as my recovery my post op at three weeks and three days, I was ONLY allowed to walk more, at the gym NO ab workout only walk the treadmill and some upper body stuff. I can now lift up to ten pounds if I have to. NO sex, no dancing, jogging, running all day and night like I would normally be doing, and I see the doc in three more weeks, and THEN if I am good, he will release me to "normal" life and sex at the six to eight week mark.
There .... now you have something to go on we had the same surgery only I did not have any bladder repair, I had numberous large fibroids, and the uterus and cervix were removed.
Slowly sever this "friendship" because it isn't really a friendship, she was not there to help you post op and is not verbally and emotionally abusing you. Look for a new "best friend" one that will be a friend and knows how to keep her mouth shut.
Just my opinion.
Ktys - I loved your comments!!! I have also listened to my Dr. He says I'm doing great, considering all of my complications in the hospital. Six weeks post-op I can basically go back to my normal life; however, he has me on some restrictions until December 2nd, such as no lifting anything over 25 lbs, no weightlifting, no running, no powerwalking. I still have some pain, especially on my right side, but my Dr told me it will take time. Believe me I am listening to my Dr. Personally, I've had enough surgeries and don't want another.

Ladies, take Ktys' advice and listen to your Dr.
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:37 PM

Gardener- Thank you!

I just KNOW personally how difficult it is to stay down and NOT clean or return to work or even run to the grocery store like I used to!

Me, the original Energizer Bunny of real estate!

I have quietly sat here and read post after post of women who think the warning does not apply to them, only to read that they are back in surgery #2! NO WAY do I want to go through this again!

I have picked up new buyers who need assistance finding a new home and previewed homes for them slowly with an associate doing all the driving. I have my "homework" done now and I will spend until Friday or Saturday when we all go together to view the houses they liked through email. That will be a long day and several stairs which do not seem to bother me, and several times getting inside and out of the car, we will view 7 or 8 houses that day. I am preparing (got me on the Rocks as we speak!) I will rest up until we go out. and I am 4 weeks post op Friday.

I am treating me like a fragile antique, hey, I AM and antique!!!! What am I saying? Women do too much for too many and I am usually one of those too, but not this time, it is truly all about me! And all about healing. I just praise the Lord every day to have been able to recover this fast and for the patience it took and continues to take!

I hope I can inspire someone to go through this like I have, fast and smooth and carefully!

Hang in there ladies, it does go fast, I cannot believe it has been almost a month already!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register