Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

You will need a kleenex, but it really hits home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Is there really a difference

Is there really a difference from 4 weeks postop and 6 weeks postop? I am sure there is but I just need some reassurance! I am 4 weeks post LAVH. I know I am much better than 2 weeks ago. I started back part-time today doing hair and I am hurting. I didn't do any hard stuff, but I am feeling it. I just want to know that in 2 weeks I won't feel like I do now. I thought going part-time rather than going in 2 more weeks straight to full-time would be better, but right now I am not sure. I am in bed and just took a percocet I just needed to yak to people who understandd and find some reassurance ! Thanks for being here.
Unread 08-30-2007, 06:09 PM

I'm 4 weeks today (LSH) and still have pain, mostly on the right side. I still can't lie on my right side or my stomach. I'm out for 6 weeks and hope that the next 2 weeks show more improvement.

Today, I had to take my DD to the orthopaedic (she reinjured her wrist, after having broken it last year). Her appt. was at 2:20 pm and we did not leave there until 4:55 pm. By the time we left I was hurting much more and started having those horrible gas pains!! But my DD did drive us home, which helped.

I do have to brag at bit on my mother. Since I really am a neat freak and have not been able to clean my house, my mother had a cleaning lady come today and clean my house for me!!!! It is so nice not to see dirt, cat fur and dog fur on the floor anymore. I believe it lifted my little depression some! Next I think I'll ask her if she'll drive me to Victoria Secret - I may need a little more pampering!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 06:10 PM

Moss - How are you doing?
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:32 PM

I'm doing ok. I started a new job this week. It's only a few hours a day, so the doc said it would be fine.

I have a cold, and have been trying very hard not to cough, because the doctor said that could undo some of the repairs. Very stressful to think about.

I've been enjoying/commiserating with all of your posts for a few days. I agree that we need to keep taking it easy and let things heal now, so we can avoid problems like adhesions later.

Thanks for asking, Deneen!
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:59 PM

Hi Girls!

Thank you for all the well wishes since I was able to stop cathing!! What a difference not having to be in my own bathroom every time I have to go!!

Sorry I've been away! I went with my husband to the surgeon's yesterday. They found a complex cyst on his thyroid in May (I was still going through radiation for breast cancer- I can't imagine having my kids go through another parent with cancer- he just turned 42). Anyway. his appointment was at 2:45 and we did not get called back until 4:50 and saw the doctor at 5:15!! Needless to say, we will not be going back there! He's going to talk to my surgeon- this other doctor is supposed to be well known for surgery on thyroid- but it's not worth the wait. And I love my surgeon and he also does thyroids. They don't think it is cancer, but the complex cyst has a group of cells in a jello-like substance and they can't get enough of the cell in a biopsy to tell for sure if it is cancer or not. I say he should get it out now- why take a chance- but he's not in a hurry. Anyway, I was exhausted when we got home and did nothing!

I am doing great! I pampered myself today- got a pedicure and manicure- I've never had a pedicure before. I didn't know what I was missing!!

I also started Aromadex (a hormone blocker that I'll be on for 5 years to help prevent the cancer from coming back) tonight. Hopefully my night sweats won't get worse! Now I get hot and cold- take on and off covers- but not bad.

Sooner- I'm in Raleigh, North Carolina! Where are you going in NC?

I'm worried about MollyPolly also- but I understand her need to be there! I am so glad her sister drove! I hope we hear from her soon!

Hope those of you who are still in pain take it easy and feel better soon!!

Hope those of you are are not in pain take it easy and stay that way (Ktys- that sounds like your advice!!)!!

I am so glad we have this support- thank you HysterSisters!!

Take Care!!
Jennine
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:10 PM

Jennine - I am so glad that you don't have to cath any longer. I'm sorry about your husband. Hopefully, the news will be good. I will keep him in my prayers.

Moss - I'm glad you got a job. Please take it easy and remember to pamper yourself every chance you get. Those summer colds are horrible, but hopefully it won't linger.

Molly - Let us know when you're back and how you are doing.
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:57 PM

j9c- I think it's Bubble who was planning to drive to NC this weekend.

I am debating whether or not I am up to a college football game. My OU Sooners have their first game on Saturday and I haven't missed a home game in a long time. We will be driving to Norman, (a 2 hour drive, but my husband will drive and I will relax with my ice gel pack and a crossword puzzle), but I think I may let my family and friends go to the game without me. I may watch on TV at our friends' house in their recliner (with their cats!) As much as I love football, I just don't think I am ready to sit in the heat for hours crowded on a bleacher seat

I am sick of this Swelly Belly!
Unread 08-30-2007, 10:32 PM

j9c, I am heading to Winston-Salem. I am originally from there. My dad (and most of the rest of that side of the family) went to NC State in Raleigh so I have been there many times.

Today has been a pretty good day. I tried to do very little in preparation for this weekend. I usually only stay up there from Friday night until Sunday night but this time I am going to stay longer. I figured I am out of work and I drove all that way mise well take advantage of it. (It's rare I get to stay that long.)

I am glad some of you are feeling better. Hopefully the rest of the crew will follow along shortly.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Unread 08-30-2007, 11:03 PM

I went to lunch with a friend, and then to another friend's house to eat a piece of cake for a birthday.

I thought I was feeling good, but I now have a low fever of 99.3 and the runs...I am suspecting lunch, yikes!!!

Please let this not get worse! I'll check back tomorrow, and hopefully it will have gone away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register