Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 70 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Yikes! I am back at work full tilt boogie! Woke up to a phone call from a guy that wanted to talk to me about listing his 2.5 million dollar home, so I got up dressed and drove out to take a look see, while there he asked if I can take him shopping for a new house, he wants to downsize from 6,000 sq ft to about 3500, so I had lunch came home, washed my BMW with my DH, that was a mistake on my part, it had been hit by sap from a tree a couple months ago and I just had to get in there and try to clean it off! A car wash would not do! That wiped me out, but I had to hit the computer and search the multiples and call agents, we are viewing homes tomorrow at noon, only three though. And then Saturday I have the couple that want to make a day of it and view about 9 homes or so! The Beemer is at least alot more comfy than DH's SUV, so that will be better, but man oh man, then Sunday is open house at my listing.... I DO get to rest there! Hopefully!
I have a bit of a sore tummy now, been on ice pack but hitting the bed for a serious treatment and a little relax time, hopefully some sleep. This could be a crazy busy next 4 days coming up, but it is also a possible 8 million dollars worth of real estate deals too! So it I guess its worth getting out of be for!
It is amazing how you can feel good and think you can carry on and half way through a normal day you sort of hit the wall and lose steam! Well, I guess we did just have major surgery 4 weeks ago! huh? One woman today told me it took her a full year to fully recover her energy etc, all back to normal.... that one step forward two steps backward deal will be with us for a while, so lets try to make hay while the sun shines! Carefully!
and NO moving furniture!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 01:58 PM

Hi ladies.
I had my 4 week & 1 day check up today & the Dr. did an internal sonogram & said that I'm all healed up nicely. YEAH!!! I can now do pretty much everything except excessive lifting. I'm glad to know that I've healed so quickly. I do still get tired a lot but that's the least of my worries. Hope your all doing well!!
Unread 08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Still resting.

Wow, I read all your posts today and I noticed the activity level is really picking up! Be careful y'all. I did feel more energy the past 2 days- today is my 1 month hysterversary so DH went and got me Thai food to celebrate. I am feeling like listing some things on Ebay and just cleaned the bathroom. But I am still reluctant to go out too much. Haven't driven yet-my jeep wrangler is too bouncy. Just takin Ibu. one or two times a day. Sleeping thru the night except for urge to pee at 3 AM. Reading alot and still ordering DH around. He said he doesn't think I should push myself until I see my gyn. in 2 more weeks. So guess i'll enjoy the next 2 cause I'm sure it will get busy soon. As far as my TT that is healing well. Have a new bellybutton PS created. My incision scar goes from hip bone in smiley face all the way to above other hip bone. DH says it looks like I am wearing body jewelry. Still swollen tho. It takes about 6 wks. for the swelling to go down 75% plus the inner swelling from TAH. I am pleased and would do it all again. So far, except for my morphine haze w/nausea for 2 days in the hosp. it hasn't been bad. Take care all not to overdo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 04:59 PM

ktys: You are making me nervous! You have always been the messenger of low key activity and now you are out and about and making million dollar deals. Washing your car?!?!? Be careful, and take your ice packs with you. I like putting mine on my tummy, and then put the seat belt on over it.

I spent today either in bed or on the couch. I think I pushed myself too hard the last two days. Running some errands, going to a college fair with my DD, attending an after school in-service meeting at my school, doing "light laundry," and making dinner. Today I am listening to my body-I cancelled a breakfast date with a friend and went back to bed after my family went to work/school. Wrote some thank you notes and watched some shows I had recorded on my DVR.

Have a relaxing non-Labor Day weekend everyone!
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:24 PM

Ktys - Please don't over do it the next four days. Remember you've got to rest.

Soonershep - I'm glad you decided to stay home and watch the game on TV. I would have worried about you at that game.

The next three days I am not doing anything. Just relaxing and listening to my body. My DH and two DS's are leaving in the morning to go dove hunting and I'm sure I won't see much of my DD, as she will be with her boyfriend.

I'm about tired of this swelly belly thing. In the mornings when I get up, I have no swelling; however, by about this time every night I'm swollen from my incisions up to my rib cage. It's driving me crazy.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Labor Day.
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:13 PM

I am hangin in there.... the buyers today were a couple in their 70's so we did not push too hard. only saw 4 houses and really lolly gagged doing so, from noon til 5pm! Had dinner out on the way home, so I did not have to cook or clean, I am now in bed with the ice pack until tomorrow.
I have not heard from the couple that wanted to shop possibly tomorrow, so, I may be able to take the day off.... either take them out Sunday or later next week.
I DO feel really good, and all the running today didn't seem to bother me at all, now last night after the running and helpin DH wash the car i was feeling a bit of ache and really ready to cuddle up to my ice pack... tonight, i have higher energy levels and no pain. Of course, we did move pretty slowly today! Which was a good thing.
You ladies are so awesome, its funny that the women here I thought were my friends, some have not even called or emailed to me and hey, today is ONE MONTH post op! So, you can imagine me, with a big wide sharpie pen in hand, scratching them off my "friends List"!!!!!!!!!!! Weeding my garden.... boy this has truly been a bitter sweet learning experience! has it not ladies????
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:33 PM

After a miserable night running to the bathroom, I called the doc and got some medicine, and my fever broke this afternoon. So I feel much better tonight. But a stomach flu is certainly not something you want.
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:55 PM

oh my God, you poor thing! But I Do have a recommendation for those of you who are in recovery still.... The Flu, there is an natural cure that will destroy the influenza virus in 24 hours. It is called Elderberry Extract. You can take it 20 to 30 drops of liquid for the tincture type extract, not the sugary syrup stuff, you can take it as often as you like in any beverage. If you are getting the really rapid sore throat you can drop the drops directly to the back of your throat, and then drink something to wash it down.
It works, it costs about 12 dollars for a 1 oz bottle of the extract.
I have used this instead of flu shot for about 10 years. It works !!! At the fist sypmtoms of a cold or flu coming on, get going on the Elderberry Extract!!!! Works on kids too!
What it does in brief is it takes the "spike" off of the virus and without the spikes to stick into the good cells, a virus can not survive or thrive, and it dies!
Source Naturals makes one and I believe Quantum is another.
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:50 AM

Ktys - When you take the Elderberry Extract instead of the flu shot, how often do you take it? Just once during flu season or on a regular basis? I can't take the flu shot, due to allergies and the older I get this concerns me.
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:56 AM

Amy - I hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register