Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 71 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 09-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Feel a lot better now but trying to be careful. Wish the bleeding would stop but will see doc next week. Thanks for reply dont know where I would be without hystersisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 07:23 AM

I am so excited!!! Last night I had to get up about 11:45 pm and take a pain pill because I had so much pain in my right hip, but this morning I woke up about 7:30 am and had no pain. Initially I thought it might still be the pain medication working, but it's almost 2 hours later and I still have no pain. None at all. Finally, my day of no pain may be here! I promise I will not over do it today and rest all weekend. But I'm so excited!!!
Unread 09-01-2007, 07:46 AM

I take Elderberry extract any time I am exposed or just feel a cold or flu coming on. At that time, I take it every hour or two, in tea, 7 up, straight. juice.... it doesn't taste bad although like all tinctures, most of them have an alcohol base, it is easy to take because you only have to take twenty or thirty drops of it. I do not buy the sugary syrup type called Sambuco I get the extract tincture type in the little brown bottles with the glass dropper thing inside. It is great to take the moment you feel NOT quite right like the scratchy or dry throat, the very first signs that a cold or flu is coming on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 09:55 AM

Hi Girls!
Things are going well here! My dad wanted me to go to the beach house this weekend, but I was good and said no. It has three flights of stairs and the living area is on the top floor. The main thing is cleaning it before we leave- we have to leave it so someone can rent it- so lots of work!

Sooner- sorry for the mix-up! I have never had a good memory and I can't look back at the posts while writing mine or I loose what I've written!

Bubbles- hope you have fun in NC!

Amy- I hope you feel better!

Ktys- You always have such great info!! Thank you!!

Sisters- Take care of yourselves!

Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 09-01-2007, 11:46 AM

Thanks everyone for the get well wishes...I feel completely better today. At least it was quick -- I was dreading a whole weekend of illness.

Not much planned here, I planted a few flowers this morning with DH helping.

Have a good holiday weekend!
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Have a Labor Free Labor Day weekend girls!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-02-2007, 02:55 PM

Where is everyone? I hope you are not all out doing too much on this Labor Day weekend. Remember, no labor, work, lifting, or exerting for the pampered ones! Relax and watch others mow the lawn, wash the car or carry in the groceries. As we feel better, it's tempting to do too much, but we need to remember that there are still some big NOs that we are not supposed to do.

Thanks ktys, for the note above. I don't know what I would've done without this site. I know I would've been calling my dr.'s office a lot more with my ?s and worries. I have mental pictures of you all in my head. We'd probably have some good laughs if we could get together and actually see each other face to face!

I hope everyone will check in and update us on their recovery in the next few days.
Unread 09-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Hi Girls!!!

Well, I'm back from Rhode Island. The wake and funeral were brutal, but it was good to see my best friend, and a bunch of high school friends. The car trips were so boring, and I was just really sore and crampy all day today. I guess my trip caught up with me.

Nothing new here, except yet ANOTHER spot of my incision opened up (now there are 3.) It's really small, but I still have to pack it 3 times a day.

I see my surgeon on Thursday for my post-op visit. I'm nervous because he's going to do an internal exam. Yikes.

I just feel like I should be further along than I am. These opened incisions are really slowing down my progress. My blood sugars have been fairly normal (a little higher at times due to healing, but never over 200) so I don't know what the problem is, but I'm ready for ALL of this to be over!

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. I missed you guys!

Love, Lisa
Unread 09-02-2007, 07:04 PM

MollyPolly - I'm glad you're back and had no major set backs. Everyone was worried about you traveling that far.

When I went for my 2 week post-op my Dr did an internal exam and it wasn't bad at all. Just like a normal exam.
Unread 09-03-2007, 05:40 AM

Happy Labor Day, ladies!

We took my grandson to a place by the lake yesterday and ended up walking around for about 4 hours. I thought I would be sore today, but I'm not! Yeay!

I still have the sore throat and have to fight the urge to cough a lot, and had to treat myself for a yeast infection (probably from taking 2 courses of antibiotics for UTIs). Other than that, I feel pretty good.

Glad to hear you all are doing well. I hope your incision heals all the way soon, Molly!

Thanks for continuing to post, everyone. It really helps reading them. Too bad we can't have a reunion party. I would vote for NC. lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register