Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 73 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyEndo2004
Well, the weekend is over, and it turned out to be not so great. My healing is going okay, but my dog slipped out the garage door while we were working inside the garage and immediately got in a fight with a medium-sized dog being walked in front of the house. My husband grabbed our dog, but not before the other dog got bitten and needed stitches for a 2 inch gash. It was awful, I feel terrible. We will be paying the vet bill for the other dog's stitches of course, but I am shocked at my dog who is normally very sweet. But, he is part border collie so has chased a smaller dog once before...which is why I am normally careful and he is on leash. What a crummy horrible accident. The other owners are being very accommodating so far, but how would you feel? My dog has been through three obedience classes and consistent training...I'm not a slacker owner. But now I question this dog, it freaked me out. I've written a formal apology and have been in contact to check on the other dog several times, but this stress has me falling to pieces.

Sorry for the off-topic update, it's just filling my mind at the moment.

I hope everyone else is okay...
Amy - Remember that your dog is a dog and sometimes these things happen. Two weeks after I adopted my Greyhound, I was walking him and my neighbor's Lab attacked him. Thirteen stitches, eleven staples and a drain tub, plus an emergency vet trip! I also was bitten on the arm and leg; however, my bites were not that bad. It made a world of difference just knowing that my neigbor was very concerned and paid the medical bills. So you did the right thing. Don't feel bad and don't stress yourself over it. I'm sure your neighbors know how concerned you are and appreciate that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2007, 12:39 AM

talk about hitting the ground running.... at the 4 week mark it seems my life just took off! DH did a bunch of marketing when I was going in for surgery and in recovery.... and it is all paying off now, all at once! I have worked 12 to 16 hour days, today I had a listing appointment, a house viewing, office paperwork, another listing appointment at 7pm and two more showings at 830 pm! I started at early morning, and am just now finishing up! at 11 30pm! I do feel just great however, energy is holding strong, and swelling is almost nothing. I have lost a solid 10 and sometimes 11 pounds... and would like to lose only 6 more then I will be feeling really great.
Life stress is through the roof, but thank God, I am not having any hormonal issues that I can tell any way.... I feel stable, no hot flashes etc, no crying, I still do have to be careful with the bowels....but that's about the only thing I have an issue with.
I am glad to hear everybodys updates....
Unread 09-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Hi Hope you are feeling better today. I had a bad day yesterday but feel a bit better today. I had to take pain killers and felt light headed and sore all day. know what you mean about one step back its disappointing after feeling a bit better. Please make sure you are ok before you return to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:15 AM

Hey ladies!

I am still in NC. Been pretty busy. I feel pretty good for the most part except for TIRED! Sunday I was beyond exhausted. I am still pretty tired but trying to keep doing stuff.

I have put on weight (boo!) while I have been here. This is unusal since my mom doesn't cook and I usually get questioned about anything I put in my mouth. (ie.. "you shouldn't get sweet tea.. you need to get unsweet." "You shouldn't get the fried chicken salad you need to get the grilled chicken salad." "You would lose weight if you didn't eat ....") You get the picture. I feel like I have to validate everything I eat or drink. But that is a rant for another day.

Speaking of weight. Altho I have put a couple of pounds on since being in NC I am still down. YET.. my jeans are still tight in the mid-section. I can not even drive in the car for any period while wearing them buttoned. When will this go down??? I had a LAVH so I keep thinking I shouldn't be "poochy" still. I bought a pair of jeans one size up just to wear for now. Of course they keep falling down because that one size is making all the difference. Hopefully it will go down soon. I hate this "jiggly-belly."

I am hoping to get home on Friday morning. I was planning on coming sooner but my car is being worked on and is taking longer than expected.

Hope everyone's recovery is doing well. I am noticing more people are getting back to they real life and not posting as much. That is a good sign. Take care everyone!
Unread 09-05-2007, 10:25 AM

I had a total, 8/2. I had lots of cycst and other problems. I have never wrote before. Recovery has went well. The first check up went and was cleared to do more and it has gone well. I am going in next week for hopfully the last one to be cleared to go back to work. I was given the patch before I went home. I have a few hot flashes. What is normal? My recovery has gone well so far. My husband and kids have been really good about this.
Unread 09-05-2007, 10:34 AM

honda

Glad to hear your recovery is going so well. Take it easy though and look after youself.
Unread 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM

Thanks Deneen and iwaveatcows, I am feeling better today and calmer.

My swelling is down, so I finally feel normal and know that I will be okay when I return to work on the 17th. I haven't been taking pain meds very often this week either. I need to take more walks, though! I am feeling out of shape and should be ramping up the walking instead of slacking.

I hope everyone is feeling better each day!
Unread 09-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Hi Girls!
Sorry I've been away for a while. I had my port (for chemo) out yesterday, so I am laying here with ice on my chest! I had a big scar from where they put the port in (twice, the first one got infected) so I went to the surgeon who did my lumpectomy to see if he could do anything about the scar when taking the port out. So he took the port out and made a bigger incision- about 2 and a half inches so he could get rid of the scar (It was about an inch and a half to 2 inches). I am hoping this will heal as well as all the other surgeries he's done.

I go tomorrow for my post-op appointment. It will be 5 weeks and 2 days. I am anxious to see how I am healing.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 09-05-2007, 02:33 PM

Dear Honda,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I had an LAVH on 08/02. Anyway, the reason I am sending this is to let you know that we are fairly close. I live in Torrington, WY., and I have a sister that lives in Kimball. If you ever get this way, or hers I would love to let you know. If it is okay to give e-mail address or phone numbers I would like to exchange those for future if you are interested.
Unread 09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Anybody have memory trouble since surgery

Just wanted to know if anyone is having trouble with short-term memory since their surgery. I can't seem to remember names, numbers, what I am doing, where I am going. Anyway you get the picture. Hopefully this will go away soon. Just wanted to know if anyone else was going through this. Thanks!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register