Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 75 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Jennine - I'm so sorry about your set back. Call your Dr and ask him to elaborate on those restrictions. Keep us updated on your recovery - we really do care.

Heidi - You are not right. I laughed so hard when I read what you learned today! I had to let my DH read the lessons. He said you had a good lesson today! He is about to die too and is counting down the days, since my Dr said the 14th of this month was the day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Deneen, I am so glad I gave you guysa chuckle!
Isn't it nice to actually laugh without everything hurting so bad! lol
These poor men. DH has been very patient but was really looking forward to dropping DS off at football to play in the band and then we could have a quick dinner out, me a couple glasses of wine, and then wham bam, thank you mam! He has had a smile all week only to be deflated and depressed. It won't be long.
Doctor also said that now days ladies have internet and we all talk and bounce ideas off each other, but a few years ago women would come in crying cuz DH wanted sex, and wanted it now and the women abliged. (shame on them) So how is that for a scenerio - woman NOT wanting sex, man not wanting foreplay - give me the real thing, woman dry as a cob....and they wondered why it HURT!
Poor women. And in the end the men had to wait anyway. And I bet they had to wait a long time for ALL of the womens wounds to heal.
Have a good night ladies.
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Snake Hunting

Wow! That was some great advice on the OES!!!
Jennine, I am SO sorry to hear this! Darn. I guess you should play it safe and just go back to square one as much as you can.... rest rest rest and more rest. At least for about 3 weeks or so try to just lounge around like the first days out of the hospital.

I don't go in to see my dr for a while< I seem to recall the 17th. I sure hope that doesn't happen to me, I have been running hard, selling real estate! The other day, I had so much work to do for this new listing, I stayed up all night and just finished everything at 530 am and then took a shower and started a new day!

I am insanely busy! I DO feel great too that is what is so scarey!
My God, another 6 weeks, you are no longer a princess you are shooting for the rank of Queen!
Report in everyday so we can harass you if you do anything ... you have to rest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Hi Girls!

Heidi- You are too funny!! I will keep that post for the 6 more weeks my husband has to wait!! Poor guy!! But I won't be giving in until the doctor okays it- I can't believe women would give in!!
Thank you for your thoughts!

Deneen- Thank you for caring- this site is great! We need to have a Hystersister reunion with all the girls from our week- it would be awesome to meet everyone! And thank you for the suggestion to call my doctor- I was in such shock when she said 6 more weeks, I didn't know what to say!

I am going to call my oncologist Monday to see what he thinks- if it could be related to my treatments. I will also call my OB to get more specific instructions. I am the type of person that you need to tell exactly what I can and cannot do- then I know what I'm doing. But there are a lot of gray areas!

Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:36 PM

Hey Ktys!
Thank you for the advice!! I have been in bed or recliner all day except to go to the hospital to see my friend's new baby. I was very good today! I will keep you informed.
I hope you aren't doing too much- that was my problem- I felt fine the whole time. Except for the cathing for 28 days, I had barely any pain.
Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 09-08-2007, 03:08 AM

Jenine

Sorry cant be much help. Seem to be having more bad days than good right now. I am 5 weeks post op but dont seem to be improving as a lot of you are. I havent got a date for a 6 week check they dont seem to know if I am getting one. I am a bit worried as I dont think I am healing so well. Sorry for my moaning. Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy.
Unread 09-08-2007, 08:35 AM

Hi Girls!

ChicsLass- I hope you feel better soon! Why haven't they scheduled a 6 week yet? They scheduled mine before my surgery. If you don't feel like you're healing well, I'd call and tell them you want to be seen ASAP!

MollyPolly- Where are you? Hoping you're doing well!

Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 09-08-2007, 12:17 PM

Jennine - I agree with Ktys. You need to check in daily, so we can make sure you're not over doing it. Also, a reunion would be a great idea. Have no idea how we could do it, especially with us all so spread out. However, Raleigh is not that far from Lexington.

Chicslass - Have you seen your Dr since your surgery? I had a three week post-op visit and my Dr told me if I had any questions, problems or concerns to call and if I started any type of bleeding to come in; however, if none of that applied he would see me next year. But if you don't think you're healing properly, I would call Monday morning and tell them you are very concerned and need to be seen ASAP.

Molly and Moss - Where are you two and how are you doing?
Unread 09-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Reunion

I love the idea of a reunion! We should really do it!
Unread 09-08-2007, 04:19 PM

Hi Girls!

Deneen- Thank you for your concern! And I think that is two votes for Raleigh as the reunion site!!

I've been pretty good today- reclined in bed with my laptop all morning- Went out to lunch (reclined in the car)- Went into the store for just a minute (didn't push a cart or pick up anything heavy), and now I'm back in bed with my laptop. But I just went to the bathroom and after a day of no pink I had some pink. But I feel like I did less than yesterday when I had no pink (Went to the hospital to see my friend's baby). I am very frustrated!

I'll keep you posted on my progress- or lack of!
Take Care!
Jennine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register