Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Hi Cyber Friends,

I am going back to work tomorrow!

I'm excited and a little scared. I teach kindergarten and they have been in school for three weeks without me. So I am having my usual first-day-of-school jitters, with the aded stress of hoping I don't do anything to mess up this smooth (so far) recovery. I'm just working half time (the mornings), so I will be home with my ice pack in the afternoon.

It'll seem strange to put on work clothes-I haven't worn any of my sschool clothes since school was out last May. My Asset panties will be the favorite part of my back to work wardrobe.

I am really starting to worry about Molly (Lisa). She was so good about posting regularly and it's been a long time since we've heard from her.

I hope everyone else takes positive steps in their recovery this week. Jennine, I am so sorry to hear your news. Please keep us posted.

I'll let you know how my first day of school goes.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 07:11 PM

Hey Laura, good luck tomorrow! I am going back to work tomorrow as well and I am very, very nervous! I cook for 4th-6th graders and it is a hard job. My coworker is awesome and Iknow she will be asking every 5 minutes if I am okay.
I have to say that I have loved the extra 1 1/2 off! I am going to be such a good retiree, I love sitting in my recliner, watching tv and crocheting. lol

Good luck and I will try and check on everyone tomorrow.

Moss, where are you?
Molly, where are you?
Hope you girls are okay!!!
Unread 09-09-2007, 08:00 PM

Hi Girls!
Today was good. I reclined most of the day. I did go to Kohls, because I had lots of Kohls cash that had to be spent by Wed., so I brought my 9 year old daughter and mother-in-law and they pushed the cart and carried all the heavy stuff. My daughter found lots of clothes for Christmas, so it was a successful trip!

Heidi and Laura- good luck going back to work tomorrow! I taught kindergarten for a year and then moved to fifth grade before having my kids- now I homeschool- but kindergarten is a hard job! I'm glad you're only going back half days!

I have been wondering about MollyPolly and Moss also. I know MollyPolly was having some computer problems before she left for her trip, but she posted a couple of times since she's been back. Hopefully it's just the computer issue.

MollyPolly and Moss, if you're reading this, please let us know how you are!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Take Care!
Jennine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 08:17 PM

Heidi and Laura - Good luck going back to work tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes.

Jennine - Please try to rest as much as possible. You have more patience than I do. I could never homeschool my 3 kids!!

Eburg5 - Let us know what your Dr says. I wonder if before surgery your uterus was pushing on some nerves and now it's the nerves regenerating. Just a thought. Hopefully, its nothing major.

I'm worried about Moss and MollyPolly too. Hopefully, we'll hear from them soon.

I've got one more week before I go back to work. I'm nervous about going back, but at least I can make my own hours, which will be helpful.
Unread 09-10-2007, 01:08 AM

girls, I have pulled something! my right side, like the ovary area, just looked up and twisted at the same time, and ouch!!! I am on ice and will be down tomorrow if possible, I can barely walk now! It hurts SO bad.
No idea how that happened, I was just looking at something, no lifting or holding anything heavy.... strange
YIKES!
Unread 09-10-2007, 06:59 AM

Ktys - You might want to consider calling your Dr. Rest, rest, rest!!! And let us know how you're doing.
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:10 AM

Thanks for asking about me! I'm doing pretty well physically. My 6 week check up is Friday, so we'll see.

I'm looking forward to being able to do my arm weights again. I've noticed a big difference in the flab level after 6 weeks of doing nothing!

I started my part-time job a couple weeks ago. I had to call in sick one day because my stitches were sore and I didn't want to take any chances. Otherwise, it's ok.

Mostly I'm emotionally stressed from my husband losing his job and the fact that our medical insurance will end at the end of this month.

Hope you're all doing well! Count me in on a NC reunion!
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:17 AM

Moss - Glad to hear you're doing well and to finally hear from you. I know it's stressful for you right now, but try to remember that this is only temporary. The right job will come. Did he have any luck with that job that was in a different town? Keep us updated, we really do care.
Unread 09-10-2007, 11:09 AM

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted for awhile so after catching up on everyone, I thought I'd chime in! My recovery is going really well....still spotting a little but down to hardly anything finally! I am still trying not to do too much....it's really difficult! I know when I've overdone it....I get twinges and ache a little.

Heidi.....I loved your lesson for the day! I go for my 6 week on the 14th and am kind of afraid of being released for sex.
DH is overripe and it's all he talks about! I'm kind of apprehensive that it will hurt! Anyway, you made me laugh and I thank you!

Hope everyone takes it easy!
Unread 09-10-2007, 12:05 PM
how much is too much?

Hi Everyone,
I am really new to group and find this website so very helpful.
I had a TVH laparoscopy due to an tubo-ovarian abscess on August 3rd--so I am in week 5. I was very sick prior to the emergency surgery. I had extensive adhesions.
My Dr. released me for sex on week 4 and he told me at week two I could start walking up hills. So I have been slowly increasing my exercise. I just went on my first mountain bike ride yesterday on pavement for 45 minutes. Today I did the 3 mile practice loop on slick rock trail in Moab, Utah and I am a tad sore--but not too bad.
Does anyone think there is a problem with my activity? It seems to be making me feel better in the long run. But I hear people say "don't over do it or you'll be sorry". What does that mean? I asked my Dr. and he said Nahh. He acted like it was okay on week 4 to mountain bike. Any comments?
diethelp

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register