Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 83 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 09-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Helga_t: I'm sorry you're feeling blah, but I love the wording: "mutinous bowels" I can relate to that feeling!

Glad you are here!

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Oh Good, I found Ya'all! Happy to see we now have a new place to chat
Unread 09-12-2007, 09:30 PM

Helga - I'm glad you found us. Sorry about your set back. Let us know how your 2nd post-op visit goes.

Laura - I'm glad your DH is understanding. Try to rest. I thought you were doing half days. Am I wrong about that? But then again half days with kindergarteners would wear me out!!!

Angela - We got to work on your 'y'all.' LOL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2007, 12:56 AM

girls, I have found you. just checking in here, will be on the yahoo board too. Of course you can always find me on yahoo messenger as well....

I cleaned the house, vacuumed, swept, mopped, baked a cake, made chicken soup, cooked dinner and went grocery shopping today..... I almost blew it bending down to pick up my cat.... he is a bulky bloak, about 18 pounds... I know better, but sometimes he is just irresistable!

I did not feel bad from any of the regular routine stuff I did today, so I must be about ready to go 100% return to duty!

Glad we have a couple places to keep in touch, I look forward to the reunion!
It has been really amazing sharing this experience with all of you and having you share your stories, fears aches and pains, challenges and triumphs!
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:06 AM

AmyEndo and Gardener,
Do you HAVE to go back to work after 3 weeks post op? I give you lots and lots of credit, but try to get your doc to give you another couple of weeks if work will allow it. I went back after 4 weeks and have regretted it ever since. My doc released me after 3 weeks, too but since school didn't start until the following week, I thought I was "home free." Tuesday was 8 weeks post op for me and I wish that I had waited this long because this was really the first week that I could do things without help (even though I am still tired when I get home). If you do go back to work next week, I wish you the best and will be giving you both lots of hugs!

LSH/BSO 7-17-07, Failed Ablation 4-07-07, Life-long coumadin for recurring brain blood clots
Unread 09-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Phantom period?

Hi all, glad to have found you - I've been reading but not writing too much on the original thread.

Question: Anyone experiencing "phantom" period symptoms? I'm six weeks post LSH and my breasts are enlarged, nipples sore and am feeling bloated - all the symptoms of my period but without the blood (THANK GOD!). My doc said there were traces of endometriosis left behind and that I could experience some cramping, but I wasn't expecting this.

Any thoughts?
Unread 09-13-2007, 09:06 AM

Tracymae, That is funny, I never had cramps, or pms or any other normal symptoms of menstation issues at my periods, but instead I was like a domestic godess, I would clean closets, organize, cook, bake, scrub, scour and do it all at once, by the next day, I would have my period, It was SO noticeable that people close to me would comment! "oh you must be having your period!"
I did the exact same thing last night! So much so that I told my DH, wow, you would think I was having my period! He took a nap for an hour and without planning, I baked a cake, made homemade chicken soup, swept and mopped the kitchen floors cleaned the kitchen and then did some real estate work before I woke him up from his power nap! When I ran past him what "I had been up to" he jokingly said, "Now, if you have your period something is seriously wrong!" My comment was, I wonder if this would have been my week and it's a phantom period???"
Interesting. I have not had a period for almost two years, so I have no idea when it would be... but I DO recognize my "symptoms"!!!
Unread 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM

Well about the Phantom Period and Cramping. I too cycled 2 weeks ago and I had all the PMS symptoms and the day I should have started my period I actually had some cramping but nothing like before the surgery. When I went in for my 6-week check up I asked about it and my Dr. said that since I still had 1 ovary I would have all the same sensations during my cycle and as far as the cramping is concerned he said that the uterus is not the only organ that cramps during periods he said that the bowel is sometimes more the source of cramping rather than the uterus. Go Figure.

BUT the thing I noticed more than anything is breast tenderness before what should have been my period. My breast had always been tender right before my period but this time my breasts swelled a half a cup size and were so sore I could hardly touch them and my nipples were hyper sensitive. My Dr. just scratched his head over that one.
Unread 09-13-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener

Angela - We got to work on your 'y'all.' LOL!!!

LOL actually I'm from a different part of the south we would say ya all, not yall. But is all good and y'all know what I mean...I'm just sayin

BTW, I'm a transplanted southern. I've only lived in Southern California for 8 years.
Unread 09-13-2007, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the "Phantom" feedback. Guess it's all normal, just wierd!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register