Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Yarn - I like your miracle quote. I don't really understand how these threads work. sorry if I'm doing it wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2007, 07:38 PM

I'm sorry to hear about those of you that had less than ideal hospital stays. I hope the rest of your recoveries will go much better! I also feel so fortunate that I didn't have a hospital stay. Was so good and comfy coming home to my own bed! It was truly a blessing.
Unread 08-05-2007, 08:32 PM
christina

LAVH was Thursday.
I ended up admitted Wed night
due to reaction to pre-op antiobiotics, that was fun!
Surgery went well. I had general anesthesia and a morphine pump until Friday afternoon. I felt great until that was removed, I even got up and walked around 7 hours after surgery! I think that was a mistake! LOL! I felt that later.

Came home Friday night with Vivodin. Having a little trouble with pain now, but glad it's over!

Good luck to everyone else who's home now!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:06 PM

I had my sugery last Friday. I have decided I am a wuss. I was told that it would be similar to the three c-sections I had. Same scar, same doctor, ect. So I was prepared for the same amount of pain. I always thought I was very good at handling pain. That being said, I thought I was going to die! The first day, the day of my surgery was awful. I wandered in and out of conscienceness all day. I grouched at my hubby, my mom, and one very understanding male nurse. But that was the worst of it. Finally that night they found the right pain killer that actually killed the pain. By the next morning I got rid of the IV, cath, and talked them into leting me shower.

When I got home on Sunday, my cousin came to stay with us, so when my hubby was at work, she would be here. And other than one day where I had to let then know that just because I was to keep it easy, didn't mean the only room in the house that needed cleaned was the bedroom and living room, everything went well.

But I do have a couple questions.

1. I have been nesting. I know that when I had my babies, before hand I would want to make sure the house was perfect. Now I am bored and wanting to do the same. I was just wondering if that is normal - the desire to get up and clean, cook, ect knowing that if I do I will pay for it tomarrow.
2. I am confused, I had a TAH all except overy, so am I going to go through menopause now, or in about 30 years?
3. I have been having a little bit of trouble with bad sweeting, peeing all the time, inability to sleep through the night, oily skin, and my hair seems to be falling out more than normal. Is this average?

I would love to know if anyone has answers
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:12 PM

2 days post op from TAH, multiple fibroids. no complications.
I have zero appetite, I try to eat a few bites of yougurt, or oatmeal or soup, but nothing tastes good. I did not eat the entire day before surgery so I have not eaten since Wednesday, it is now Sunday still not appetite.

I have a surgical garment on, and the swelling seems minimal.
I am staying in bed mostly, only walking the halls a few times a day.
I just got off the pain pump and onto percocett, had two slight fevers the past two nights and had slight nausea both days. Yesterday I had medication for the nausea into my IV.
I feel GREAT! When I have a complaint, the nurses get right on it, and medicate me, so I am comfortable, they are taking such great care of myself and the gal sharing my room.
I am very happy that I did this, and it was much easier than I thought it wouild be. To the ladies in waiting, don't be nervous, enjoy your relaxing time in the castle.
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Friday went well, home Saturday

My surgery Friday was 11 am and I was out of the recovery room by 1:30 pm. TAH with LSO (the RSO was in 2004)....and a ton of endo everywhere. My doc said she didn't know how I functioned at all, with the huge cyst and endo even down by my tailbone. No wonder my back hurt! Friday I was very out of it, but by evening I was determined to sit up, and got up Saturday for a shower and a few walks. Since I had bowel sounds, my doc let me out Saturday afternoon...yay! I slept better at home, but I still drank a lot and used my breathing excercise thingy each hour. My swelly belly band has been very nice today! Thanks to Hyster Sisters store for the fast shipping!

Now, I just worry about the whole hormone plan....very low estrogen for 3 to 6 months to starve any remaining endo, so I expect hot flashes, etc. I didn't have time to read up on this, so I'm kind of worried about the best plan.
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:50 PM

Today I woke up and finally didn't look 7 months pregnant. Of course, I still looked rather swollen, but not as bad as it was (now it is only like 5 months). I decided I really was doing good and then wanted to go out with the kids when they went to get the last bit of stuff for school. The car ride was fine (of course I didnt drive), but then something about the heat didn't sit well and by the time I went up one aisle, I started a hot flash and thought I was going to die. At the register someone made a snide comment about being pregnant with teenagers and I almost went off because they so did not get it. I've only had one pain pill all day, and that was at 8:30 tonight. I've done laundry, helped clean up a little, cooked dinner, and went on that outing. Of course I've had to rest a lot in between but I am feeling really great and not so much like I'm going to be a hermit forever. I just hope the hot flashes aren't going to be a regular thing and that I will finally be able to feel when my bladder is getting full, not just all of the sudden, ouch my bladder is going to burst.
Unread 08-06-2007, 07:32 AM

Does anyone else feel like they should put on water wings before they go to sleep? I wake up drenched. I was diagnosed and scheduled for surgery within 10 days. Surprise. I bought home a kitten the next night. Anyone else get themselves something special before surgery? Anyway, everytime I get up to pee, the great pee expedition as I refer to it, I check to see if I have drowned my new kitty. Good thing he isn't afraid of anything, since I have this moat effect going around me.
Unread 08-06-2007, 07:41 AM

Nothing major in the FLASH department last night. Only one MILDLY moist incident so I am going to say that doesn't count.
Terrible sinus head ache all night.
INSOMNIA has hit -- what are you all doing for this short of sleep meds???
Well I am going to go to the gym to walk INDOORS & AIR CONDITIONED on the treadmill.
Then back home to more R&R.
Unread 08-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Abdominal Muscle

I had a partial abdominal hysterectomy on 7/31. I came home from the hospital the evening of 8/2. I am walking around slowly. I have 16 steps which I am taking 1 round trip each day. I am planning 2 trips today. The most difficult part has been getting up after laying down. I stopped taking the pain medication yesterday due to nausea and being irritable. I feel much better today as a result. I have showered each day by myself -- this is a very exhausting ordeal but an accomlishment.

I had large fibroids for 10 years with no obvious problems. The last year or so I started having pain (similar to cramps but slightly different and pressure on the bowel) and bloating about 10 days after my period ended. This really seemed odd to me and really started to invade the good days of the month. I started to worry about ovarian cancer which is why I decided to have the surgery. Stage IV edometriosis was found around the bowel. I have started Lupron but I need to research all of this further.

I really hope to gain abdominal strength before I return to work in 5 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register