Anyone Else on Aug. 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Else on Aug. 8 Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Unread 07-31-2007, 05:54 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Hi all...just wondering who my Aug. 8 surgery buddies were.

I'm getting a little nervous, just like everyone else. I've almost been too busy this last week to think about it too much. I've been planning my family reunion to be held this Sat @ my house...which is pretty much consuming the empty space in my brain that would normally be allotted to the surgery.

Whenever I do think about my LAVH I just say a quick prayer for everything to be alright.

I got new sheets for my bed and haven't been able to sleep well since...DH says maybe I don't like the color...lol. I've ALWAYS had ivory sheets and these are dark brown.

I'm expecting Aunt Flo to arrive any minute...she was due yesterday. Haven't really had any PMS symptoms...Wouldn't it just be the icing on the cake if I go in for my bloodwork today to find out I'm preggers.

Well, gg for now. I hope I hear back from all my 8-8 sisters.

Lis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

hey lis.............I'm scheduled for August 7 not 8 but I feel just like you do. I am getting nervous and thinking of a thousand questions I forgot to ask. But I know I will be just fine and you will, too. Sometimes I think that I am the only one going through this but then think back through the years of how many friends and family members have had hysterectomies before me . If they can get through so can we. You said you expect a visit from Aunt Flo. I can top that. She visited me yesterday and I wasn't expecting her. I'm 60 years old !!!. I am definately not preggars. Good luck with your family reunion and good luck with your surgery. Chin up now.
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Hello Lis and Sr.Sis!

I am scheduled for the 8th! I am having a TAH/BSO. I am ok with the surgery, I am just scared about who I will turn into after. I even made a post cause I am concern that I will become some crazed woman spewing green stuff while my head spins. I am starting to remove all the items that "set me off". My DH has handled taking care of me through 10 surgeries in 9 years so I know he has all the other stuff under control (All the TLC, cooking, cleaning, dogs, etc). I did buy new PJs, slippers for the hospital. I also got a new dress that is hip looking and new shoes with heels. I may feel bad but I want to leave after this surgery looking good - cause I am starting a new me! I thought it would keep me happy, besides I won't have to walk far with the wheelchair ride to the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

August 8th here!

Took the excuse to do some shopping--new sheets (heck, new mattress), swellybelly band, new nightshirts, grabby stick, shower stool...

Had my last period. Sheesh, I can still remember my first. Was it that long ago?

DH has been great--when he's not ticking me off.

I imagine afterwards I'll just be more "me". Is that a good thing?
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Hi to everyone that's chimed in so far...I had my pre-admit appt today. I feel a little more in control at this point, now that I had a virtual walk-through. I took my 17yr DS with me and we spent some good quality time afterward. It was so sweet. He held my hand walking through the halls of the hospital while the nurse was telling me what was what and where I was going to go. I live in Indiana, he lives in Florida, so when I see him we try to make the most of it.

So the lingering question that I have now is: Do I really need to pack alot to take to the hospital if I'm only staying a day? I figured I'd go home in the clothes I wear there. I know I need my toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, book. Do I really need to take pj's? I know it's probably more stylish, but I think I want to minimize my hassles. So any advice on the must-haves for the short hospital stay?

Still no AF...she was due to arrive yesterday...I can't understand why all this stress and anxiety didn't make her arrive a couple of days early...any other time in my life it'd be a sure thing. I really don't want to go in the day of surgery and be having a period...but at least when I'd come out I'd know that it was finally the end of it all (one of the nicer things about this)

BTW, I'm 36 and had cysts, endo, a dermoid teratoma, adeno... so many women have had much more serious/painful symptoms, but I'm tired of always having that gnawing, dull ache in my abdomen and the occasional sharp startling pain.

So tomorrow marks the "one week to go" mark.
I hope all of you are doing well, let's keep each other posted.
Lis
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Lis:
In October I has surgery that required me to be in the hospital for a week. I brought my PC, movies, 3 pairs of jammies, books, mags, blowdryer, you name it. I thought I'd be awake moving around I was out cold most of the time. Way too much stuff. I have no clue, even today, what I was thinking. Even when I begged them to let me take a shower, I couldn't. I changed into my PJs before my docotors and nurses were ready to allow me to. I was washing my hair in the sink. I couldnt stand being icky. I was not a model patient. So...I would take advantage of the wonderful hospital gown they are going to give you. If you are concerned about guest visiting - bring a light robe. Then again, they should understand. Make it easy on you! Bring what you are comfortable with and what you feel you need. I am scheduled to be in the hospital for a min of 2 days - that is why I am bringing them, if not I wouldn't.

Reading about your DS got me misty eyed. How wonderful for him to go on the visit with you. Long term, this will help him deal with the fears he may have for you. Not to mention what kinda DH he will be one day. I really think quality time is being together. My DS is 19 and lives in Va (I'm in TX), he has been calling me 3/5 times a day - not for any reason at all - sometimes to just watch a TV show with me. It is the little things, that mean soo much!

Here is to the one week count down!!!!!
Unread 08-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Forty-Eight Hours.

Maybe we should name a movie that?

Got the last of the groceries, and the nice clean house has had time to get cluttered again. Aw, the heck with it.
Unread 08-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Hi Arlynn...my nice clean house has gotten cluttered as well...I agree...to heck with it. 40 some hours...can't wait.
Lis
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Just got off the phone with Dr. Opie. Why didn't the nurse at the preop tell me clear liquids and an enema tonight??

Two hours on the table, he says, with the incision from the pubic to the navel. That makes me uneasy. And I might need to stay through Saturday.
Unread 08-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Hi again Arlynn...just posted on your countdown thread. I wonder how long I'll be on the table...never thought to ask.

I am dreading the enema that I will be having shortly. I did it last year before my lap for endo and adhesions...the next morning I kept having rumblings before my surgery and went to the bathroom lots....I thought the enema was supposed to work more quickly. I kept worrying that I was going to mess on the Dr. oh well. my hyst isn't until 1:30...nothing to eat or drink after midnight...I'm going to be lost in the a.m. without my coffee. I guess I'll have to go on adrenaline.

I wish you the best of luck Arlynn...with your incision it's going to be tough, I'm sure. Back in 2000 I had a tumor removed off of my Left ovary...it was supposed to be lap surgery but woke up with a 6 inch incision (horizontal). It was tough. The first time I got out of bed to go to the bathroom I went to the floor because I thought my innards were going to fall out. I respectfully requested for them to put me back in bed and give me a catheter for the night. I went home the next day...and was back to work within a week or so, but I'm sure that all of that pushing myself contributed to the nasty adhesions that I've had ever since...so point is...take it sloooooowwwww.

I hope I get to hear your recovery posts on the other side.
Lis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register