Anyone Else on Aug. 8 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Else on Aug. 8 Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Unread 08-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

I've decided not to look more than twice a day. DH is getting me more steristrips and I'll just keep replacing them. Unless I get a fever or something else dramatic happens, I'll just assume that the ddr knew what he was talking about when he said there's nothing wrong.

Now if my mother would just stop calling every day at naptime to try and convince that nothing's right.

She just called and told me that she was scared because I had told her I was passing blood through my vagina, when what I told her (TWICE) was that I was not passing any blood anywhere.

She just can't hear good news. Tell her you struck oil and you're independently wealthy and what she hears is that you've been poisoned and it will take all your money to treat it. Tell her you're in such good shape you can lift your own weight, and she hears that DH is making you do all the heavy labor around the house. AND she'll call everyone she knows to tell them about it, in between calling you twice a day to "comfort" you!!

My sister, during the last pregnancy, told Mom not to call her until the baby was born. It gets that bad.

Sorry--had to vent. My mother has a lot of good qualities, but not even Job needed a comforter like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

So funny about your mom. I'm sure she means well, but jumbles it all up.

You're lucky you have such a doting, caring dh to tend to your wounds. Treasure him daily.

I might moan and groan about mine, but he's got more good qualities than bad, and I sure wouldn't want to go through life without him at my side.

Rest easy tomorrow. Keep me posted on how wonderful you're doing, or if you get in the dumps. And turn the darned ringer off during naptime...lol.

Lis
Unread 08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'ol'me
So funny about your mom. I'm sure she means well, but jumbles it all up.

You're lucky you have such a doting, caring dh to tend to your wounds. Treasure him daily.

I might moan and groan about mine, but he's got more good qualities than bad, and I sure wouldn't want to go through life without him at my side.

Rest easy tomorrow. Keep me posted on how wonderful you're doing, or if you get in the dumps. And turn the darned ringer off during naptime...lol.

Lis
Yeah, she does. That's the sad thing--she's done it all her life. If everything's right, something must be wrong, and if something's wrong, it must be worse than that.

In fact, that's why I stayed home until I was thirty--I didn't want Dad to have to deal with her alone (and she had me convinced I couldn't handle it on my own). And then I realized: I'm not responsible for her and I deserve my own life. Two years later I was engaged and two years after that I was married. I don't think she's been able to accept that my life is better now.

The hardest thing about being a parent has to be letting go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Arlynn, I am so sorry that your mother can't be happy. she is missing so much in life. I've known people similar...my ex-husband was one of them. Which was why I had to make the break...well that was one of the many reasons why. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't enjoy my mother's company, and my MIL's. You are so smart to remove yourself from it and enjoy your life.

Hope you're feeling well today.
Lis
Unread 08-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Thanks.

I drove yesterday--got dressed and went to the drugstore for more steristrips and to Subway for supper. DH got hung up coming home from work, so I was on my own until 9:00.

I really prefer it when he doesn't have to ride home with that Marine. Sgt. P is a nice guy (and you have to love a Marine, don't you?), but his off-duty focus is drinking and looking for women. Joke was on him last night, though. The girl he though was interested in him was actually fascinated with my husband's pipe and married, with no interest in the good Sgt. at all. I suggest our pet Marine take up the pipe instead of all those cheap cigarettes as a way to meet women.
Unread 08-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

So--out a bit longer each day. This is good.

The steristrips are falling off, but they need to stay two weeks, so I bought more. They're longer and I think they'll stay better.

The seroma is draining slower. Maybe it's almost done?

Slight pinkish vaginal discharge this weekend. Suspect it's the interior stitches dissolving.

Sensing the early signs of a bladder infection, so getting serious about the cranberry juice--four ounces three to four times a day.
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

glad to hear your progress Arlynn...still take it slow though. I still have the pinkish discharge as well...never stopped since surgery. I hope your bladder stays healthy...keep up on the cranberry juice.
Lis
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Can you believe tomorrow makes three weeks? We're halfway through recovery time.
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

I was just commenting to dh about that earlier today. I'll be seeing the dr. tomorrow about my cath issues. How are you feeling now at the 3wk mark? I was just telling dh that I don't feel like I have anything missing in there, and that for the most part I feel pretty good. I still take it slow and still have a little bit of pain when I've done too much, but...

Lis
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

I still have the seroma, and a few traces in my underwear. For every hour on my feet, I have to lie down an hour. I had invitations to a wedding and a cookout this weekend, but I'm not going. Still, I'm driving again and I did a load of dishes yesterday. I might even try a little light laundry and maybe actually cook tonight.

BTW, the belly binder I got at the hospital has been a godsend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register