Anyone Else on Aug. 8 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Else on Aug. 8 Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Unread 08-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Just walked the ten stairsteps to the basement and put a load in to wash, then brought a load up to sort.

Getting there.

Tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Hi Arlynn...I went to the dr. today...he said he's never had anyone cath themselves for 3wks after bladder repair...I'm his first...wonders if maybe there's too much support up there now...

I've been cleaning around a little the last hour or so...a guy is coming to repair a crack in our tub...only 2yrs old and cracked, go figure. I've been having to do laundry too, despite my hints that reaching into the machine is bothersome and pulls on my belly...

Keep up the good work.
Lis
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'ol'me
Hi Arlynn...I went to the dr. today...he said he's never had anyone cath themselves for 3wks after bladder repair...I'm his first...wonders if maybe there's too much support up there now...

I've been cleaning around a little the last hour or so...a guy is coming to repair a crack in our tub...only 2yrs old and cracked, go figure. I've been having to do laundry too, despite my hints that reaching into the machine is bothersome and pulls on my belly...

Keep up the good work.
Lis
I got one of those "Gopher" grabbers--they have them in the Hystersister store, as well as in a lot of Wal-Marts and hardware stores--and I do my reaching with that. I have a wicker basket that weighs 5 pounds full of dry laundry, and I take things out of the washer one or two at a time.

The only stressful part is walking down to the basement and back.

Outside of telling you he's never had that happen before, what's he going to do about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Well, he said give it 3 more weeks. And then at my 6wk check up if I'm still doing this then I guess we'll discuss options. I'm thinking that if I'm still doing this at 6 weeks I'm going to a urologist or something...maybe even have the procedure reversed...who knows. He did take me off of the medicine that I'd been taking for 2 weeks to help with this...the last few days my voiding numbers have decreased after I took it...

I'm just so frustrated. Other than this pee issue I think I'd be doing great (still going slow some days, but mostly great).

I'm glad that you're doing good, take it easy on that laundry...and those stairs...I know what you mean...i've avoided my basement like the plague. I had to go down a few times (the kids' toy area is down there and they occasionally need something so off I go) but I can really tell that the stairs pull on my belly...who would've thought that stairs would work the ab muscles as well as the butt and legs.

Keep up the good work.
Lis
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:57 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

It's a question of balance, I think.
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

How are you doing? I was up a bit longer than I should have today, not in pain, but really tired.
Unread 09-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Actually, darn well. Swollen, a little sore, but the oozing is down to half. Did almost nothing yesterday, so maybe there's a connection?

In a bit I'm going to have a shower and we're going to do some shopping. I think I'll insist on a go-cart this time.

Tuesday I have to call the dealership and get the "check engine" light looked at and the oil changed. They have a clean comfy waiting room, so I should be all right.

Next Wednesday will be FOUR weeks!! I can let this nasty tape fall off! I can shower properly, instead of sitting in the tub and selectively hosing off.

Have your problems cleared up yet? Just mho, but shouldn't the dr. be a little more concerned?
Unread 09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

I'm glad that you're doing well, I'm sure that there is a relationship between taking it easy and decreased oozing.

And I'm all for getting one of those carts while you shop. Wouldn't it be hilarious if some old guy challenged you to an aisle derby? lol...just kidding. Since I had the lavh when I started shopping I only took short trips and walked behind the cart...didn't overdo it...but a few years back when I had the tumor/teratoma removed I utilized the cart...I was only 29 at the time and got some looks, but once they saw the pillow on my belly to help with the support (I'd had a 6" incision) I could see them lighten up...after the first couple of looks I just ignored them. That's what the carts are for, for those of us who would have trouble getting around on our own.

My numbers are gradually improving. Hope I'm nearing the end...don't see it for several days yet but...and yes I was hoping my dr. would have been a little more concerned, but everyone expected that he'd say wait til the end of the 6wk recovery.

Hope you have fun...take it easy.
Lis
Unread 09-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Happy four week anniversary!!

Took DH to work, stopped at the drugstore for stool softener and almonds (and peanuts and wintergreen), and swung by the dealership to make an appointment for an oil change.

Boy, am I tired.
Unread 09-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Anyone Else on Aug. 8

Happy 4 weeks to you too...if it weren't for the swelling and tiredness (and pee problems) the whole thing would almost seem like a distant memory.

Sounds like you've put in a day's work already. Still take it easy, ok? On the recovery board someone posted that their dr. released them for everything at 4 wks...holy cow! I think even if mine did release me I'd still be hesitant to do many things.

So, today, let's have a piece of cake or desert to celebrate...I'd really like a maple nut blondie from applebees with ice cream on the side...and a warm cup of coffee. Meet you there at noon.

Lis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register