I want a child of my OWN! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want a child of my OWN! I want a child of my OWN!

Unread 08-01-2007, 07:08 AM
I want a child of my OWN!

I hope this is ok to post? I am new here and realy confussed!

I was wondering, since all I have left is my overies do I still produce eggs and could my eggs and his sperm be placed in one of those little trays to connect then placed in a willing person..so that we could have a child of OUR OWN? If so what is the correct term for this and does anyone know how much stuff like this cost?

We are about to get married and want our own baby so bad....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 07:46 AM

Hi Mrs. Amador,

You should contact your doctor about this. He or she can point you in the right direction if it can be done, and it would probably begin at a fertility clinic. It would certainly be a long process with lots of research, interviews, and paperwork as well as an exhorbident cost. I'm not sure if your eggs can be harvested, but if they can, they would be fertilized in vitro, and be implanted into a surrogate mother who would carry the child to term and hand it over to you at birth. I hope your dream can come true. Just remember God has a plan for all of us, and there just might be a child born into this world already who needs you and is just waiting for you to be his or her mom. Best of luck with your wedding and your future!

Tracy
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:37 AM

Hi, every time I hear (or see) someone say a child of "their own" it breaks my heart. I just wanted to tell you that after adopting a sweet, funny, healthy, beautiful baby from Guatemala 2 years ago, she could never be any closer to "our own" child than she is. I understand how you feel on this side of the issue as I have been there, but I wanted to let you know it changes. My child could not be more my own if I had given birth to her. Most of the time I don't even remember that I didn't give birth to her and when adoption is brought up, I think oh yeah! We did adopt her. It's an amazing thing. Good luck to you, best wishes thru this difficult time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Ella......

I was wondering how hard it was for you to adopt from another country? We had talked about going to Mexico to do so but wasnt sure about all the RED TAPE we might have to go through! May I ask around about amount this cost you? Thanks for your help!
And thanks to everyone who has read or who has replied to this post! Have a blessed day! Kelly
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:30 PM

Hello again. It was the biggest blessing of my life and I am happy to share anything I can about it. I remember how hard it was to get info. in the beginning. After a lot of research we decided that adopting internationally would be best in the long run because you definitely end up with a baby. Adopting domestically takes quite a while and you can never be sure you will end up with that baby. I didn't think I had it in me to deal with the heartache of being matched and the Birth Mother changing her mind. (Or the expense.) And the odds are that it could happen at least 3 times before it works out. We went with Guatemala because of the foster care system versus orphanage systems and the babies are healthy and loved and the process was pretty fast. We had Bella home a week before she turned 5 months old. There was a lot of paperwork and red tape, the process took us exactly 9 months, and we are still making a loan payment every month, but it was the best thing that I have ever done. It was about $25,000 for the local agency, the attorney fees in Guatemala and all the other fees. Other countries are much less expensive though. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help! And hang in there, I know how awful the feeling of not knowing how to do it, but wanting a child so badly is. Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register