Some laughs about surgery for my Hyster Sisters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Some laughs about surgery for my Hyster Sisters Some laughs about surgery for my Hyster Sisters

Unread 08-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Some laughs about surgery for my Hyster Sisters

In the past months, my surgery was delayed due to an e.coli infection then a re-occurrence of the e.coli due an allergic reaction to antibiotics then a blood clot, and then the night before the surgery was scheduled, I was readmitted to the hospital because I was hemorrhaging. I thought I was the only one sick and tired of whole deal but I found out differently while waiting for surgery. My doctor came in to reassure me and ask if I had any questions. He then went on to tell me that he did these surgeries all the time, he kept up on the latest medical news, and that basically he was a professional. He went on to say that as a professional, when he took out my uterus, he would do everything in his power to prevent himself from acting out what he wanted to do. What did he want to do? He told me it would make his day if he could just drop my uterus on the floor and stomp on it! Apparently I wasn’t the only one tired of the whole process!

Also, I spoke to the anesthesiologist about my fear of being awake during the surgery. She told me my reputation had preceded me and they already had the “voodoo” monitor set up and waiting. I asked if it was really called a “voodoo” monitor and she said that name was close enough since the monitor just made sure I didn’t become a “living dead”.

Finally while being wheeled into the operating room, I was asked about taking off my wedding rings. They have not been off in about 15 years. The surgical nurse asked for some K-Y jelly and it was handed to her in under 5 seconds. This made me wonder just as I fell asleep ….. What do they do in surgery that they need K-Y jelly on hand?

I guess I am healing ok. I feel sooo much better then I have since the e.coli infection started, it’s really hard to tell! I am sorry I quit my job because now I believe I might have been able to go back sooner then we thought. Oh well, I am sure something else will come up.

BTW, things have been very difficult between my husband and me even before I got so sick. Yesterday he told me he was going to wait but since I seemed better that maybe we should get divorced and call it a day on our relationship. After over 20 years and all the sickness in the last months, being told I was not worth anything because I can’t do anything around the house really hurt. (This is the first time I have said anything about this – it seems so hard on paper.) I am very thankful my Hyster Sisters are a safe place for me to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 11:17 PM

BeepWally, I am sooo very sorry that your husband approached you about a divorce. My heart goes out to you. With all you have gone through, you didn't need that on top of everything else. My biggest hug to you. We are here anytime that you need us. You have found a WONDERFUL group of sisters to lean on through your recovery process. DON'T LET ANYONE EVER CONVINCE YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT WORTH ANYTHING!

I enjoyed your story about your trip to the CASTLE. It sounds like you were surrounded by a wonderful group of drs and nurses. They made your experience much less stressful for you.

Hugs to you. Please lean on all of us here!
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:29 PM

Im so sorry to hear of all the awful things you have been through!I dont know what else to say except hold your head up and know that your in our thoughts and prayers!
You are a very worth while person!
...WE are here for you!
please take care of yourself! and hold tight to your faith!
Sometimes its all we have!God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 12:07 AM

I don't know what to say except that my heart goes out to you. Just don't believe everything you hear. (Remember to consider the source.) I hope and pray that things will work out for you. Please keep us posted.
With lov, Nik
Unread 08-02-2007, 01:46 AM

BeepWally,
What kinda guy would mention a divorce right after your surgery, I ask you?

Surround yourself with friends and family and learn to lean on them. You need to heal your body and stress will slow that process down. I'm sorry you are going through this.

This is NOT the time for you to be making major decisions or agreeing to anything huge. You owe it to yourself to keep things as calm as possible in your life. Will he agree to counseling? You have felt lousy for so long, how can he judge an entire relationship based on the period of time you were sick? My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Maybe he has been scared all of this time and kept it all in. (I'm really fishing here, aren't I?) *sigh*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register