Complex hyperplasia/atypia-hyster or not???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complex hyperplasia/atypia-hyster or not???? Complex hyperplasia/atypia-hyster or not????

Unread 08-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Complex hyperplasia/atypia-hyster or not????

I am 52, lots of fibroids, been dealing with them for years. Almost menopausal. Just found out I have complex hyperplasia with atypia and cancer cannot be ruled out. I'm sure the pathologists have to say cancer can't be ruled out.

I could deal with a hyster if I could keep my ovaries, but the doctor wants to take everything.

I know no one can make this decision for me, but if your biopsy and D&C showed these test results, would you have the TAH/BSO????

Thanks,

Frantic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 08:22 AM

Hi (((Redhotprisspot)))

I see you are posting in CC now and getting support for your upcoming surgery. I just wanted to comment here and tell you, if I had those test results, yes, I would let the dr do the hyst/BSO. You can't know exactly what will be found, but I feel the possibility of this cancer leaves you little choice. I would need to have the peace of mind of knowing I'm not possibly letting something like that go in my body.

I'm just a little bit older than you and I understand your desire to keep your ovaries. With the possiblity of cancer that isn't wise. I'm sure you have read here and talked to your dr about that. I want to encourage you though, that there are so many good options open to you. I kept my ovaries and am still using a low dose of bioidentical hrt. It keeps me even tempered and I can think better.

I want to wish you well on your upcoming surgery. I hope everything goes perfectly and you have a good outcome in your pathology report too. We will keep an eye out for you in post op.
's, Rita
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciouspearl
Hi (((Redhotprisspot)))

I see you are posting in CC now and getting support for your upcoming surgery. I just wanted to comment here and tell you, if I had those test results, yes, I would let the dr do the hyst/BSO. You can't know exactly what will be found, but I feel the possibility of this cancer leaves you little choice. I would need to have the peace of mind of knowing I'm not possibly letting something like that go in my body.

I'm just a little bit older than you and I understand your desire to keep your ovaries. With the possiblity of cancer that isn't wise. I'm sure you have read here and talked to your dr about that. I want to encourage you though, that there are so many good options open to you. I kept my ovaries and am still using a low dose of bioidentical hrt. It keeps me even tempered and I can think better.

I want to wish you well on your upcoming surgery. I hope everything goes perfectly and you have a good outcome in your pathology report too. We will keep an eye out for you in post op.
's, Rita

Thank you Rita. Your post makes me feel somewhat better about the decision to have the hyster.

I think I worry most about my heart than anything. It's in bad shape to begin with. My kids just lost their father (my ex) 2 months ago to a sudden stroke. I am worried about them more than anything.

Thanks again for the comfort. I needed that.

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 10:22 AM

Hi Brenda,
Love your username by the way

Just wanted to post and let you know I had the same diagnosis as you and opted for the hyst/BSO. I've been told that hyperplasia is unopposed estrogen, or too much estrogen. I am lucky that no cancer was found. I'm glad I had my ovaries removed as I've been close to two women battleing OC. Call me paranoid. I am currently taking .625 premarin, but am changing to .1 Climara patch on Sunday. I've read that oral estrogen is processed through the liver, plus the fact that premarin is a synthetic (my Dr. says ALL HRT is synthetic??) but I like the fact that Climara is made from plant sources.
I've also been told that it takes time to get the right HRT, so that is something else to consider. My Dr. said there is residual estrogen in my body that will work its way "through", and that it may take months to get the dose correct for me.
I'm sure others will come through that are more knowledgable. I'm sure they will say to get a second opinion, preferrably from a gyn/onc, which I agree.

Oh, by the way, I just turned 51 and had my surgery almost 8 weeks ago and feel I'm pretty much back to normal. Still get tired a little easily, but am very glad this is behind me.
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerowned
Hi Brenda,
Love your username by the way

Just wanted to post and let you know I had the same diagnosis as you and opted for the hyst/BSO. I've been told that hyperplasia is unopposed estrogen, or too much estrogen. I am lucky that no cancer was found. I'm glad I had my ovaries removed as I've been close to two women battleing OC. Call me paranoid. I am currently taking .625 premarin, but am changing to .1 Climara patch on Sunday. I've read that oral estrogen is processed through the liver, plus the fact that premarin is a synthetic (my Dr. says ALL HRT is synthetic??) but I like the fact that Climara is made from plant sources.
I've also been told that it takes time to get the right HRT, so that is something else to consider. My Dr. said there is residual estrogen in my body that will work its way "through", and that it may take months to get the dose correct for me.
I'm sure others will come through that are more knowledgable. I'm sure they will say to get a second opinion, preferrably from a gyn/onc, which I agree.

Oh, by the way, I just turned 51 and had my surgery almost 8 weeks ago and feel I'm pretty much back to normal. Still get tired a little easily, but am very glad this is behind me.
Hi Boxer,

Haha, RedHotPrissPot is a name I chose for my Red Hat chapter name. None of my fifty-ish friends were ready for the red hats and boas yet, so that is on hold.

I am seeing an endocrinologist on Tues. My gyn referred me at my request and even made the appt. I want to have all the pertinent hormone tests done before surgery so I have something to compare afterwards.

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well after 8 weeks. Thanks for taking the time to help a fellow sister.
's to you!

Brenda
aka Red Hot

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register