Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 08-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemap08
Hello Today my doctor started me on Vivelle Dot Patch 0.1mg, Has anyone been started on this yet? If so any side affects? Still having Hot Flashes? I hope everyone is doing well.
Started on the vilvdelle patch and prometrium same day as surgery Aug. 10 and have no side effects from the meds just a nite sweat last nite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 03:40 PM

Hello I havent had no hot flashes but my Breasts hurt bad, They hurt like after you have a baby and they are draining milk, thank god that isnt happening to me.LOL Well keep me up to date how you are doing on the patch and the Prometrium.
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Reddish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameyet
I have a brownish discharge the last 4 days, just wondering if anyone else out there has had one also? called the doctor and said sounds normal, no fever and feeling fine, just worried a little...

I still have a reddish discharge, not an awful amount just light spotting, and thinking this is the last of this forever. My Dr. says it is perfectly normal and can go on for up to 6 weeks. Happy healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 03:57 PM

I have the brown discharge, too. Mine also is kinda yellow, I think from the premarin vaginal cream I have to use nightly. My doctor also told me that it is normal. Hang in there. Our surgeries were the same day! Take care.
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'ol'me
Hi there all...just here to say hey...glad that some of you are doing well and recovering nicely and to the others like me that are having a bumpy recovery, hang in there.

I'm still cathing myself, the meds for my bladder, while slightly helpful, aren't working as well as I think they should. Having trouble with BM and excrutiating bowel pains (worse than labor). Ran a fever last night, slight fever this a.m.

Lis
Hope your feeling better soon, just cathing yourself is huge to me, if you can do that you can handle these bm's as painful as they are. It is amazing how the piping is all connected in there and affects everything. When I have the urge to go, I need to go right away now no more holding onto anything and it is uncomfortable to go, so better to get it over with right away.
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:05 PM

My doc started me on the vivelle (not sure of the spelling) patch when I was in the hospital. I had it changed twice while I was there. It wasn't too bad. But I came home and the pharmacy must have used a different brand because the new one that I have estraderm I put on last night and I had major hot flashes after I put it on for about 2 hours. But doing ok today. No discharges, no tenderness. Just the terrible gas pains still. But walking seems to help it to at least pass.
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda bean
I just wanted to say how much all of your posts helped me get thru this. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on Friday, Aug. 10. Didn't seem very eventful. Except I was having problems with my blood pressure being really low and very low oxygen counts.
I am sorry you had such a rough go of things zeldabean. I had problems with my oxygen count as well. I live in the mountains, and our hospital is at 8500 ft. above sea level. As standard procedure, they put you on oxygen immediately, and leave you on it your entire stay. When they removed it, my count was too low, so I had to stay another day. I am so glad I didn't have to stay any longer. I also found that I was breathing very shallow - don't know if it was from pain or the meds. I hope the rest of your recovery is uneventful.
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:03 PM

I woke up in some pain this am but after standing straight and some movement it went to, as someone described, feeling like i had done 1000 tummy crunches lol.
It is now mid day and have not needed pain killers as yet. Will shower and do a walk when hubby comes in.
Have found some great music rooms on the net and love chatting to my friends worldwide.
Last night there was a fair bit of pain and bloat, i distracted with music and googling link rescources for a USA mates's online university assignment.

Why oh why is turning over in bed at night THE most painful thing?? eerrk!!!
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Doing awesome

I feel wonderful! Today is 9 days post-op. DH and I went to Atlantic City & the beach on Wednesday, Thursday, came home Friday. Don't freak ladies, Dr. said it was ok if I felt up to it. Did lots of walking, got tired, but it was still fun.

Drove my SUV for the first time today.....made me sore (seatbelt). Don't look forward to doing that again.

My IBS likes to flair up at the most inopportune times, but at least I can go....

The kids come back from the ex's on Monday. I am proud to report I finished pre-req's for nursing school the day before my surgery and my final grades just posted. I am applying with a 4.0 School starts again on Tuesday and I weighed my books......32 pounds. I am not sure how I'm going to get them from class to class yet.....

Hope everyone is feeling well, prayers to those with complications.
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:59 PM

Wow, Today I challenged myself and went to a smaller scale local art fair in my town. I am usually really fast to get through them and beat all of my family as I don't look at EVERYTHING! HAHA.... I was the last one done and it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to finish. I normally could have been done with it in about 45 minutes,but I was walking like I was 70 instead of 33! (sorry if I offend any 70 y/o!) That was the most I have walked I think in a whole day so far! I was very tired after, but did fine.
I still have gas in the belly which is uncomfortable because pants don't fit the best. (even though I have probably lost between 5-10 lbs since surgery).
Overall, I think I am finally starting to get over that hill.... I can't wait to recover more so I can get some strength back.
I have not had any spotting since day 4 or 5 post op.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register