Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

I had my surgery 8 August. I had a TVHSO. I feel great! For a couple of days about a week after surgery I got all emotional for a couple of days. Maybe because I'm weaning off the Zoloft that I was taking for PMDD as well...only half the dose for a few weeks and then none. About a week after surgery I started feeling HOT and sort of emotional, so I broke down and started the Premarin my doctor advised. It's helping. I feel GREAT and I'm looking forward to the first time in at least 10 years of no more ups and downs with pain, headaches, cramps...all that fun stuff I've had with the hormonal shift every month. Still too early to know exactly how I'll do, but so far, so good. I had no external incision to heal which is awesome. All internal...so for about 8 days I had some pain, but I'm feeling fabulous now and getting all my strength back...it's been about 15 days for me. I'm so glad I had the hysterectomy! I feel like a new woman!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Day 15

Hi all
This is my first post so I hope I do this right. I had my uterus and tubes removed on August 7th. I had a large incision but all is fine there. I was doing great with no complications but suddenly last night I started bleeding, not really heavy but like a light period. Can someone let me know if I should be concerned or whether this is a normal part of recovery. I did not have any bleeding post op.........
Thanks ladies for any help you can offer
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:26 PM

I didn't have bleeding for the first week, then started like you a small type period. My doctor said as long as I am not filling a pad not to worry about it. If it makes you uncomfortable call your doctor. Don't sit around and worry. We are all different and somehow talking to the doctor is a comforting thing. Mine is wonderful and doesn't mind me calling his office.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyd
I didn't have bleeding for the first week, then started like you a small type period. My doctor said as long as I am not filling a pad not to worry about it. If it makes you uncomfortable call your doctor. Don't sit around and worry. We are all different and somehow talking to the doctor is a comforting thing. Mine is wonderful and doesn't mind me calling his office.
Thanks
I will take your advice and check in with him tomorrow. It is not filling a pad and I have been really taking it easy today just in case.
Appreciate your help
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:22 PM

hi njoynes...on sunday, 11days postop for me, I started bleeding as well. It was kinda like a light day period, not enough for a tampon but filled the bottom of the toilet when I sat down. I called the on-call dr (I had a fever as well since Friday). The dr. said he was not concerned about the bleeding because sometimes a clot at the vaginal cuff might break loose where it was healing and some bleeding might occur. Turns out I only bled on Sunday, now I'm back to my normal spotting, discharge.

Still, if it continues or becomes worrisome DO call your dr.

And tracyd thanks for wishing me well in your post.
Lis
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:26 PM

It has been 2 weeks since i had my surgery and i feel great, I am doing the laundry(well i start it and kids put it in the dryer)and they bring it to the couch for me to fold, I am taking the girls to Soccer and Band practices every day, I have even went grocery shopping,kids carried and loaded the groceries in the car. I have to do every thing i feel like i have to do everything since my husband wont do it, He makes me so mad he would rather go fishing LOL He is to go on a big trip Saturday Fishing and I hope it rains so bad that he cant fish.I even mowed a small piece of my yard(no hills) all level, didnt make me tried. Oh well i am real busy hope everyone is doing fine. Have a good one you all.
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:36 PM

I keep reading how everyone is up and doing things and going places. I sure look forward to that day. I am so stir crazy in this house. My Dr. hasn't released me to do anything yet and I do understand why but I am going bonkers. I am really getting worried I will start watching soaps. I have decided I am going to learn to spin wool. My mother-in-law passed away about a year ago and left me her spinning wheel. She used to spin at a farm show in my husbands home town. She taught me a little, but I wish now I would have paid more attention. I ordered a video and who knows maybe I will be spinning away soon. I guess then I will have to learn to knit all the thread I learn to spin. ha, ha! Anyway it will keep me busy.
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemap08
It has been 2 weeks since i had my surgery and i feel great, I am doing the laundry(well i start it and kids put it in the dryer)and they bring it to the couch for me to fold, I am taking the girls to Soccer and Band practices every day, I have even went grocery shopping,kids carried and loaded the groceries in the car. I have to do every thing i feel like i have to do everything since my husband wont do it, He makes me so mad he would rather go fishing LOL He is to go on a big trip Saturday Fishing and I hope it rains so bad that he cant fish.I even mowed a small piece of my yard(no hills) all level, didnt make me tried. Oh well i am real busy hope everyone is doing fine. Have a good one you all.
I am lucky to have a husband that can wear the house maid skirt well! And look good! Just kidding.... He does his fair share that's for sure. I can relate on the fishing/ hunting issue. He leaves with my brother in law tomorrow afternoon for a fishing tournament that is on Saturday. It is just over an hour away from here so they want to get up there and "pre fish".... anyway, I won't see him til dinner on Saturday night. At least my kids are 7 and 10 and usually very helpful. My 7 y/o is looking forward to sleeping with me while daddy is gone for a few days! I would rather have the bed to myself, but you need to make the little girls happy while daddy is gone sometimes!
A little off subject I KNOW.... I'm just glad that I am feeling better overall since he is going to be gone for a few days.
Take care ALL!
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:42 PM

had to go to town (20km away, though I was cleared to drive DH drove me as the incision is splitting a little and the last thing I need is to brake suddenly for a suicidal kangaroo coming at me (lots around here)
I had a g/f here yesterday, we at jelly beans and chocolate and laughed ourselves sick all afternoon and even though I belly clutched I am very sore ll, worth it though.
I had lunch with DH and DS in a pub and am in bed ror a rest and checking in here before I do.
Hugs everyone.
Di

10 days post op TAH, left ovary and cervix too.
Unread 08-23-2007, 08:50 AM

Hi Jane, Thanks for the well wishes!

Had staples removed and doc said final pathology was all negative! Stage 1 only, no further treatment required!

Thank God!

Thank you all for the well wishes and the best to everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register