Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 08-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks

We had our surgeries the same day. I have days with more energy and then days that I feel tired from the moment I get up! I don't understand it either! This is a much slower recovery than I thought. I don't have any real pain in my "belly" just some minor discomfort. On my "good" days, I get more done. On the "bad" days, I just relax and put my feet up.

I have never really needed naps before...so it is humorous to sleep during the day!

Just take it one day at a time.

God bless,

Noreen[/quote]

Noreen
Amazing isn't it? I really thought I would be up swing dancing by now. Just kidding, I'm a little disappointed that I'm not feeling as well as I want to feel. I am glad that I'm not alone, and I really have nothing to complain about (lack of energy) because some of our other gal pals on here are really having a tough time. Your right on, one day I'm good to go and the next I'm flat out, so we shall see how it goes. Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Finally went for my first post surgical check up today which was just a talk with my doctor. At the 6 week he will do a vaginal exam.
Anyway, everything is going well. He reminded me that this was major surgery and even though I am feeling better every day that I am still not to do any pushing / pulling or heavy lifting. Basically protecting the vaginal cuff from becoming UN-sutured! (unfortunately as some people already know the feeling).
Other than that I am doing well. My kids are not going to be going to daycare for the next 4 weeks that I am off. (they do start school anyway on the 4th)! But I did watch my niece and nephew as well today and spent a few hours at our cottage and they entertained themselves while I chatted with my grandmother! So, that was easy sitting. (all 4 kids are ages 6-10).
Now I am finally thinking this DaVinci surgery is great! Still have some pains in the stomach area, soreness and definitely abdominal tightness which I need to work on some gentle stretching!
Continued well wishes to all!!!!
Unread 08-27-2007, 04:19 PM
still tired/ hormones

Hello ladies! I read on this site that at week 2/3 we start feeling better...then we over do it...that's why the ups and downs with our energy level. I know, yesterday I was scrubbing tubs, walking...even went to the beach (it's across the street and I see it from my house every day---I know, I'm so lucky/ I live on an island)

JeanM - About Premarin. I had night sweats for years. It started when I was 36. OMG! I would wake up soaked! I would change PJs twice a night. Couldn't sleep...off and on for 10 years! I'm 46 now. Even before my hysterectomy my doc started me on Premarin, but to me it seemed to increase my PMDD symptoms, so I wouldn't take it. After the hysterectomy (8 Aug) I held off on the hormones for about 8 days, but then decided to start the Premarin that the doc prescribed me after the surgery. I feel better. Like you, I was in church...got all teary eyed for no reason...then I got all teary eyed because my teenage son didn't understand until I explained to him that he needed to carry the 2 gallon water jug and a couple Gatorades for me. He's a teenager, why would he understand that? (he does now that I explained it) Even husbands don't always understand. So, when I was crying for no reason, being HOT and I do mean HOT...I decided I better start the Premarin. It's doing okay for me and I'm not crying at the drop of a hat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 04:44 PM

I agree about the over doing it. Some days it feels like you could carry the world and other days you just want to roll it on its way. When I went in for my post op appt at 1 week everything was great. The PA and I even discussed my Paxil and how well I felt even when I forgot to take it. She said that I could start taking it every other day. Boy, it would be great to finally be able to go off that. Paxil takes away the sex drive as well as puts weight on. I could do without the weight and I would love to have my sex drive back.
Unread 08-27-2007, 04:56 PM

Allbeadz-
I'm with you! Funny you should say that about Paxil because I've been taking Zoloft for PMDD for years. My doc told me to wean off it after the hysterectomy. So, I cut down to half a dose for a week and today I thought, I'm not taking it today. You're right about the libido. It bothers my husband more than me , but it definately takes away the pleasure when you're on meds like Zoloft/Paxil etc; I feel pretty good. Half a dose for about 8 days and now I'll do maybe half a dose every other day and then, none.
Unread 08-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Good morning ladies! It's a lovely sunny day in Singapore!

Well, here I am 3 weeks post op today but not quite sure if I can consider it 3 weeks as I had to be restitched 5 days ago. Does that mean I am now 5 days into recovery? I am not sure if my 'setback' means everything goes back to day 1? I physically feel much better than the first week after the op - probably because all the other healing (besides the restitching of the vaginal cuff) is well underway?

Emotionally I feel fine as I haven't had any of the teary outbreaks I had the first week! I feel like I am ready to go gallavanting about like a young filly but the reminder of the New Stitches holds me back! Also all the phonecalls from friends expressing their horror at my having to return to hospital last week and their, "You are not Superwoman - stay indoors and rest!" comments have definitely sunk into my very thick skull at last. And I always thought I WAS Superhuman !!! Ah, how slowly time slithers by when recovering! Actually, the DAYS are going by quite quickly - have read some great books (currently 'Who Killed Channel 9?" about the demise of the Australian TV station), am getting my Oz E-tax done at last, proofread my daughter's Uni assignments via email, consulted via telephone with clients, cuddled my cats and DH and watched heaps of the Fed Ex Cup golf - but it's the WEEKS that seem to be dragging! I keep thinking of the milestone when I can ease back into golf ... oh, and work back at the office I suppose!

I do have a question if anyone has experienced this - I kept my ovaries but all else was removed. My Dr said that the ovaries would keep working for several years as my hormone tests showed that I am supposed to be a few years away from menopause. My op was on 7th August (just after my last period) If I still had all my 'bits' I'd have my period today. Yesterday and today I have felt tenderness in the breasts and a little water retention (just as I always did before my periods) Is this normal and to be expected? Does this mean my ovaries are alive and well and I will experience this bloating every month for the next few years as a reminder that if I hadn't had a hysterectomy I'd be having a period? Hmmmm ... I thought I'd be able to forget all about that? Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

I have been so interested to read your news of how you are recovering and really appreciate all the experiences you all share. I've learned a lot and send my warmest wishes to those of you who are feeling a little low - and congratulations to those of you who are feeling great ! Keep healing well Ladies!

Jane
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:54 PM

Mine is a little lopsided also, but all the swelling seems to be going down more everyday.
Went to a Detroit Tigers game tonight, felt so good to be out in the fresh air, very tired now though so lots of rest tonight and tomorrow.
Unread 08-27-2007, 11:02 PM

I had a 1 week post op checkup at 6 days (lol), and the doc did a vaginal exam. She said everything felt great, maybe not to me at the time, but it was healing well. I have another appt at 4 and 1/2 weeks to see how things are going.

I am just like so many of the other ladies, that I have "good" days and "bad" days. Some times I feel fine, maybe a little more tired than normal, but other than that perfectly fine. Then if I do a little too much I am worn out for a day or so, not in much pain just kind of blah.

The week after my hyster was a little erratic for me.. I was PMS-ing!. 9 days after I had the hyster my period was due, how nice it was not to have it, and it was really nice not to get sick from any other bug due to the anemia! I was sick after every period for the last 4 months.. I feel really good now!

Have a WONDERFUL day!!!
Unread 08-28-2007, 02:39 AM

Hi Jane -
regarding the 'PMS with no M': I was post-menopausal before my TVH - can give you a few years - but I noticed that during the perimenopause (and a bit beyond, I think) I definitely had some sort of cycle, with breast tenderness, fliud retention and then relief, just as if I'd still been having periods. To begin with it was monthly, then more erratic as perimenopause progressed. I think the received wisdom is that as long as you have your ovaries you will get this, certainly pre-menopause - I'm not sure whether continuing post-menopause is generally acknowledged. I finally reached menopause at 55; am now pushing 62 and it's only the last couple of years I no longer exeperience it. But look on the bright side: the fact that your ovaries are still doing something (however feebly, at the end!) should be a guard againts the lack of libido, weight gain etc that we all dread.

I was 3 wks post-op yesterday, and came off my painkillers altogether 10 days ago. I'm now finding that by evening/bedtime I need to take one again, tho by morning it's fine again, and no pain during the day. Anyone else experienced this? Is it just about trying to do a little more too fast? Could it be because I've restarted pelvic floor exercises in last couple of days?

Have a good day, all - and as the countdown to 6 wks comes, make the most of the 'princess-time' - it won't come again. Special thoughts to those who haven't been pampered at all.

love, Pat
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:44 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
So wonderful to wake up and check my email first thing this morning a message from Hyster Sisters confirming that we are feeling exactly how we are supposed to feel. I am 3 weeks post - op today and I really am coming to a level of acceptance that I am feeling exactly how I am supposed to feel and "It is what it is"! One day wonderful then next flat out. My planner is full for the day and I have many tasks I would like to accomplish, I do one at a time and try to do the one that requires more energy in the morning when I wake. A little drive to the store, a nice walk, a load of laundry, and so on. I do also have the option to work from home and honestly I just can't seem to get it together yet, I have many little projects that I wanted to accomplish while I was home healing and my priorities are finally getting in order. I am going to handle cleaning my crystal cabinet one piece at a time, and reorganize my desks files one at a time while I'm home, even if it takes me the next two weeks to do, then I will focus on work. I also will not visit the office again as the Hyster Sister Post Op recommends we don't do this, I look physically ok, but I don't want them to get the wrong idea, so I'm going to refrain from visiting again. I did go into the office one day to do an interview, and that could have opened a door, but so far so good. My boss is very understanding which is wonderful as well.

My mom left and now I realize how much she was doing for me, the laundry alone was a big event yesterday, not carrying any loads, just the folding, and putting away, I did two loads yesterday and hung the curtains out on the line to dry with two towels.

I really rested yesterday afternoon, I felt like I had cramps, weird, then I read Jack088 this morning (Jane) and I'm like could it be? I kept both of my ovaries as well and my Dr said they are working well so we want to keep them. My fingers are puffy, the whole PMS thing, and yet how could I have cramping if I don't have a cervix and or uterus? Good questions Jane, maybe we should put the question out there as a seperate thing? I'm not really sure, have a wonderul day everyone. Happy healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register