Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanM
Aunt Flo is another way of referring to your period.
Thanks Jean - now I really feel silly! What else could it be ... haha ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:23 PM

Okay Ladies, 3 week check-up for me too this morning. I am so excited. No more packing the bottom infection only the top. The bottom has healed 1.5 inches since last Friday. The Dr. said all is going very well. I even went ! My first time out really in three weeks. My mom had to drive(I still can't) and I rode in the electric cart thing at the store. At first I thought it was stupid, but then thought it was kinda fun. I have to say I really felt good, happy, excited and great for the first time since my surgery.

Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive. We are so blessed to have each other to share our experiences with.
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:12 PM

tracyd - Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Jack088! You funny girl. yeah, Aunt Flo. Heard it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM

Tracyd - great news that you are feeling so much better and yay !!! that you had fun on the electric cart in the supermarket! There aren't any electric carts in supermarkets over here (aisles not as wide as in the USA) so I miss out on the perilous bumber-cart supermarket trips. I am so glad you that you are sounding so positive today - now don't you go and be a silly ninny like me and start overdoing it now that you're feeling good - one step forward at a time! Wish I could do Reiki and send us all healing vibes from afar!
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:37 PM

i went back to work last thursday. i was off only two of the 6 weeks. i couldn't see struggling on disability and i am feeling great. the scarring is minimal with the largest one of 3 visibles only a bit more than an inch. never did they bleed or ooze, but i went in a few days before my 2 week check thinking the puddle of glue was ooze. but no, doc says i'm a work of art and considering all i was doing before with the level of anemia, i should be shredding the mountains like a champ come snowboarding season. i feel bad about softball...i had to have surgery in the middle of the season. but they know why and have been very kind--checking in on me and such.

anyway, best to all my anniversary hystersisters!!! if you're doing half as well as me, we're all looking pretty **** good.

big hugs all around!

love
alv
Unread 08-28-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvacado
i went back to work last thursday. i was off only two of the 6 weeks. i couldn't see struggling on disability and i am feeling great. the scarring is minimal with the largest one of 3 visibles only a bit more than an inch. never did they bleed or ooze, but i went in a few days before my 2 week check thinking the puddle of glue was ooze. but no, doc says i'm a work of art and considering all i was doing before with the level of anemia, i should be shredding the mountains like a champ come snowboarding season. i feel bad about softball...i had to have surgery in the middle of the season. but they know why and have been very kind--checking in on me and such.

anyway, best to all my anniversary hystersisters!!! if you're doing half as well as me, we're all looking pretty **** good.

big hugs all around!

love
alv
Hi Alv - you are an inspiration! So glad you are healing so well and feeling so good! Hope your softball team is able to keep winning despite having you sidelined temporarily! Jane
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:33 AM
a new day yahoo almost at my 3 week

Good morning everyone

Jacko888 You made me laugh first thing this AM USE BY DATE, that put my feelings about lost insides to a whole different level, thanks

Aunaturall You sound stressed and sleep deprived, are you emotionally okay, my DR gave me some Ambien which has been a jewel, take it and 8 hours later you wake up on your own feeling refreshed, no aftereffects. Give that some thought. You need rest to heal.

msm216 congrats on the grandchild--I have 4 little ones and I ADORE each of them, it is so so different than with your own children. Although I long for them everyday, I have 2 in SC, and 2 in NV, I live in FL. our phone calls are precious.

chevelle
I AM WOMAN------ HEAR ME ROAR

bkjjrd6
I've been so afraid that I will never have another orgasms again, will everything work???????????????????I have been stressed about this since the surgery. Please let us know if it works ???? Well, if you don't mind. Hell we talk about BM's can't get any more personal than that.

pacmoe
Migraines will go away once the DR gets your hormones adjusted to where they should be, been there My MD does a blood test to check my levels of estrogen, progesterine, testosterone, DHEA, every 3 months until I am at the correst level that is normal for age group etc. After that I call him if there are any changes in how I feel. It took about 18 months to get it perfect and the migraines almost went away. Now we start over because I don't have anything inside me supporting any hormones, but so far the dose I am on is working great. good luck

Hey where is everyone else, there were more of us at the beginning when we all first had our surgeries, hope everyone else is doing okay, and to the rest of us that the hightlight of my day is going on line to check on everyone, happy healing. I am going to get that pedi and manicure today and will drive for the first time in 2.5 weeks. I'm off !!!!
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:38 AM

Hello To all this beautiful morning,

Can tell by how much everyone is posting that we are all feeling so much better.

Gas pains are gone and bm's are back to normal, just happend in the last couple days

Had a bacterial infection so I was put on antibiotics for the week, dr said could of been from how they clean you out after the surgery, maybe washed out to much of the good bacteria. Seems to be better but I am still spotting a little, light pink, just wondering if anyone else is also spotting some. I did read a couple places that it is normal around the 3 week mark.

Energy level is coming back, I did some dishes yesterday, a couple loads of laundry and even ran the vacuum, felt a bit of a strain in my back after so took a long rest, guess my muscles are letting me know they haven't been used in a while.

I agree with the mixed emotions on seeing the young pregnant ladies in the dr's office, it just makes me smile to myself, they have so much to look forward to in their lives, but now we do also, no more pain, periods. We can truly relax and enjoy!!!
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM

I have been spotting, light bleeding since the beginning. My Dr. told me not to worry. I wait daily for it to stop forever

I am interested in the whole sex avenue. A little nervous as well. I hope it's something that is okay to discuss on here. Like Jane said we discuss everything else. Not released for anything yet and with everything else I am going through it's okay.

I am glad as well to see everyone doing well.

Lil'ol'me how is the cath thing going? Haven't heard from you in awhile.
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM

Hi Everyone:

Great to see so many of you are doing well and you all make me smile with your candidness. I'm 2.5 weeks now and was doing pretty well except for overdoing it. My daughter needed to go somewhere on Monday and no one could take her so I thought let me try I will only be about an hour. I ended up being out for 4 hours yikes, I was exhausted when I got back and let me tell you driving was very scarey. I was petrified that someone was going to hit me and my seatbelt was going to slam into my poor swelly belly. I was very nervous. I did have something there to protect it but I was still afraid. But I did it and by the trip home I was fine with the driving but exhausted. I spent yesterday resting and napping. Got to love those naps. Today I'm planning another day of resting but I have terrible gas pains again which I haven't had for a few days. So I'm trying to figure out if it was something I ate or the pain killer I took last night I have been just taking motrin during the day but occasionally at night I need to take something a little stronger to help me sleep and boy these pains today. Feel's like week 1.

On another note my DH has been great with getting the laundry done and the vacumming and when I when I'm feeling great I can always count on him to tell me he can tell I'm feeling better. He tells me it is how I walk - LOL.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I guess we all need to remember that even though we are feeling better we still need to rest and not rush doing things and to watch what we eat - LOL

Moushiel - have you been taking bio-identical hormones? I've been researching the difference between those and some of the synthetic ones. Sounded like that is what you had been doing and wanted to now how it worked for you. My doc has me trying some patches right now and she said that they are similar to the bio-identical except that it is just a general dose as opposed to a pill that has been made to an exact order for you. We are trying these now to see how they work. But I have been getting headaches like some of you. I thought it was part of the recovery process but maybe it is the hormone thing.

to everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register