Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 08-11-2007, 07:44 PM
3 days post LAVH

Hi all...just checking in to give my daily update.

Still cathing myself...gradually making progress...slow but steady.

Took myself off of Percoset yesterday, started Lortab (hydrocodone) today...Feeling MUCH better.

Haven't really passed much gas, but don't feel too bloated...had first BM today...not bad either.

Kids are coming home tomorrow, school starts monday...I'm trying not to do too much which is really hard.

Hope everyone else is doing well and progressing steadily.
Lis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

This is my first post also. I had my LAVH on Monday August 6th and was in the operating room for 6 hours. I was home the next day and have NO complaints other than being very tired, especially the first 2 days. I have to make myself not do anything since I'm feeling so well. I'm really shocked at how well I do feel.
Unread 08-11-2007, 08:11 PM
5th day post op & feeling good!

It's been 5 days since my LAVH and I can't believe how well I'm feeling! No soreness, no pain and no bleeding (so far!)

Haven't needed any painkillers the past 3 days so I'm feeling really clear headed and not so emotional now. I think all the support from DH has made a huge difference.

BM's are normal (I think) now as the past 3 days they have been happening - I think it's the combination of Fybogel in the morning, 6 pitted prunes and Corn Flakes mixed with All Bran for brekkie! Works like a dream! And, hey ... no gas!!!

I am so grateful for this website as I've learned so much and reading everyone's experiences has answered a lot of the questions swimming around in my head. Wishing you all a good day today and smooth recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:41 PM
home sweet home

hello~
i am home since yesterday and doing well. i had a LAVH and besides the gas pressure, am doing ok. my dr has been an angel--called me several times and reassured me that everything went as well as we could have hoped. the most unexpected thing--hadn't heard anything of it here--was that i had areas around my neck and collarbone area that felt --like bubbles were popping. dr said: rice krispies? exactly! they were because of the anemia and the oxygen that was given to me while i was under. can't remember the exact term she used, but wanted to mention it here in case anyone else experiences it and thinks they are going crazy....no, it's real. not uncomfortable or painful, just weird. otherwise, i'm doing good. bored but not in a lot of pain except if i cough or strain and just for that moment and then it quickly subsides.

smiles!
Unread 08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Recovering

Hello I had my surgery August 8,2007 and came home on August 10,2007. I had my surgery at 8am and was in my room recovering by noon and i was in so much pain,finally my husband was by me and he noticed the floor was wet by where my pain meds were coming from, i wasnt even getting the meds the floor was getting some meds. I was in tears,It was worst then giving birth. well they got the meds fixed so i was getting them and not the floor getting them. by the evening i just wanted to get up out of that bed so i walked to the bathroom about 5 times in 8 hours,then the next day i was getting up on my own and walking the halls. But i was taking my pain pills every 4 hours. They gave me a horome shot before i came home to help with the hot flashes, I go Thursday to get my staples out (21) and they will decide what horome therpy i will be on, i can say is that i dont want to be on 1 that makes me gain weight and helps with the hot flashes.So if anyone has any ideas that works great please let me know. Thank You Pamela
Unread 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Home & doing well

I had a TAH on 8/7 and was discharged on 8/10. My surgery went very well - lasted about 2 1/2 hours, removed the fibroids, uterus & cervix, minimal blood loss. I am so excited I got to keep my ovaries and the only organ that had to be moved was the small intestine. I had to stay an extra night because my oxygen count was too low. I had the Foley catheter for a little over a day, but no pain from it while it was in or during removal. I had a huge appetite & thirst a few hours after surgery, but could only do clear liquids. The second day, I had no appetite & was very naseous. The hospital stay was good, nurses were very kind & attentive. I am currently taking hydrocodone every 4 hours, but have reduced it from 2 pills to 1. Will work on trying to change that to the OTC meds this week. I actually felt really good yesterday and think I overdid it a bit, as my belly hurt pretty bad last night. Today I have been in bed or on the couch most of the day. I am happy to hear that everyone is healing so well.
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:09 PM

Hello everyone, LAVH on the 7th, home on the 8th and was feeling pretty good until yesterday, I started with a low grade fever and scared myself, DH, and my Mom who is here helping me recover. Not sure what happened I just felt like I had a cold when I woke up in the morning, I slept almost all day, had the chills and that is when Mom says "we bettery check your temp", Dr. said it is common when we stop taking the pain meds, that I may not be doing deep breathing and that causing the lungs to act out, and give off a cold like symptons. Lots of liquids deep breathing, and rest. I woke up this morning fever gone and I feel better. Amazing, so I am just trying to rest, not over do it breath deeply. I do know that I was extremely uncomfortable because my bowels were not coopertating and finally all the stool softners, and special teas (smooth move) worked. What a relief, to get that baggage out of my bottom half. It is nice to read how all you other ladies are doing with your recovery, hope everyone continues to keep us updated as we enter our next full week of recovery.
Unread 08-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Back from first check up after op

Hi Everyone - I just got back from my Dr's check up this morning and had the 4 small stitches from the laparascopic incisions removed. All looks good there thank goodness! Am only bleeding a little bit and no pain so all seems well.

The only thing is that I seem to burst into tears mid-sentence every once in a while and I'm not an emotional person usually - am known to be so practical but this week things have been a little upside down I guess!

I am feeling a little down as I was supposed to fly to Sydney to see my 2 daughters (one working and one at Uni in Sydney) this coming Thursday and I was so looking forward to it. Of course this has to be postponed so that made me more emotional! Even thought they are 21 and 19 I just miss them as they are such terrific kids.

Anyway, the healing is going well and I have been having showers and walking around the house with no problem. It just takes a little longer to get things done! Am itching to get back to work but have been advised to take the rest of this week off. The Dr said that next week (going into Week 3) I should be fine to work again as long as I don't stand up all the time - a bit hard when I conduct group workshops!! Will figure it out and have a chair handy for when it's needed!

I hope everyone is going well. Speedy recoveries for you all!
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:43 AM

TAH/right oopherectomy and salp. on Weds., didn't get to come home til Saturday due to slow bowel response and lots of spectacular vomiting. Finally having solid bm today and have appointment to have staples removed. Skin discolored from bruising, small problems with discharge (doing too much, probably).
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Well, I've been home since Friday night. Finally feeling up to posting.
My surgery started at 11 am (DaVinci Robotic Uterus/Cervix only and of course the rest of the endo). I was out of recovery after 3pm I believe, yet not 100% sure! The only bad thing about coming too was that I felt like I was having an asthma attack and couldn't breathe well??!! They assurred me that my O2 sats were 100% , then gave me some good drugs and finally everything calmed down.
I finally talked the nurse into letting me go home at 8:15pm (had been asking since 7 pm) since I wasn't going to feel any better there vs. at home anyway.
These last few days have been interesting, very painful gas pains making very difficult to take deep breathes and walk and I do have some good belly pain from all the endo on my right side. At least the gas pain is subsiding.
The first few days I was having issues with near fainting spells.....???!!! I am not a fainter. However the few things that might cause this are lack of food over several days (slowly improving) and the fact that I take some meds that can affect my heart rate (for migraine prevention)... so that's what I am thinking.
Every day gets better and you feel less pain overall. I can start seeing the light!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register