Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Hi Kentucky Gal,
I also live in the "boonies", went to town by myself for the first post-op time yesterday... surgery was the 9th of Aug. Exhausted, but it felt so good to get out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 12:51 PM

Coyoteepaw,
Thank you for giving me hope. I really feel ready but I also feel so scared. I keep a blankie between me and the seatbelt but I don't want to injure myself or anyone else for that matter. But you have given me hope..Thank you.

Bonzo,
Congratulations on your lab results. I know you must feel a big relief off of your shoulders now. I got mine back about 2 wks ago and there was no sign of cancer. Yippee.

Healing is a good thing.

Kentucky Gal
TAH
Unread 08-30-2007, 04:50 PM

I am sorry if I always seems to be the downer, but I just don't know how much more of this I can take. The home health care nurse came today and called my Dr. because my bottom infection that we thought Tuesday was doing so well is not undermining, which means it is spreading horizontally under the skin. I am so depressed. I have done everything I was told to do. I have been crying all day and feel like I must be acting like a big baby. Now they have to do other gross stuff and now it is starting to hurt because the outer layer of skin is healing and the blood flow is increasing which enables the nerves to heal. Great huh? The wrongs things are healing at the wrong time. Thank you all for listening to me and being there for me. Sorry if I sound so depressing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 04:56 PM
not healing well

tracyd-
Bless your heart. I'm sorry. So, when are you going back to the doctor? And what's next?
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:04 PM

I see the Dr. again on Tue. I only know that they are using a special cleaning stuff and cleaning it out twice a day and will continue until Tues and see what the Dr. says. He said I could go back on pain meds again for the pain, but I really don't want to do that. We'll see. He isn't really telling me much. He's says we just have to wait and see what it does.
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:17 PM
tracyd

All right then. I'm gonna get out my special prayer book for you. I'm sorry you're depressed. Try to find something positive to take your mind off of it. Relax. Have a special/ fancy drink and enjoy it. I just like Perrier with a twist of lemon or lime in it.

Do whatever you have to do...watch a special movie that you enjoy..

It's just not fair, is it? (that you have this setback)
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Hi Tracyd...so sorry that you're doing a roundabout. I was so happy for you, thinking that you were healing nicely. Sit back, let the home health nurses do their work, and just take it easy. I'll be thinking of you and wishing for your wounds to heal. I know it's hard not to get down in the dumps when you keep getting these setbacks. We have to keep our chins up and trudge on though. Best wishes tracyd...we're rootin' for ya.
Lis
Unread 08-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Oh, Tracyd!

We are all here for you. I know it seems dim, but there will be a better day --- Maybe tomorrow! I will keep thinking healing thoughts for you and a pryer never hurts. If you need to take the meds for pain, take them. It will help you in the long run.
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:52 PM

Hello everyone, I am so sorry to hear that TracyD is having such an awful time with the healing of her wound. Thank goodness that you have a nurse coming in and helping you, and that it is summer time. I was thinking today that if the weather was not sunny how much harder the healing would be. Mentally this is a challenge and if the sun didn't shine like in our winter months, I'm sure it would be much more difficult.

Today I was more tired then yesterday, but still a great day. I am very pleased with the way I feel better each and every day. All of us will turn the corner and when you do ladies it will be like a breath of fresh air. Happy healing.
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Tracyd,

Oh Sweetie I am so sorry with all your dealing with. I want you to know that I have an open incision as well. I had a complete hyst (still have the overies.) I had mine on the the 10th. I am healing so slow but healing just the same. Please try and keepyour spirts up . I so do not regret the surgery but but the healing process is so different for each one of us. My tummy hurts, I do not sleep so well, I get scared being home alone and sometimes just cry. Please realize that your not alone. You have lots and lots of love and support.

I am sending you a great big hug and all the best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register