Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 09-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

tracyd

This is just not fair for you, know that we sisters are all sending out positive vibrations for that nasty infection to go to Matilda's house. Hang in there one more obstatle to overcome, remember it can't get any worse, so what's next is going to be good. It's okay to cry, you are NOT a baby but an inspiration to all of us. Rest and heal!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 12:22 PM
hey who

Well, I really did it!!! Thursday as all of you know, I had pedi, maicure, then that evening off to dinner and listen to a favorite band. Well I actually had a drink and wow did I feel it. Did our uterus, ovaries and the other stuff in "there" help absorb an alcoholic beverage, because normally one drink doesn't make me that mellow. Anyone got home at 11:00 I was so hurting in my belly, and thought if I get a hangover!!!!!

Well slept well no hangover and decided to push my luck and go shopping. Went to the big bathingsuit sale and thought I might find one or two and try on at home. Not me, miss shopaholic, had to try them on, bought 4, went to lunch with my sister, (for a rest) then on to Marshalls. Now we all know how you get lost in Marshalls. I hung on to the carriage leaning for dear life but was not going to lose out on anything I might like. Well I bought jerseys, shoes, of course shoes, although I have been wearing flip flops since my surgery, but anyway. After an hour, I must have walked that store twice, my sister brought me home. Thought I was going to die. But I got a second wind and off to dinner with friends. Now realize this, my husband is getting the impression that I must be all better.

Woke up this morning at 11:00 and I could back to bed again I am so so tired and so sore. So for the rest of today I am staying in my pj's and rest up. I guess that half way mark is exactly what the MD said. Half way. I thought I could do it all. Not

So the fool who thought she could trick nature, me, now has to convince DH that maybe I can't go back to work, or have a social life before her 6 weeks is over. Well I tryed.

Hope you are all having a good Saturday. Didn't anyone else celebrate the 3 week mark besides me.

Unread 09-01-2007, 01:33 PM

Hey Everyone it's Zelda Bean:

Good to know that so many of you are doing well. I have not had a good time. The last time I wrote I was not feeling well. Well, I ended up taking a trip to the hospital in an ambulance on Wednesday and spent Wednesday night and most of Thursday in the emergency room. I had emergency surgery on Thursday night for a Hernia (apparently I have been doing to much, Plus being violently ill after my hysterectomy I probably broke some stitches inside and didn't know) But I'm home today after my second abdominal surgery in two weeks. With strict orders to not do anything!!!!

I'm going to live through you guys healing well for the next few weeks and now that I had this little set back and will be up and about soon I hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 01:43 PM

Yes Zelda, you take it easy! That is horrible.

I guess some of us start taking this MAJOR surgery for granted when we start feeling better! It's easy to do.
I reminded my husband today that I am still on the mend even though I can physically handle more, some days I pay for it. He seems to understand, but I feel the need to remind him! HAHA...

Take care of yourself Zelda and everyone else that has had setbacks! This is not an easy road for all of us! God Bless!
Unread 09-01-2007, 02:03 PM

Oh Zelda,

I am so sorry that you had to have another surgery. You rest and take it easy do not do anything. My best wishes to you and remember to follow your doctors orders.

My problem is my incision is still open. It has been open since the 14th of August. The doctor said it is healing well but I am still very frustrated with it. I had a hematoma (sp) that is what caused my incision to come open. They used glue on me. I should not complain though as I seem to be doing well other wise. Still have the swelly belly and my appetite has yet to come back. I go back to the Dr. on the 11th then I should find out if I can go back to work or not.

Hello to all my sisters hope all is well .
Unread 09-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi there

Hi, this is my first post as i've been recovering from my vaginal hyst., bladder sling (my own fascia), A&P repair. I've been comforted in knowing i'm not the only one out there going through this process and even complications that i'm faced with. I have been healing fine for 3weeks now, with one major issue to contend with... I can't void (just 10-20cc sometimes) and need a catheter to do my business about 9 times a day. For the first 10 days I couldn't even dribble a drop. This has been very hard for me to deal with as I didn't even know this was a possibility, just the general idea that injuries could occur. Plus my doctor said i'd be able to tend to my normal "stay at home" activities in a coupla weeks... not. I can't carry too much without getting a twinging pain in my pelvis. I've been told by dr. that there may still be swelling and irritation in the bladder. I'm on vesicare to control the bladder spasms, ibu800, colace, pyridium, microbid. Dr wants me to try to stop the vesicare tomorrow and "see what happens". I wonder if the sling was overcorrected, i didn't have much of a leaking problem to begin with. Dr. says its not in too tight. I just want some answers. DH and I are thinking of asking dr (gyn) for a referral to a uro soon. Maybe there will be something a uro can explain to pinpoint/fix my problem. I just feel like i went through all of this pain and surgery and recovery only to get ripped off of the quality of life I was reaching for, my life at 36yo is worse than before. Thanks for letting me vent, you're the only ones who can really relate.
I pray for the Lord's healing hands on all of your lives and may this experience make us all stronger, more compassionate people. Marcie
Unread 09-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone

This is also my first posting.. I had my TAH & bladder sling done Aug 8, 2007, I'm not having any problems with my bladder, in fact it was working great day after surgery..I'm not feeling to bad except if I over do myself, I have a sharp pain in my right side, & I bleed some...but other than that I don't feel too bad, My husband & I walked up to the end of our street today to watch our local parade, (my husband took a chair for me to sit in), It felt like I waked up a steep hill..Hope that gets better...Good luck to everyone & glad to meet ya all.
Unread 09-01-2007, 04:02 PM

Hi lv2 and Nessia Welcome

LV, I am sorry your having problems. I know exactly what you mean by quality of life. Prior to my surgery I never knew when I was going to start bleeding it was awful. I ended up with anemia even with the Dr. putting me on the Depro Lupron Shot for 90 days. I was bleeding from Memorial Day all the way till my surgery date on the 10th. The anemia was bad enough I had to take procrit shots (still getting those). They make you feel like crap or at least for me they do. I had my TAH and did not have to have any other repairs but like I said earlier by incision came open a bit. It looks like I have another mouth add eyes and a nose and I would have a tummy puppet.

You have every right to ask for a referal. You and only you know your body the best. This would also put your mind at ease. This entire process takes so much out of a person both on the physical as well as the mental side. I often wonder when I will feel "Normal" again.

Hugs and support to all the sisters.
Unread 09-01-2007, 09:16 PM

Hello to all

Zelda and Lv2 how are you doing? Your all in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep safe do not do too much. Remember the path to healing is the one we map on our own and only do what is with in our reach.
Unread 09-01-2007, 09:18 PM
overdoing it, ya'll!

All you gals doing too much. I know, I do it too. And Yes, we do pay for it. I'm going on 4 weeks post op and back to work on Friday...I still have 4 more days off. I think I'm doing great, but I still hurt. I still get tired. I feel for those of you with repeat visits to the ER, ambulance rides and additional complications...catheterizing and everything. I'm A-OKay with no complications, but I still have ups and downs, tired, pain, hot flashes, headaches...But, I'm coming around. I just want to get back to my old self.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register