Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 09-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Ms Brady, I know what's wrong with your husband...same thing that happens to my husband after awhile...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2007, 03:40 AM

Mine too!
think they do a brilliant job of looking after us short-term, while the drama lasts (some do, anyway!) - but the poor dears don't have the stamina for the long haul!
Actually, I guess they're facing similar fears to ours: will this healing ever be complete? will sex hurt? etc. Probably worrying about not hurting us when we get back to sex, + worry for us, + (the biggest!) fear that they'll always be looking after us, and things will never revert (reverse?) back to normal - which is us looking after them.

I really am off on holiday in 5 minutes, so this is positively my last appearance here - but I couldn't resist just checking on you all first.

Lots of love!
Pat
Unread 09-08-2007, 08:19 AM

I've been lucky that my DH has been really very supportive. He so far has not gotten tired of taking care of me. Which is good since I had that little set back. Mine will probably be like that later in the month. I do know that he is worried about sex when the doc gives the ok for it. They really do worry that they are going to hurt us etc. So it could be a way for your DH's to be a little up tight becaus they worry that they are not going to get their wives back and that sex will not be the same. Men do show emotions differently then we do.

I've been reading all your posts and some of you are doing so great with the going back to work, walking, resting. I have complete faith that I will get there as well. I have been feeling good the last few days and getting around. But yesterday I started running a low temp so far it has only gone up to 100 degrees (but my temp is never 98.6 usually it is 96.8) so it is a slight fever for me. I have kept it under control which motrin but it is back up again this morning and I feel achy. I have checked my incision and it looks fine but it does hurt to touch a little. So keep your fingers crossed that it is just a little virus or something. I just want to get better like the rest of you. I'll keep you posted my doc told me to call if my fever goes up past 101. Anway it is beautiful out here in New England today so I will try to sit on the porch and get a little fresh air.

Enjoy your weekend ladies and happy healing. Thanks for always being there for me to listen to, tell stories to and share laughs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Husbands

Dear Sisters,

I have been fortunate to have had a normal healing process so far. I am back to the doctor on Friday (will be almost 6 weeks) and hope that I am given the "green light" to get back to my normal activities. My DH was very supportive the first week home from the hospital. After that, he had to go on the road for work and has been gone more than he has been home. I have adapted but remind him when he is home that I am still recovering! I avoid heavy lifting and vacuuming...but have been able to do everything else.

As for the sex, I am looking forward to it! Based on how I felt before...it can only be an improvement!

I can't wait to exercise and feel like I have gained a few pounds. Normalcy will be great...but the healing still takes months even after the clearance from the doctor!

Special prayers to everyone on their healing process!

God bless,

Noreen
TLH/BSO
Unread 09-08-2007, 12:41 PM

I am so sorry for you ladies who are having husband "problems". My DH took the whole 6 weeks off! He took FMLA. Had to jump through a million hoops for that, but it all worked out in the end. Next week will be his last week at home. Well, one more day after that. He goes back to work 9/18 because I have a dr. appt. (6 weeks) on the 17th so he took that day off, too! I am sooooo thankful and grateful to him for all the care he has given me. He has been wonderful! He said it is my turn, I have earned this "rest". We have been married almost 27 years and have 4 children. He says I have spent so many years taking care of the house, the kids, and him that I have earned this. Silly guy! The house isn't as clean as I would like it, but I just overlook all that. He is such an attentive man.

I can't wait for the "green light" either! Sex was so painful for so long, so I know it will be an improvement!

Yes; nsm216, we have to remember that the total healing will take many more months! I know I expect too much out of myself! But I can't wait to exercise, too! That will feel good. Just to be painfree, not bleeding everywhere, have a good quality of life! Yay!

Keep healing sisters! Rest, and don't do too much!
Unread 09-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Hello ladies, I seem to be getting restless. I haven't been anywhere except to the ER. Today my DH is taking me out. Sams club, supermarket, video store, and pet store. I can't wait!
I'm not doing any house work as I've been told. My mom has been over taking care of stuff so not to completely overwhelm my DH.
I was wondering if anybody is still not bending over? It's been 4 weeks since my TAH and I'm afraid to bend. I do have a hematoma and still on pain medication. Needless to say I think my recovery is taking FOREVER. I go see my doc on 9-11. Hopefully she will reassure me that I'm doing just fine. Really though I haven't been out doing anything. I hope I haven't forgotten how to drive. lol.
Take care, Maggie
Unread 09-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink
Hello ladies, I seem to be getting restless. I haven't been anywhere except to the ER. Today my DH is taking me out. Sams club, supermarket, video store, and pet store. I can't wait!
I'm not doing any house work as I've been told. My mom has been over taking care of stuff so not to completely overwhelm my DH.
I was wondering if anybody is still not bending over? It's been 4 weeks since my TAH and I'm afraid to bend. I do have a hematoma and still on pain medication. Needless to say I think my recovery is taking FOREVER. I go see my doc on 9-11. Hopefully she will reassure me that I'm doing just fine. Really though I haven't been out doing anything. I hope I haven't forgotten how to drive. lol.
Take care, Maggie
I worried about the driving as well. I've never enjoyed driving but live in an area where there is no public transportation. I drove for the first time last Saturday with DH in the car. Went out alone to the supermarket the next day, then again on Tuesday (drug store), and Thursday. Yesterday I drove about 10-15 miles--the longest I'd driven yet (the other trips were under a mile). I'll admit it was scary because it was just before rush hour and there was a lot of traffic. I was tired afterward and had to take a nap, BUT, on the plus side, I felt better about the long drive I'll have next week to my Drs office for my check-up. I'll also have to start driving 15 miles each way to work beginning 9/24 or so. For me, driving was a major milestone and one I was definitely dreading. Take it slow--just a short hop at first with another driver in the car. It's amazing how one's stomach muscles are involved with the leg and thigh muscles. Also, I felt very vulnerable on the longer trip yesterday. I tried not to think about things like having a flat tire or a traffic accident (had someone back end my car in May), but couldn't stop worrying about those possibilities. Still, I did it, and that makes me feel that I am getting back to "normal."
Unread 09-08-2007, 01:45 PM

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing? Sounds like lots are on the road to recovery.

I puttering around the house today. My DH is at school and my son is out with his friends. It is so hot here in Vegas. I am ready for winter.

I am so sick of this darn swelly belly. I would also like to know when intestinal track will return to normal. I sould not complain as this is all part of the healing process. I could still be bleeding like a stuck pig.

Maggie, I go back to the Dr. on the 11th as well and we had surgery the same day. I had a hematoma as well. That is what caused my incision to come open. I do not bend over unless I have to and when I do I bend it is at the knees very very slowly. I have also used kitchen tongs for things I drop. I have been driving but not very far.

Take care ladies and best wishes.

LA
Unread 09-08-2007, 06:11 PM

Hi everyone

I've been reading about some of you and hot flashes/night sweats. I bought the book "Sudden Menopause" from the Hystersister bookstore. Good book by the way for those of us going through what is called Surgical Menopause. What is suggested is a group of vitamins as follows:

Vitamin E, 400 IU dose, 1-2 doses per day
Calcium, 500-600 mg per dose, 2-3 doses per day
Magnesium, 400 mg daily
Vitamin C, 500 mg per dose, 1-2 doses per day

I am doing the lower doses per day and let me tell you it is wonderful. It took about 3 or 4 days to notice the difference, but now I don't experience any of it. I call it my vitamin cocktail. Just thought I would share if anyone is interested.

Tracy
Unread 09-08-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle
Ladies! I have passed over to the other side. Back to the full on work routine. The (annoying) 05:15 alarm going off in the darkness...the entire 8 hour day without a nap. Well when I talk to my brothers about any concerns I ever have in life, the listen with an open heart and mind and their response, and I quote, "it aint that bad"! (it's a joke with us)...so again, going to work "aint that bad"!

Aunaturale - Premarin, huh? Well I don't like it. I started it and quit. I have a Vivelle patch rx on standby if I need it. I can relate to the interrupted sleep/night sweats. I had that for years. Don't have it now, but that goes back 10 years with me...when I was 36. It's awful! So hopefully the Premarin does you well.

Jacko888- Meltdown? I've had that happen too. Sounds like you waaaaaaayyyyyyy overdid it that day and your body/mind let you know. I felt great one day and did quite a bit too and that evening I was so exhausted I sat on the couch and napped to Kingdom Come!

Lil Ol Me - DIAL UP????? Well, whatever works I guess! It keeps you connected with all the ladies. (I'm just kidding...I had dial up and now have fiber optic internet...what a difference!) Hey, it all connects!

Acirerema - welcome! I had my check up at 4 weeks as well. No 2 week check for me.

All you ladies, it's great hearing from you all. Sorry about your surgery site concerns, Tedebrlvr. Hope you're feeling better.

I feel Gypped. I went to my 4 weeks post op appt and I didn't get to see MY doc whom I adore! He's in another country right now. He's so awesome! Well, I saw another doc who was very, very nice, but I feel "ripped off". LOL!

All you ladies that are hot at 75 degrees! It's 95 here most of the time and it costs an arm and a leg for Air Con! My DH got our bill after I was home for a month and he said, "it was 600 dollars!" I said, "sorry, I'M HOT!" Then after I went to see the doc for my 4 weeks post op I came home and told him the electric bill "aint that bad"...no sex for 2 more weeks! That's right, ladies, 6 weeks.

You all take care!

Mary
ahhhh Mary, they didn't put me on Premarin, they put me on 1mg(why bother?)estradiol and it doesn't work!!! It was great the first 24 hours and now its like I never took anything at all again. Anyone know if I can take two at a time?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register