Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Good morning ladies, I am grateful that I was able to keep my ovaries, my heart goes out to those of you who will be dealing with HRT. Once your regulated though I hear it is very nice, my friend did hers years ago and she said once they figured out the correct balance she was fine, slid right through without a problem.

I am feeling really well, I still don't go to the Dr until the 24th of this month, but I will be returning to work on the 17th full time. I am currently working from home and truly don't feel normal yet, but way better then I did in the beginning. I am able to walk 3 miles now and the only complaint was that my butt hurt, probably from sitting on it for so long. That means the walking is working and I'm very pleased.

Does anyone still have a discharge? I still have to wear some protection and change numerous times throughout the day. Not a heavy discharge just a light wetness that I'm very aware of. The pink is almost gone, but I really thought by now this would be over.

Happy healing ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Well it's Monday

Hi Everyone

Zelda Bean

I also have an indent in my stomach below my belly button that showed up last week. I thought it was the MD pulled a couple stitches way too tight.

I am going into my 4th week and I am still sore inside. I still can't sllep on my belly, and without assistance of a pillow can't sleep on my sides either. I have become a back sleeper, half sitting half laying because I cannot lie flat either. Is anyone feeling this as well. I just want to feel normal, no sorespots.

I wanted to return to work part time this week but yesterday I did some shopping with DH and after walking Costco a few times I was holding my lower belly and was uncomfortable the remainder of the day. Anyone else. I didn't have any setbacks in my surgery, all went according to plan. I usually have a very high pain threshold so this is kind of wiggin me out.

I never had any bleeding, none, just a little discharge ( think because I am taking HRT ) which is normal.

Other than that I emotionally feel great, my moods are normal, if it wasn't for my surgical area I would be dancing.

Okay I have complained enough, just wanted feedback from anyone else feeling like this. I thought by this time I would be normal !!!!!

LAVH 8/10 kept nothing
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:29 AM

Catherine~~~glad to hear you are walking 3 miles! Good for you! That is awesome. I am walking, too, but not that far. Keep it up!

Yes, I still have a discharge. It is kinda yellowish and light. I just wear a pantiliner and don't need to change it during the day. But I am using premarin vaginal cream every night, so that could be part of my discharge.

You are lucky to keep your ovaries; mine were full of cysts and tumors, I didn't have a choice. I am just praying that God will help me as I balance the hormones and take the right meds. Right now the premarin is working just fine. If it ceases to work, then we will go from there. I just wish there was one right answer that was right for everyone; but there isn't!

Good luck as you go back to work. Take care and happy healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:31 AM

Hi,
My rib cage hurts after I have been sitting at the computer for a while... any of you have that problem?

LAVH/BSO/A&P REPAIR Aug 9th
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Computer experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteepaw
Hi,
My rib cage hurts after I have been sitting at the computer for a while... any of you have that problem?

LAVH/BSO/A&P REPAIR Aug 9th
How long a while do you sit at the computer? Has anyone who used a computer most of the day returned to work? If so, what has been your experience?
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:40 AM

Hi- I am feeling exactly like you. What a relief! I had a TAH on the 16th and still have my ovaries and cervix. I have barely bled except a day or 2 in the hospital. My only complaint is the pain when I cough or sneeze. I still feel like I might bust a seam! I am working retail now a few days a week and for only 4 hours. I do feel tired and a little heavy in the vaginal area in the evening though. I am laying down as much as I can. I am glad to know I that I am not alone. We must have gotten some good DR. Have a great Monday!!
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Getting nervous about returning to class tomorrow...

Part of me is sooooo wishing to be normal - I want to be running and exercising and getting on with things. Getting back to teaching is a first step.

At the same time, I feel so vulnerable! I feel like as long as everything goes normally, I will be fine. But all it will take is one run in with a parent or student, or the equipment to break or just about any abnormal interuption, and I am afraid it will be too much.

I will work tomorrow and leave early for a doc appt. Then I work Wed and leave early, off Thursday to rest, and work Friday. I teach HS and I can sit on a chair or stool as I need to. I really do think it will be okay.

I find I am sore in the evening if I wear pants.. and I do get the swelly belly throughout the day. So finding work clothes is going to be a small issue...I keep hoping the weather will finally turn...jackets and long sleeves can help cover a multitude of sins. And will help me feel like walking more. It is already 92 at lunch time.... hot, hot hot... the hottest summer on record since 1953 they say.

I kept my ovaries -- so far have had no hot flashes or anything, but I have been told your ovaries can go into "shock" for a short time. Wondering if they do that right away, or could I still have a hot flash at some point in the near term? That would be a rude awakening in class! WIll ask the doc about that tomorrow...

Yikes! Back to work!
WC
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:51 AM

I'm at the computer off and on through the day, there isn't a whole lot else to do where I live. I did do some housework yesterday. When I do go back to work Saturday, it will be on the feet, twisting and pushing things across the scanner, 8 hours a day. Then I am off Dunday, back to work Monday....
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:53 AM

sorry, can't seem to spell today
Unread 09-10-2007, 11:16 AM

Hi everyone:

Good to hear so many of you are up and about. I am excited for when I will be able to be up and about. I just want to remind all of you to rest up when you do get home from work and running errands. I don't want anyone in the boat I'm in right now.

I wanted to ask have any of you had trouble sleeping. I just can't sleep. I wake up everynight around 3:00 and can't fall back to sleep till 5:00 and then I have to get up around 6:30. I have been having a terrible time trying to catch up on my sleep during the day. So on Sunday I said maybe I won't take a nap during the day so I can sleep Sunday night. That didn't work I got 1 1/2 hours of sleep last night. I have had a terrible headache and been hot/cold etc. Not sure if it is my fever from my infection or my hormones. Not sure what doc to call. LOL

I have been using these estraderm patchs that I hate. They are consistantly falling off especially when I'm in the shower. So my doc perscriped me a different kind but I'm cheap so I want to finish this box up first so I have one left. Anyone else using patches that fall off? I want to try a brand that works better. She gave me a vivelle to use next which is what I used when I was in the hospital but since I didn't take a shower or move to much in the hospital I will have to see how these work.

Jacko888 - glad to hear you are doing better and hope your hubby is feeling better soon.

Moushiel: I get really exhausted and know how your feel about the belly hurting after moving around too much. I know I had an additional surgery but even before I thought I wasn't healing as well as other's were and like you I normally have a very high tolerance to pain so this whole experience has really thrown me for a loop.

Coyoteepaw- My rib cage bothers me too when I sit at the computer for awhile and I don't sit all day it is just on and off but if it is more than 15 minutes my tummy and rib cage bother me.

Continued healing to all and to those of you that are back at work & out and about exercising remember to pamper yourself when you get home.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register