Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 08-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

All I did was continuously drink water, no pop or anything else, and took a little Milk of Mag. for 3 days and it finally worked yesterday for the first time (twice) and once this AM without any significant pushing either! Isn't great to get so excited over a BM! I wasn't eating too many solids prior to my first BM though, just starting to get an appetite back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 10:01 AM

I know what you mean about doing too much! My LAVH was 8-7 and I feel great, but when I rode to town with a friend yesterday and did the tiniest bit of walking...whew, it really tires you out!
All in all my recovery has been great though, I was already on hormones before the surgery due to my ovaries not working properly so maybe that is why I haven't noticed as much weepiness.
I am going incredibly stir-crazy though - I don't see how I am going to be able to stay at home for 3 solid weeks.
Unread 08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Recovering

Hello everyone, I had my first outting yesterday and was gone about 2 hours and by the time i got home i thought i was going to die, i was so sick to my stomach,didnt really ache too bad, Just was sick and finally took a pain pill and went to sleep for 6 hours and when i got up i felt so much better. I guess i had just over done it. Now today i am having Gas Pains real bad Hopefully they go away soon. I am having another outting tomorrow,I hope that i dont get sick again. I go Thursday to get my staples out, I cant wait. Does it hurt when they come out? Does anyone know? Any suggestions for Hormone Meds that work Best?and less side affects? Thanks Please let me know Later Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 04:52 PM

I had my tah/bso on 8/7 and came home on 8/11. I was in recovery for 10 hours due to compiications. I am not doing so well. I have been having a lot of pain and this morning I had a temp of 102. Went to the doctors office and he is concerned and I am scheduled for a pelvic ultrasound in the morning. I am really scared.
Unread 08-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Tracyd, so sorry to hear that you're not doing well. It sounds like you've had a rough time, so it's natural to be scared. I really hope that your U/S goes well tomorrow and you get to feeling better soon.
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:02 PM

Hi Everyone - I love waking up in the morning and logging on to the laptop while still in bed and seeing all of your comments!
I guess you must all be in America as it looks like you are awake when I'm asleep here in Singapore! It's about a 12-16 hour time difference.

I'm happy to say that I am feeling fine - still haven't had any painkillers since 9th when I was discharged from hospital. My friends think it's strange that I'm not feeling any pain - I can't explain it but I'm not complaining! Still bleeding a little and get tired easily but then I guess that's the way it's supposed to be.

I don't know if this will help those of you who are having BM problems but the minute I got home I started this routine and from the 10th I've had regular BM twice a day (really helped with the gas too!! ) I have 6-7 pitted prunes every day and 1 packet of Fybogel (like Metamucil) in a glass of water. For breakfast I have Corn Flakes mixed with All Bran in milk. As soon as I started that (I really think it's the prunes!) everything started moving along and it's been regular for the past 6 days now.

I've had a number of visitors which means I've had to go down the stairs to let them in and up the stairs again but I have put them to work to make me cups of tea once I'm settled back in bed or on the couch! They seem to like having something to do for me before settling in for a chat and hearing all the gory details. The stairs do make me start bleeding again so I take them really slowly.

All of you who have been out and about already on outings, etc. :steer: - do be careful - it's better to go a little stir crazy for a few more days and rest the body than to overdo it and potentially cause other problems later on. I'm itching to walk across the road and have a mani and pedi but am not sure if I can sit up straight for so long just yet! Will wait another day or two I think just to be sure. I'm propped up in bed using the laptop for hours on end but it's easy to slide down and take the pressure of the lower back when I need to while in bed!

Catherine (FairyDust2007): Thanks for your reply - yes, I do work long hours sometimes but not 15 hour days and don't need to travel as much as you do! No wonder you have 4 weeks off before heading back to work! I am able to work a fair bit from home right now with telephone consultations with clients (from bed!! :bedjump: ) and also can work via email. It's not ideal as face to face meetings are best but it's the next best thing (I'm a career coach/corp. image consultant.) My problem is that I also conduct a lot of workshops which means standing up for 8 hours. I saw the Dr on Monday and she was pleased with my progress but my trip to Sydney this week (not for work, to see my kids) had to be postponed till end Sept. Silly to fly so soon. She did say that I should be ok to conduct the half-day workshops scheduled for next week (4 days in a row) as long as I have a chair next to me and don't stand for the whole time. I hope she's right and I will take it easy - it's just hard to postpone those workshops for various reasons.

Tracyd: I am so sorry to hear that you've been feeling so much pain. I hope it eases off very soon and that your ultrasound goes well in the morning. Take care of yourself.

Well, ladies, I hope that today and tomorrow bring good progress for us all - let's pamper ourselves because we are worth it!
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:18 PM

Jane, I am amazed that your returning to work so quickly, my Dr is probably keeping me out because of the amount of travel that I do. How wonderful it is that we are on different time zone and no matter where we are in the world this one web site has so many women connected. Did you keep your ovaries? I think I have both of mine my DH gets so confused, I don't even see my Dr until next week and that will be 2 full weeks post op check up. Have a wonderful day and it is nice to hear your progressing so well. Sorry I called you April, not sure where I picked that one up from. Have a great day. Catherine
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyd
I had my tah/bso on 8/7 and came home on 8/11. I was in recovery for 10 hours due to compiications. I am not doing so well. I have been having a lot of pain and this morning I had a temp of 102. Went to the doctors office and he is concerned and I am scheduled for a pelvic ultrasound in the morning. I am really scared.
Really hoping and praying for a smoother recovery, not everyone just bounces right back up and feels wonderful, give yourself time to heal and take all your medications so you can stay on top of your pain. That was what was suggested to me and it worked, hope things work out for you.
Unread 08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Finally feeling better

My TVH was Aug 10th. I got to come home from the castle Monday morning. I am doing much better now. I lost a lot of blood and had to be given 2 units Saturday night. I don't regret having my surgery. I already feel better overall. Thank you for all of your support.
Unread 08-14-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDust2007
Jane, I am amazed that your returning to work so quickly, my Dr is probably keeping me out because of the amount of travel that I do. How wonderful it is that we are on different time zone and no matter where we are in the world this one web site has so many women connected. Did you keep your ovaries? I think I have both of mine my DH gets so confused, I don't even see my Dr until next week and that will be 2 full weeks post op check up. Have a wonderful day and it is nice to hear your progressing so well. Sorry I called you April, not sure where I picked that one up from. Have a great day. Catherine
Catherine - No worries about calling me April! I've been called worse However, my birthday is in May so you were close!!!
Re Work: Yes, I am concerned as everyone is saying they have to be off work for 4 weeks and yet my Dr here seems to think that I'll be fine next week (into the 3rd week post op) as long as I don't stand for too long and sit when needed. I will listen to my body though and play it by ear after this weekend. I had a LAVH but my Dr said on Monday that it was actually a TLH (can't find the acronym on Hystersisters) which is a total laparascopic hysterectomy meaning that she used lasers to cauterise the bleeding instead of stitches and then the uterus and fibroid were removed vaginally. Apparently I have only a few internal stitches at the top of the vagina holding things in place. It all sounds rather queezy to me so I try not to think about it too much! Maybe because of the laser cauterisation the healing is a little faster? Anyone have any comments on that one as I am confused too! Will see the Dr again next Monday so will have plenty to ask her then!

Yes, I kept my ovaries as according to my blood tests I am not peri-menopausal yet. However, I may be soon if the ovaries don't kick in and start doing their job after the op! So far so good so perhaps I'm ok for a few more years? Who knows!!

I think my DH is experiencing a bit of information overload every evening when he gets home from work as I give him a blow by blow analysis of my various body functions as it's all still so exciting to me when things work! He just gets me a glass of wine and a hug and I am sure is waiting for me to become normal again!

Tonight we will go for a short slow walk outside and see how I feel. I miss the outside world! However, Hystersisters has been SO amazing as I feel that I am not cut off from the world (indeed, you are all over the world!), I am not alone in my experiences and I am so glad to know that we can all give each other encouragement as we go through this.

Keep healing well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register