Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 09-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

go to Google and look up "brazilian wax" and Wikipedia will give you a description - sounds painful to me "LOL"!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyd
okay Jane

Now I am probably going to sound like the one who should know this and doesn't, but what is a Brazilian?

Tracy
Tracy - you make me blush !!! You know when you go for waxing of your legs? Well, this is waxing between your legs! Yes, it was kind of painful but nothing compared to having internal stitches redone 3 weeks ago without anaesthetic! You can choose different types of Brazilians - I went for the 'full monty' and am amazed at how clean it feels! My boss (I have a female Managing Director) has been raving about it for ages, my daughters think it's the best thing ever and I was reluctant to give it a go as I kept thinking of the 'plucked chicken' thing ... however, now I've had it done, I can highy recommend it ... but if you have an abdominal scar, make sure you wait until it totally heala before you even think about it! I had a LAVH so the beautician (or waxer - whatever you want to call her) just did everything around the tiny keyhole scar down there. You can have a look at www.strip.com.sg and it gives you all the details of what you can choose, what to expect and after care as well! On that note, it's time for bed! Jane
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Me, me, me!!! I had a clot fall out last night too!!! Freaked me out completely because I have had no discharge since the surgery. Nothing, nada, zip. So last night, 2 days after returning to work, and one day after my last check-up by the doc where he declared everything a-ok - a dime sized clot. Good to know there is a reason!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 05:34 PM
you ladies make me laugh

Jack00 you made me laugh as usual--I have kind of a funny story. I usually have a brazillian wax so I made sure it was freshly done before my surgery, you know people are going to see me down there !!!!! Well you can believe my horror when they took the cath out and I had to go to the bathroom and found that they had removed every lock of hair down there, all that pain (only kidding) and the money I spent 2 days before to look cool. So when I read your story it made me smile harder. It is growing back now, and is so much fuller than I have ever been. What kind of razor did the nurses use ???!!!!! So I cannot wait to get trimmed again, but oh the thought of anyone in that area still gives me the hibbies. I am so NOT looking forward to next Wednesday for my 6 week, and if I get the okay for sex, I am so not looking forward to that, well I am but I am so afraid.

I did go to work Thursday and the girls were so kind and made sure I stayed put as much as possible, I actually felt pampered a little. I had planned to stay until 1:00 working 5 hours, but of course I stayed until 3:00. When I got home it was the first time I was actualy exhausted and went to bed early. Today I stayed put but I hav felt like I have pins and needles inside. I might have overdone some positions I have not been doing lately. I plan to go in Monday and Tuesday only of next week, then take the remainder off until the following week. Then my 6 weeks will be over. If they were not so short staffed I think I would have stayed out, but I felt bad. DH and DD's think I should have stay home, but whatever. I am still here and I was careful.

To all back to work sisters be cautious and listen to your body. I know I will try. For the other sane ones doing what our MD told us to do, SMART MOVE. For the sisters who are still recovering, it does get better, really.
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:10 PM

Moushiel - I'm glad I'm not the only one with the Brazilian!! I think once you get it done you never want anything to grow back again. Absolutely wonderful!

Umm ... you know the sex thing? Well, as I got the all clear yesterday (if we promised to be really careful) DH and I decided to experiment. I was SO nervous it really was like the 'first' time! In fact it was wonderful - slow, gentle, tender and hey!!! Everything still WORKS! The big O was incredible! I am no longer nervous but of course will still make sure we go really easy for another week or so ... not only is there light at the end of the tunnel, but there is still wonderful feeling IN the 'tunnel'!!!!! Ohmigoodness - sometimes my metaphors aren't that good. Anyway, for those of you who are feeling a little nervous, take it slow and it will be fine !

Yes, those strange small clots coming out at anytime between 3-5 weeks are quite normal - I asked my doctor about them too. I guess in Singapore they use different stitches as mine dissolved at 3 weeks and just came out a little bit at a time.

It's Saturday over here, DH has gone to golf and I am going to gently hit the gym! Hope you all have a good day.

Jane
Unread 09-14-2007, 08:59 PM
All Ok at the Doctor's appt.

Dear Sisters,

Well, the doctor checked everything over and I am doing fine. I am still spotting (slightly) and the doctor said I have one raw area that still has to do some healing. I will be at 6 weeks on Tuesday and can resume normal activities (including sex). I want to start exercising and the doctor said not to overdue it and take it gradually. He said it will really take 6 months for me to regain my energy and get back to sleeping normally. The doctor said losing your ovaries definitely alters your "normal" cycle and your body has to readjust.

I was glad that the doctor discovered what had been causing the increased pain for the past few years. One of my fallopian tubes (severed during my tubal ligation many years ago) had adhered itself to my colon. The doctor said it took a while to do the colon repair before he could even start the surgery.

My DH and I are headed off to a cruise on Carnival (ship is the Liberty - Western Caribbean). After everything that has happened...I need a vacation!

Take care and God bless,

Noreen
TLH/BSO on 8/7
Unread 09-14-2007, 09:54 PM

Just thought I'd pop in here...loved the stories about the brazillian...I'm actually thinking of having it done because that is one of the most embarrassing areas of my body, ugh...and if I could make it pretty for DH I'd feel alot better (he commented that he kinda liked the shave job from the hospital...they didn't shave me clean, but left about 1/4 to 1/2 inches...)

I also wanted to say that I'm still 5days away from my 6weeks and my 6week post with dr. to get the all clear to resume activities, specifically SEX, but I just couldn't wait. DH and I decided to just try a little, well a little turned into alot, and I am SOOOOO tickled that I had NO pain, no belly cramping or aches afterward, no sore cervix. We even tried my favorite position and DH said that I felt much better in there because he wasn't thumping my cervix (I didn't realize that he was bothered by it before). I know that it was probably wrong and I was risking a setback, but I let my body be my guide. DH and I agreed that even if I got a twinge we'd stop. Not one...I just can't rave enough about sex being pain free. What a relief.

Also, I'm STILL having to cath myself. I'm looking forward to my dr appt to discuss this ongoing issue with him.

Tracyd and Zeldabean...so glad to hear you are doing well...think of you often. Jacko, you too, you are just too funny.

Take care ladies...I'm off to bed after a night out with DH...so tired.
Lis
Unread 09-15-2007, 08:48 AM

okay Jane I went to the website Oh my goodness I never knew such a thing. Now I feel very sheltered! It brought tears to my eyes just thinking of the pain. Ouch! I know it said very little pain but I just can't imagine. Then to hear Moushiel and Lis also doing or considering it made me giggle. I asked my oldest daughter about it and she laughed. Told me girls in High School do it especially during the summer. She also wanted to know what else we discuss on this website. Then I smiled and said wouldn't she like to know. Anyway I don't think I will ever become that experienced with a brazilian. Just doesn't seem to fun to me. Sorry, but will definitely be something my DH will never experience. Jane you really make me jealous though, to be able to do and try so many things. Keep it up and I will just live vicariously through you!!!! You go girl.

Everyone is talking of sex. Help!!! I haven't been released yet due to the complications and am about to die. DH is so understanding, but I don't know how much longer I can survive. DH is so sweet and I think he kinda likes knowing that women can get just as frustrated as men. Hee, Hee I go back tues and I think I will physically hurt my Dr. if some changes aren't made. Maybe I am a little hormonal on top of things, but enough is enough!

It is a beautiful day here in the Missouri Ozarks and I am looking forward to a nice walk today. DH and I went to a dinner theater last night for my . Yes my birthday was yesterday and yes I am one year older. The musical was wonderful, but I had to get up every once in a while to walk a bit. Anyway had a wonderful birthday and made a mental note that this year I am going to do more activity and eat more soy, fresh fruits and fresh vegetables. Try to make this year more healthy for this body with less parts.

Everyone have a wonderful day and keep healing
Unread 09-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Hello,

I have a question and maybe someone can help me out. I am five weeks post op and having some vaginal bleeding. I went to to the Dr. on Tuesday and she said all was fine but I still had some healing to do on my right side and I still had some stitches in that area. At that point I was not bleeding. Yesterday when I went to the rest room I noticed I was bleeding and had passed some internal stitches. The bleeding is not bad or gushing. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal. How long does the post op bleeding last? I did not have much after the surgery.

My incision on my tummy is almost closed. The Dr. gave me the clear for work but still no sex or gym for three more weeks.

I hope all you ladies are having a great weekend.

LeeAnn
Unread 09-15-2007, 10:31 AM

This seems to be a theme this week! I too went to my appt on Tuesday... all looked well. Have not had any bleeding at all since surgery. Given the clearance for returning to work and etc. Then Wed, passed a dime sized clot! And had pink on the TP for the next 12 hours. Alll gone now, but it seems there are several of us having this 5-6 week surprise bleeding!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register