Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 09-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Hey Everyone:

Been checking in this weekend but haven't had a chance to write. My infection is gone - YEAH!!!! So thankful for that. Seem to be doing well. Just like the rest of you. Get really tired easily still and belly is sore at the end of the day. Hopefully it will go away soon. I'm sure it will take longer since I had the hernia surgery 2 weeks ago. But I do feel so much better.

nonameyet: I still get the gas and hope it goes away soon. But with everything that we have had done to us on the inside I can see why we have the swelly bellys at the end of day and the gas.

I haven't had any discharge or bleeding yet. I guess that is good because I probably would have freaked so I'm glad I read on here from all of you what has been going on so I do know that when and if it happens what is normal and what isn't so thank you everyone.

I finally was able to go out of the house on Friday on an outing that didn't involve the drs office. My boss came by and took me to lunch and then I we came back to my house and just went over a bunch of stuff that she was not sure what to do with so that worked out nice. It was nice to get out of the house finally. I was really tired by the end of the day. But just taking it slow. Yesterday, I went over to my neighbors for our little knitting club we have. I was there for about 3 hours and didn't even realize it until I started to get achy from sitting for so long. So I did come home and crash for awhile.

I have some sharp pains on one side today so I don't know if it is from doing to much walking and begin out and using muscles that have not been used in awhile but nothing that a little motrin hasn't been taming. So I'm not going to panic unless it gets worse.

Cleared to go back to work on Oct. 1 So I'm looking forward to that. I too am kind of sad that our little group is winding down and we won't be catching up as much. But I think of all of you often and thank you all so much for all your help in getting through this. It has been good to know that other people were going thru what you are going thru at the same time.

Jacko888: You always make me laugh. Your brazilian story was great. I came close to that before my surgery because the woman was like they are just going to shave it off anyway. But not sure I can do the whole thing. Just keep thinking it will hurt to heck.

Have a great sunday everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2007, 11:20 AM

I'm feeling like a caged bird. No outings lately. I don't drive yet and even if I could once I get somewhere walking for a long time is too much for me. I have been enjoying the games on this site. Something to make me think. I haven't been by my job. I've been home since July 3rd. I think about the place occasionally. I kinda wish someone would call to take me out to lunch at least. Oh well this seems to have been a good lesson is knowing who your friends are.
Boohoo.
Unread 09-16-2007, 03:06 PM

Well, today I feel like crap. I've got my ovaries and if I were having periods I might have been starting sometime in the next couple of days so I'm grumpy. But I went to WalMart earlier this a.m. and did some lifting that I shouldn't have, so now I'm swelly and hurting. Been trying to take it easy this afternoon. I'm also exhausted. What is the deal here? I was feeling pretty decent a few days ago. I was looking in the mirror and commented to dh that I really look way past my age (usually I look several years younger) my eyes are wrinkly and I have dark circles. I even had a pimple show up, ugh. Have I not been through enough lately?

Thanks for listening to me whine.
Lis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2007, 03:24 PM

I know what some of you mean about not feeling good. It seems like my gas and constipation is worse than ever. It is so hard to go... I know I should be careful about pushing, but I feel like I really have to go and the gas pains are so bad....... not sure what to do.... am taking Benefiber and trying to be careful about what I eat. Also drink lots of water. its my favorite drink in fact.
After working one day and then having today off, tomorrow its up at 4am and work at 6am again.
Unread 09-16-2007, 04:56 PM

Hi Lil sorry your having a rough time. I feel ok in the mornings but come afternoon I am exhausted and feel like crap. I go back to work tomorrow but only for a few hours. I refuse to do more than my body will allow. I hate swelly belly. I am going to go sit with ice back on my tummy and watch tv. Cheer up and keep in mind this was a major surgery and it will take time for your body to heal. Rest and no more lifting.

Zelda B glad your doing so much better and your infection is gone.

Think, I understand the caged bird feeling but I have been able to drive for about two weeks now. I don't go far. I like to stay close to home. My work has been very good they call and email. They would have come for a visit but I did not want anyone coming into my messy house. DH tries but does not clean the same way I do.

Coyotee, have you tried Miralax? It works great and can be bought over the counter. I am also having problems in that department. Things started to work but now it seems to have come to a screeching halt. So I will be back on the Miralax. I drink lots of water and eat a pretty balanced diet. It just takes time for everything to go back to "normal". Do not over do it at work.

Take care everyone.

LeeAnn
Unread 09-16-2007, 05:24 PM

Lis~~I am with you there. I haven't gone anywhere; except dr. appts., for almost 6 weeks. Well, yesterday I thought I would go shopping with my dh. Went to walmart; I needed some new jeans that fit, I am down a size; and we just picked up a few things, then went to costco for a few more things. Ok, dh wouldn't let me lift anything, well except the jeans I bought. I am still tired today! I feel like I overdid it. I was exausted last night! Good grief! I was very active before surgery, so this is hard for me. DH keeps telling me "you had major surgery and repairs, lighten up on yourself"! We can whine together.

Coyotee~~can you stomach prune juice? I don't really care for it, but when I can't go, I resort to it. I warm it up and down it fast. About 4-6 ounces is all I take. About an hour or two later~~~look out! It gives me the "runs" for about an hour, but it beats the constipation! I just make sure I have the baby wipes there and I am good. No cramping, just bowel gurgles. I am not "allowed" to push, so I have to avoid constipation. The prune juice is a little drastic, but I feel that whatever it takes!

Zelda Bean~~~glad to hear you infection is gone. And glad you are on the mend. Keep it up!

Well, I have my post-op tomorrow. I am hoping I get the all clear. I still have some pains, put I know that will continue off and on for a while. Hopefully all my vaginal stitches are gone, so dh and I can enjoy each other like we haven't been able to for 6 weeks!!

You ladies have a great day; and keep up the happy healing!
Unread 09-16-2007, 05:59 PM

When I go to work tomorrow I will have to get some Miralax and try it. Tried both Ducolax and prune juice, really didn't do much for me either. I am beginning to wonder if there is something amiss. If this doesn't solve itself by Wednesday I guess I will call the Dr again. I have to go 150 miles to see him, so its not too convenient.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Unread 09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
6 weeks

I go for my 6 week post op tomorrow. I'm doing well. Very little discomfort. I think my incision in my belly button may be infected though. I guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow. Having lots of hot flashes. I am on low dose of progesterone (sp?) but no estrogen. My doctor is hesitant about giving me estrogen because it can cause the endometriosis to grow on other organs. Any tips on a non-prescription remedy for hot flashes...please pass them on.
THANKS!
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:36 AM

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm feeling kinda lousy right now. I've been timing my sharp pains. Happens approx every 4 minutes. Took a pain pill 1 hour ago. Maybe I need another one. I'll phone the doc in the am.
Goodnight ladies
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:20 AM

Good morning ladied!

Willow Caroline- thanks for your reply!

Well, my day continued to get bad! The blood in the a.m., slammed my fingers in a gate, went to the salon for pampering and she ripped the skin off my eyebrow during waxing, and sprained my knee (slightly) while walking! I should never have got out of bed!

The good news, no more bleeding, the fingers stopped hurting, the eyebrow is almost healed, and the knee feels good after 2 days of not walking, keeping it up and ibuprofern (sp?). Went for a 2 mile walk yesterday with hubby and all was well.

See the MD tomorrow for 6 week checkup and I'm expecting the A-OK from her - wish me luck!

How's everyone else doing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register