Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 08-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

no getting the staples out did not hurt. I felt a little pull and then like a little pinch. to me that was the easy part! ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Got my stitches out yesterday, didn't hurt at all. Been told by the doctor to be back to normal in a month when I go for my next control, whatever that means, he did say I couldn't play any sport until then which is not so good. I think I am lucky, had everything taken out and touch wood, have more discomfort rather than pain. Not taking any meds at all and walked about 2 kms yesterday with no adverse side affects. Seem to be going to the bathroom a lot though, is that normal? Good to see this is a global experience I am in yet another timezone down in S America!
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:16 AM
1 week out....

For the most part, feeling well. I am finding this about the same as my c-section.. although my c-section recovery was probably worse than normal.

Still using pain meds, doc recommended using them through end of this week.

I tire very easily... even a shower can make me need to sleep.

BMs are still uncomfortable as everything moves through the pipes... but stool softener helps. Trying to eat lots of fiber.

Still sleeping propped up on pillows...

Run a low grade fever each day.. doc says this is to be expected because I needed 2 units of blood during the op.

Have lost 14 lbs!

Swelly belly, but smaller than fibroid belly.

Overall, recovery not as bad as I feared... pray it continues this way!

WC

TAH, lost one tube, kept ovaries, bikini cut, due to fibroid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 03:25 PM

Went for the ultrasound and I have a golf ball size fluid pocket just above the vaginal cuff. The doctor says this is what is causing my pain because it is pushing on the stiches there. He wants me to take some strong antibiotics and hopefully with bed rest it will disolve on its own. I go back to see him on tues. Aug 21st. If my temp goes back up to 102 again I have to go into the hospital again to have a drain put in. Lets just pray for that not to happen. I promised I would take it easy and stay on the meds. I am a little scared. I don't want them to have to do surgery again. I am so thankful for this sight. It comforting to hear from all of you and I am glad for each one of us.

TAH/BSO AUG 7TH
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:32 PM

Had my LAVH one week ago and it went really well. I was nervous, my first time in the hospital. The first day I didn't get out of bed, felt too dizzy. The second day I got up and felt okay, took several walks & doctor let me go home that night! I was so happy to be home because the hospital was so noisy. I have been lucky because I haven't had much pain. The most difficult thing has been the constipation. I see the doctor tomorrow, hoping she'll say I can start walking the neighborhood.
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:55 PM

Tracyd--so sorry to hear about your complication. I'm glad you are going to follow doctor's orders. Don't hesitate to call the doctor's office if you have any concerns. The nurses at my doctor's office were very reassuring and wanted to know about any problems I had. I hope you don't have to have more surgery!
Unread 08-15-2007, 05:56 PM

Tracyd - I was worried about you - so glad you are back home and have antibiotics and are monitoring your temperature regularly. I don't know if this will be helpful but I was given antibiotics at my first dr's check up after the op on Monday (6 days post op) - she said that it's standard procedure for her even if patients don't have any problems as she wants to make sure that the antibiotics prevent any infection while healing. I was also given pills to prevent a yeast infection to take concurrently with the antibiotics. However, I am in Singapore and procedures will probably be different in America. I hope that with the antibiotics and lots'n'lots of rest the fluid sac will disappear and you will be feeling much better soon. Take care of yourself.
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:38 PM

Well this is my first reply since going to the castle. Went in the morning of the 10th put me in room #13, we just chuckled and didn't know if we should run They came and got me to prep for surgery I was in the pro op room and they came in and said the doctor was with an active labor patient so back to room 13 I went! About an 1/2-3/4's of an hour they came back to get me went directly to the operating room seemed like minutes and I was in post op everything went well (TVH) went to my room. That night my blood pressure dropped down to basically nothing was having trouble breathing nothing going in the cathider, I was dehydrated got that under control next day felt alot better. I was all ready to go they had checked my blood lever (should be between 11-15) mine was a 6 so had to have an ultrasound-didn't get to go home- has some bleeeding going on didn't know if it would just go away or have to go back into the OR. Well Sunday night has two blood tranfusions and that brought my blood up to 9.3 so Monday morning rechecked my blood back down to 9.1. So back to the OR. I had a few blood clots and an adhesion from previous c-sections so he recautherize and clean out clots and I did feel lots better. So now I have opening on my stomach also I came home Monday night, I have swollen belly bad and not liking it. Had to "small" bm's today (Wed) and walking around the yard as much as possible. Belly not going down though. When will it? I am really getting stir crazy even though I know I can't do much of anything. Just keep saying to myself this will pass!!!!

Cindy
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM

Hi Jane:
I too had a LAVH, kept both ovaries, very large fibroids on August 6th. I have had no pain, no discomfort and other than just being a little tired some afternoons, I would have never thought that I had surgery!!! I don't see my doctor for a full 5 weeks until after the surgery, and thank goodness I haven't had to call her about anything. I feel very fortunate that it was so easy for me as I'm diabetic, overweight and not a spring chicken either.
I'm glad you are doing so well also - and so far away!!
Good luck,
Anne
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:28 PM

I had my post op dr appt today and all seems well. The results were not back from the pathologist yet, but I don't think anything will turn up. Nothing was there before the surgery so I think it will come back clean.

I didn't see the dr but saw his PA who gave me a script for antibiotics for a possible bladder infection that she said was common when a cath is used. I talked to her about my antidepressant and how I am feeling great still when I forget to take it. She said that I could start taking it every other day. It would be great to finally get off those after so many years. I am also not having all the regular complaints that so many women have after a hyster. No night sweats or crying jags. I really feel great and feel like I did the right thing for me with the TVH BSO, the bladder sling and the reconstruction.

She was surprised to see me moving as well as I was but then too I just don't know how I am suppose to be moving. Sure I am just a tad slower than before, but I feel great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register