Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Unread 09-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 06-Aug 13,2007

Jane~~~glad you are back! Glad you had fun with your daughters!. I haven't posted all weekend, either. My dh and I decided we needed to get away for the weekend. We went to Mammoth Mountain; only 2 1/2 hours from home. I got quite sore driving that far, but I had a great time alone with dh. And it snowed while we were there, it was so beautiful!! I was very tired after driving (okay, riding in the car) that long, but it felt so good to get away. I hadn't really been out it 6 1/2 weeks!!

Hey, I have been thinking about getting a brazillian for my dh, do you really have to get into weird positions? And the pain? I heard take tylenol before and that helps. Anyway, I am just a little scared to do it, but want to do it for dh.

You take care and glad you are back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkjjrd6
Jane~~~glad you are back! Glad you had fun with your daughters!. I haven't posted all weekend, either. My dh and I decided we needed to get away for the weekend. We went to Mammoth Mountain; only 2 1/2 hours from home. I got quite sore driving that far, but I had a great time alone with dh. And it snowed while we were there, it was so beautiful!! I was very tired after driving (okay, riding in the car) that long, but it felt so good to get away. I hadn't really been out it 6 1/2 weeks!!

Hey, I have been thinking about getting a brazillian for my dh, do you really have to get into weird positions? And the pain? I heard take tylenol before and that helps. Anyway, I am just a little scared to do it, but want to do it for dh.

You take care and glad you are back.
How wonderful that it snowed while you were away - so romantic!!! Hope you're feeling well rested now.

Well, the Brazilian ... I just came back from redo-ing mine (2nd time not painful at all!) It's a little painful the first time (I guess it depends on how hairy the individual is!!) You can choose the different types of Brazilian that you would like. I got the one that took absolutely EVERYTHING off down there - front, back and everything in-between! I didn't take any painkillers beforehand (it wasn't that painful really, just sharp sting when they rip off each bit of wax with the waxing cloth. What they do is put a little strip of warm wax on one section, cover it with the waxing cloth then rip it off. Then they work, section by section, until you are as smooth as a baby's bottom! They should give you some cream to prevent ingrown hairs to be used a night, and also some cream to put on in the mornings which will make the regrowth softer. Quite easy really but it did sting when they did the thickest parts (mainly the front bit that you can see.) I don't know how much detail you'd like but you just lie down when they do the front bit, then when they do the middle bits you have to bend one knee and open up a bit so they can get to where they need to wax. If you're going to do the back, you just lie on your front and let them do their thing!

My DH LOVES it!!! And also I feel just so clean and neat. Now that I've started doing it I wonder why I never did it before!

Well, hope that helps!!

How is everyone else doing? Thinking of you all! love, Jane
Unread 09-26-2007, 03:34 AM

Hello everyone,

I had my dr.'s appt yesterday and I am a free woman. All of my nasty little spots are healed. No more packing, no more irrigating and no more wicking. I am so relieved to be back among the living. I told him a couple weeks ago he had better work miracles because my DH and I were going to Kansas City the first weekend of Oct to a Chiefs Football game with seats home side 50 yard line 16th row and I was not going to miss it. Looks as if he is the greatest Dr. ever!!! I still have to get released from the in home health people tomarrow and then I can start back to work on Monday. Dr. wants me to start with two weeks half days so I don't do too much too fast. I am a loan processor at a busy bank and it is a pretty stressful place. There's always a closing that's impossible to meet, but I love it!!!! I am going camping and fishing with my family this weekend and I am really looking forward to it. The Ozarks are so beautiful this time of year. Hope I catch a few of these, but hopefully a little bigger Should be a nice relaxing weekend.

Jane- Glad to hear you had a nice trip with your daughters and the event was not to hard on you.

Bonzo-So happy to hear your "boobs" are normal. Must have been scary during the wait. Just be happy now that you know you aren't going to droop! :bigwink:

Lis-Are you still cathing? I read you are still measuring does that include the cathing? I think about you a lot and wish I could do something to lift your spirits. I know how hard it is to be down in the dumps and feel so miserable and alone. Keep us posted on your recovery. I am sending you your own personal cheerleader to help keep your spirits up!

To everyone-Some are back to work, some getting ready to go, some still just not ready yet and some not going back at all. It's amazing how we all heal at our own different rates and have our own issues. I am so thankful for this website so we can all share with eachother and I feel I have really gotten to know some of you quite well. I don't think I could have made it through this saga of my life without all of you and your daily posts. I just wanted to say thank you.

Oh! and the Brazilian thing still makes my eyes water thinking of it You are some brave ladies and I really do admire you for it!

Okay--I know I got a little carried away with all the smilies, but it's 4 o'clock in the morning and I couldn't sleep what can I say! :timeup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 05:21 AM

Hey Tracyd and Jacko!! So glad that you both are doing wonderful!! Tracyd--you have been sooo patient with your recovery. I am sooo glad that you are getting released. It sounds like you're taking advantage of it...camping, then a Chiefs game...sounds awesome.

Jacko...How nice it was that you finally got to visit with your DDs. I know that you were so let down when this visit was delayed. You must be wonder woman to have had so much activity and still feel great. Some days just chasing after my 2 little guys wears me out.

I'm STILL cathing...I void as much as I can, then cath...my numbers have improved, regressed, improved again. They're just all over the place. I can't remember if I posted on this thread about my Dr. appt. last week. He wants me to wait 4 more weeks before he'll talk to me about this...so I made an appt with a Urologist for Friday. If he says the same that the other dr. says then ok, but I'd really like to get another viewpoint.

So, glad everyone is doing wonderful...I think I've got my friend talked into going to a spa for a spa day and have a brazilian done...but she says we have to be having it done at the same time because she wouldn't want me chickening out if she went first and then she'd be the only one looking like a plucked chicken. Does it cost much? I hate spending money on myself but if I can talk someone into giving me a certificate for my bday then I'd be more likely to do it.

Everyone have fun...it's off to the hair dryer and curling iron to get ready for work...and packing lunchboxes for the boys and waking them up out of their peaceful slumber to drag them to school.

Lis
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:42 AM

Tracy - great that you are feeling so good and getting out and about - it's good to hear that you are all healed and the packing, etc is behind you now. Sounds like you've got some fun activities coming up! Have a great time!!!

Lis - thank goodness you have an appointment with a urologist coming up soon. It is always good to have a second or even a third opinion if things just don't seem right. 4 more weeks before your DR will talk to you about the cathing? Doesn't sound like he's got the best bedside manner - I always need a lot of info and encouragement from health professionals as I reckon that's why they are in the business - caring professionals! Re costs for a Brazilian (I am so glad there is so much interest in this!!! I have to say that my DH really, really loves it!) I don't know what the cost is in the USA but in Singapore it costs $60 (Which is about US$40 I think) for the full Monty. However, the after care creams are quite costly - the one to prevent in-grown hairs and the softening cream are both fabulous but expensive. I have to admit that I felt rather shy when I first went to do it but the ladies in the salon were so 'matter of fact' and professional about it that I wasn't shy for long as we had long discussions on the merits of waxing and how busy the business was every day!

Good news - I just went to the golf driving range with DH and I hit my first bucket of balls for 7 weeks!!! I only hit about 35 balls, very gently, half swings at first, but I felt ok and even used the driver with full swings in the end and the balls didn't go very far (I was gentle!!) but they went straight! Yay - I'm going to play golf this Saturday and am so excited!!!!

Ladies - several of us have been saying how much we will miss each other when this forum closes (I think it closes in week 8?) I'd really like to continue to keep in touch with those of you who are keen as it would be interesting to see how we continue to recover and get back to normal lives in the months to come. If you click on my name at the top of the post, you can go to my personal details and I think (haven't tried it yet but think this is what you do!) that you can click on 'add to my buddy list' so that we can continue to keep in touch. Just a thought!!!

Time for a glass of wine and snuggle up on the couch - big day tomorrow - client meetings in the morning and then a 4 hour workshop in the afternoon. Hope it goes well!

Take care everyone!

Jane
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
hi Ladies!

I just wanted to let you know that Princess Bea will not be closing the Progress Recovery thread. Instead, once ya'll have reached the 8 week time of recovery, we will simply move this thread to our Clubhouse so you can remain together, continuing your friendships.

However, please remember....if you have questions about your surgery, please start a new thread in post-op forum. AND please remain in the post-op forum to help our newer members with their questions.

Carry on!
I went back and found this. Does anyone know where the clubhouse is?
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:14 AM

Looks like it's here...

HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy >
HysterSisters Club House
Unread 09-26-2007, 10:11 AM

Jane~~~I like the adding each other to our buddy list! So that is what I am doing.

Thanks for all the info on the brazilian! I talked to my husband about it, and he is pretty excited for me to do it. I did shave once, yeah, I'll never do that again! Stubble is the pits! Does it itch growing back in? I liked the shave they gave me at the castle, but I don't know how they got it so close! So when you mentioned the brazilian, it really peaked my interest. I called the one place here that does it, and it is $60+, but I think well worth it. My dh said he doesn't mind paying for it however often I have to do it (I am not that hairy). I agree with Lis that I would like a certificate for my b-day, as I am a litle nervous. But my b-day is tomorrow, so it is too late to ask for that now ! That's ok, I will get it done soon. My younger daughter is thinking about a bikini wax (she is really hairy), so we might go together. Thanks again for the info!

Lis, let us all know how your urologist appt. goes. I am so sorry you are still dealing with the bladder problems. My bladder problems seem so insignificant compared to yours. I really hope yours get better soon!

Gotta go get some dishes and laundry done. And dusting, and picking up toys now that the baby is asleep. You sisters have a wonderful day. I will be back on later, when my chores are done (yeah, like they are ever done )! I love this website! Talk to you sisters later.
Unread 09-26-2007, 11:20 AM

I've long been overweight but, before my Aug 8th TAH/BSO, I was also anemic. My hevy periods were exhausting and I had no energy whatsoever.

Yesterday, I went to the mall and walked the mall twice without being tired. It's pretty amazing.

Back to work next week. I am trying to push myself and also trying to minimize naps, to get into "shape" for my return, even though I figure the first few days will include catching up on thousands of emails and talking about my last two months of medical issues with co-workers and also catching up with them.
Unread 09-28-2007, 01:45 AM

Hi Ladies

It's been quiet on our board for the past day or so - how are you all? I hope the lack of posting is because you are out and about and feeling good!

Well, I went off to work again yesterday morning for individual client meetings and then in the afternoon conducted my 4 hour professional image workshop (one of the 2 that had to be cancelled when I went back to hospital 4 weeks ago) I am delighted to say that it went well and I was walking, talking, moving about and getting it done with no problems at all! Even went overtime due to lots of Q&A which is always a good sign that the workshop was well received! Hooray - life feels normal again! I am not working today so went off to the driving range and found that I can hit all my clubs at just about the same distance as before my operation. Amazing!!! Can't wait to play my first game tomorrow after over 7 weeks away. Don't expect the score will be any good but I just love being out on the fairways and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

I don't have anything to discuss regarding my healing as it's felt so good recently however I do hope that you are all well and I'm looking forward to your news.

All the best, Jane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register